VF-19EF... Kinda..

Macross GURU

I've looked at the footage for M.F.: Wings of Goodbye and I realized it is basically the VF-1A upgraded with newer FAST boosters and armor parts. The model I've seen posted on the internet looks nothing like the VF-19EF in the movie footage. The picture below, I took the YF-19 from Mr March's site and added SMS logos.

Please note: The original was colorized by Mr March.

post-11066-0-85665900-1323854377_thumb.png

looking back and comparing, the line art makes it so superior, for some reason.

Edited by cannon_fodder674

Anime magic... ;)

CG is much less forgiving, which is why the VF-171 looks so much thinner than the VF-17. They are supposed to be the same airframe with the 171 only having a longer nose.

Edited by Zinjo

I've looked at the footage for M.F.: Wings of Goodbye and I realized it is basically the VF-1A upgraded with newer FAST boosters and armor parts. The model I've seen posted on the internet looks nothing like the VF-19EF in the movie footage. The picture below, I took the YF-19 from Mr March's site and added SMS logos.

Please note: The original was colorized by Mr March.

post-11066-0-85665900-1323854377_thumb.png

VF-19EF has nothing to do with that plane in the movie. That is the VF-19ADVANCE. VF-19EF Caliburn is a short-wing plane from Macross the Ride. You can see it here. http://media.photobu...s/IMG_0002s.jpg

I get the feeling, based on the details, that the model of the VF-19ADVANCE in the movie was just a minor upgrade of the YF-19 they did for All that VF a few years ago.

The model is based on the the original line art of the YF-19. Hasegawa's physical YF-19 model it is a lot different (much more elegant in my opinion). This is what the line art from This is Animation: Macross Plus shows. http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/yf-19/schematic-yf19.gif It matches Kawamori's line art. I attached a copy of the VF-19ADVANCE drawing I did with an up-detailed Hasegawa side view as a base. You can see the difference, even just in the forward fuselage.

VF-171 has to be smaller, going by the stats. It's only about .2 meters longer, yet the nose is a lot longer then a VF-17's. That means the rest has to be smaller to fit that size.

post-5201-0-43469200-1323905485_thumb.jpg

Edited by Talos

Where does the VF-19ADVANCE name come from?

The last I read on the matter (in Japanese sources), is that it is a type of VF-19. Period.

Frontier movie novelization, as I recall. Japanese wiki had, as well as calling it "VF-19 Isamu Type" or something along those lines (I'm going by memory). Either way, it's not a Caliburn.

Ok, cool, so it is not the Caliburn. It all makes sense now.

Is there any more line art for the VF-19Advance?

No, as far as I know all we have for the ADVANCE is screencaps from the movie and game. The line art I uploaded I drew for doing colored and shaded profiles with.

No, as far as I know all we have for the ADVANCE is screencaps from the movie and game. The line art I uploaded I drew for doing colored and shaded profiles with.

Cool, nice job I like it a lot. I added more SMS logo's to the GERWALK and Battroid mode. I'll take a crack at coloring your image if it is alright with you.

Again, original coloring by Mr March.

post-11066-0-10387400-1323948044_thumb.png

Frontier movie novelization, as I recall. Japanese wiki had, as well as calling it "VF-19 Isamu Type" or something along those lines (I'm going by memory). Either way, it's not a Caliburn.

Ah. OK.

Hmmm... I was under the impression that it's "VF-19 SMS Isamu Specification".

Either way, agreed. NOT the VF-19EF.

VF-19EF and VF-19ACTIVE can be seen here: http://hobby.dengeki.com/macross_r/#kitai

Ah. OK.

Hmmm... I was under the impression that it's "VF-19 SMS Isamu Specification".

Either way, agreed. NOT the VF-19EF.

VF-19EF and VF-19ACTIVE can be seen here: http://hobby.dengeki...across_r/#kitai

Here is the reference from the wiki. " 『劇場版マクロスF(下) サヨナラノツバサ』では、「VF-19ADVANCE エクスカリバー・アドバンス」、通称「イサムスペシャル」と名づけられており、S.M.Sマクロス・クォーター級クレイジー・ホース所属の機体とされている。"

It's from the header "VF-19(イサム機)".

One thing that strikes me about that custom VF-19 for the movie though.. I mean, besides the fact that it looks like the original YF-19 prototype..

Mounting the boosters there just wouldn't work in any mode other than fighter. In gerwalk, they'd probably block the arms from unfolding, and in battroid, they just wouldn't work at all.. they'd make major trouble for the legs, and probably drag on the ground.