1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

mine is on delivery.. i wonder if the multiple rocket launch in vf 1 could fit like this model kit

Once the aftermarket uder-belly door panel with integral hard points hit shapways you'll be able to load the VF-4G just like that, at least between the nacelles... outboard of the engines, not so much.

All these LA customs delay stories have me considering FedEx once I request HLJ to ship mine. :(

Edit:

Notice anything different? ;)

A vertical line that looks like an antenna?

Edited by mechaninac

Yeah I think LA USPS customs might be the factor, here is my info http://tracking.post...1=EJ152178854JP

USPS in general is complete ass, especially once it hits New Mexico. However this LA customs place is really pissing me off. Both VF-4's have been sitting there since the 30th and my 17D has been sitting there since the 31st. Oddly enough my 19P arrived there on the 29th and made it through relatively quickly (I received it Thursday) although the USPS website didn't update that it had arrived in New Mexico until it was already dropped off at my house (one of the few advantages to taking care of your aging parents is that they can answer the door during the day and sign for packages.) This is pretty much why i try to choose FedEx whenever I can. I've never had this problem with them ever.

I'm going to try and do my panel lines today with "dark dirt" weathering wash. Good Job on yours though! The black marker is just a tad to dark deep dark black for my taste.

Do share when you get that done. I'd like to see. I've found it a pain to use it when the panel lines are really shallow.

I got mine all stickered up and put a gloss coat on it. I was planning to do an oil wash on my VF-4 and SDF-1 today, but the black oil paint I ordered hasn't arrived. So much for Amazon Prime 2 day shipping :angry:

Both of my vf-4 got chin damage (may be my bad) first one I can fix it. Other need to repaint. So.....

582376_403043189775235_982010963_n.jpg

184510_403042793108608_224318516_n.jpg

BTY, I already reduce size of the head fin. ^_^

Nice. You did a pretty good job modding the head so far. From the line art, it seems like the head laser is near identical in shape to the YF-21's.

Ok, here's my entry into the panel line VF-4 category...Done with the pro modelers dark dirt weathering wash. Not gonna lie... This one was a biiiiitch!!! Different kind of plastic maybe not really sure but, it took me over six hours straight to get it to this point. Never again!! I'll tackle the stickers tomorrow....

post-11393-0-20977400-1357439991_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-43970900-1357440008_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-36758500-1357440068_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

oh, here's mine.

photo27.jpg

the whole thing with the.....Shoulder Armor....let's call it that for now....that besides the missles is the biggest PITA of this thing. I love it otherwise!

if they ever make a "Yamato VF-4 2.0" that's the only thing I want fixed myself.

Edited by Lightning

I just happened to go onto HLJ web site and they had a low stock 1/60 VF-4 i placed the order and now the valk is in San Fran for customs, think I might have gotten lucky....

Edited by jorawar_b