1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Wow, where can you still get one of this?

I checked all the sites and I guessed you guys cleared up most of them.

Any idea of where I can still get one (around bay area) or US?

Thanks.

Seeing how they'll never be in the US for being originally a web exclusive you're screwed.

Next option is paying a high price on eBay or whatever overseas website will have available.

Yeah, dang, it's quite an arsenal. Heh, I should shop around for magnets since that's quite ingenious.

Mine shipped later than others, but I otherwise received it in four days. Yay for avoiding the LA port.

I've spent a good hour admiring it & it's sleekness, but wow, it's stiff! Neither suggestion on how to push down the cockpit worked for me, or at least at a pressure level I was comfortable with. The landing gear covers make me worry I'm going to snap them before they pull out a bit. One of the arms doesn't seem to click when I pull it out. Heh, I haven't made it to battroid mode yet. The rubbing alcohol suggestion to remove the tampo doesn't seem to work in a minute, so I'll have to try again later.

It's so lovely! Definitely not regretting it's cost. Such a good time to browse the toy subsection after a years of overlooking it. Now I need to consider if I want to upgrade my 1/72 collection....

Touch down!!! Picked it up form the post office this afternoon. This damn bird is AWESOME, no QC issues so far, although, not transformed it yet.

I'm sooooo glad I managed to get a 2nd that should be here next week.

Ok, just transformed my VF-4 all nice and smooth.

WORD OF WARNING for those who have not transformed it yet.

Just found how the chin gets damaged and almost screwed mine.

When taking out the head assembly from the fuselage you need to be very careful. The chin gets damaged because it hits the plate some where near the neck.

Hard to explain in words maybe some pictures will help. Will work on that ASAP.

Edited by Froy

Mine are coming tomorrow, cleared customs earlier today. I've seen that a couple of you guys have done panel lining on yours and it looks great. Any suggestions for a relative noobie who wants to do the same. Is there a tutorial online, thread here on the forum, etc that I could reference. Also saw mention of a Gundam pen/pencil(?) a few pages back...would that be the best way to go?

Sent email to NY about missing piece Last Friday, no response as of yet. :(

Sometimes they are slow to respond. They should be able to get you the replacement part if they talk to Yamato for you. Hopefully they won't try to have you send the whole thing back for replacement. I have yet to transform mine, but think I should when I get a chance to check out the QC.

Edited by Loop

Mine just came in today! No problems with SFO customs thankfully. So far I'm very impressed and this is probably my toy of the year. I'll do the maiden transformation this weekend when I have time but she is beeeeyoootiful so far!

No regrets on getting two of these either!

So show of hands, how many of us have been majorly screwed by LA customs? Because if you have been I urge you all to call and tell them where they can stick it tomorrow. (310) 337-8700

I expected this for SAL packages,but not for EMS. I hope mine clears sometime this week. :angry:

I believe they've been pretty busy between all the past holiday stuff and changing over their system. Give them some time. Starting a claim may get you blacklisted by them and keep you from making any further purchases with them. I'd only use that option as a last resort.

It took them about a week to respond to an email inquiry I had sent them.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

start a paypal or credit card claim. They will respond real quick after that

Yeah...don't do this. Give them time first since they are just getting back from the New Year holiday over there. This should only be done as a last resort.

This is Where my order status is at, lets see how long it takes to get to Washington state

Jan 4

17:39 Posting/Collection TATEBAYASHI Gunma prefecture 374-8799 Jan 4

20:49 Arrival at outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Tokyo metropolis 138-8799 Jan 4

23:11 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Tokyo metropolis 138-8799 Jan 05

13:53 Arrival at inward office of exchange AMC SAN FRANCISCO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Jan 05

13:54 In Customs AMC SAN FRANCISCO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Jan 07

05:32 Departure from inward office of exchange AMC SAN FRANCISCO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Really weird that LA customs has everything delayed, isn't there a way to contact them and see what the hell is going on?

I just called LA Customs. They don't track the packages via the shipping numbers, they just inspect and ship back. Customs claims if the package came in December they've already inspected it and sent it back to USPS.

I will say the lady at Customs was far more polite then the bitch I spoke with at USPS.

Edited by Mommar