1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

From Macross mecha manual:

• - Armament -
    Guns:
  • 2 x large beam cannons (mounted in forward engine nacelles/lower arms in GERWALK and Battroid modes); blocks can be detached and operate with removable, lightweight equipment within an atmosphere
    Bombs & Missiles:
  • 12 x semi-recessed long range missiles (mounted on engine nacelles and ventral fuselage)
  • 2 x underwing pylons for missiles
    Optional Armament:
  • 1 x Howard GU-11 55 mm three-barrel Gatling gun pod with 200 rds fired at 1,200 rds/mint

It is easier add the hard point under the fuselage though

Edited by Froy

Every time I read that I think that there's really nothing special armament wise to the vf-4 compared to the vf-1. But I also tend to see the vf-1 in its super pack armament rather just bare bones normal payload. Otherwise there's not a terrible amount of difference. Holds the same payload plus beam cannons. Yet in the ps2 game they're dual gun pods on the forearms not cannons.

At least yours is in the US. Mine is still in HLJ's private warehouse thanks to the holiday the staff took off. I can wait...but only so long

Edited by mass driver

I really can't get over how incredible this thing is. It really is a thing of beauty. Fighter mode is PERFECT just so sleek without unsightly bulges that you would expect from such a different transformation process. Which brings me to the transformation itself, it really is surprisingly easy and, IMO, fun to do. Looking forward to you guys getting yours, I feel this is the best Valk Yamato has done to date.

Bravo Yamato, Bravo!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

There's nothing I need to be worried about in transforming it, is there? No tabs that might snap if you don't move pieces in EXACTLY the right way or anything like that?

Nothing much to worry about. the missile pods fall off quite often, the bottom fin could snap off, you might get poked by sharp edges here and there. But those are usual things for Macross, aren't they :D

Nevermind! Just transformed it! SO AWESOME! So much fun!

The one big impression I get of this toy is that it FEELS like an 80's toy, like the old VF-1 bricks, but it looks and has the posability of a modern toy! It looks gorgeous in all modes, it feels good in all modes, my only real complaint is that...honestly, I'd have preferred it if the missiles were molded into the toy instead of being removable. They hold well when you pick the toy up and play with it, but they fall out all over the place while transforming.

ETA: Heh, thanks, kyekye, and yeah, even if the missiles tend to fall off more than I'd like, that's really par for the course in every Macross toy I have. Except, you know, the Macross itself.

Edited by Radd

Big nothing but yesterday's mail. Just shows its in the post office half mile away. Sort of irritating when you can't even go and ask them for your item. And when it does get delivered they just drop a slip so you have to come get it anyways.

I had a quick look at a cool box before I have to leave right after getting home. But tomorrow I will get to play with her. Whooshing noses and all. :) I may even get a few pics up.

The most I've ever waited for an EMS shipment was 4 days. It's been a week now. Probably since its the busiest time of the year for holiday packages. I guess I should go FedEx next time.

Edited by OzmaLee74

Speaking of how simple and fun the transformation is, kinda funny now to think how everyone expected that if Yamato ever made a toy of this, it absolutely would have to be an incredibly complex and frightening transformation. XD

I wish I had a VF-19 toy, this is my first Valk purchase since the VF-11. Hoping I can get more work going soon and grab a VF-17 and a VF-19.

Yeah. I *JUST* caught the mailman as he was heading back to his truck, box in hand.

Heh, that's exactly how I got my VF-19P! Actually, not exactly, he wasn't heading back to his truck yet, he was just about to ring the bell as I arrived. You could say i went up and just took the P.

have no idea how to post a pic up here but i got mine this morning EMS from NY. did't have to pay any tax/duty because they always put a rediculously low price on their packages (though i only got dinged once from HJL this year).

definitely my favorite Macross figure of the year, hope they'll make repaints so i'll have an excuse to get another one.

I finally got my first one today all my packages were sitting in SFO for the longest time too. I don't know why the guys in LA are still waiting. The valk is awesome, I did not really get to play with it though as I want to really wait until I get some new display cabinets. I was thinking of keeping the second one in a box, but I may temped to display both, one in fighter and one in batteroid.

Well, transformation IS surprisingly simple and inventive. The lack of shoulder articulation and the missiles though really hurt the figure for me. It's still awe inspiring in Battroid or fighter mode. Gerwalk is one of those where I'll give an easy pass too.