Does anyone sell 1/60 VF-1A Yamato parts?

amptor

Hello. Well I didn't know this would happen, and it happened a long time ago as some might remember from my posts. But my first issue of a Yamato VF-1A (the first of the Macross DYRL series that they released) yellowed on one wing, the head, and one of the landing gear doors.

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum knows how I can acquire replacements. I think there used to be a thread on here but it was for 1/48 parts and I only buy 1/60 fighters.

Thanks

Is this a v2 1/60? I may have a spare i can sell. Pm me if interested

It's a V1 1/60

And to the other poster well it wasn't off white before it yellowed.. the movie version VF-1A is snow white. This isn't the cannon fodder.

V1? Those toys are like ten years old, I don't think you'll find any pristine pearly white parts anywhere, not even if you asked Yamato.

OT: My god, TEN YEARS. I remember the exact day in Shinjuku when those things came out, I was there in Sakuraya with another Macross Worlder called Matt, and maybe one other guy, just watching them roll out the new valks from the back room.

I also remember buying one and taking it back immediately because the plastic in the neck joint was glued wrong and would not move, it looked like it was welded together in a mess of white mush. The guy at the cashier pulled another from under the counter and handed it to me, no questions asked. These were certainly the "hey, it's Yamato, what can you do" days. :)

The yellowing happened to my Hikaru VF-1A v1 also. I ended up selling it on ebay along with most of my v1 Valks though I still have a sealed Hikaru 1A (still white) and a few others pending someone's payment. Like the other members stated, I'd say it's time for an upgrade to the v2 though hopefully you'll get a later release without the shoulder problem most of us have experienced.