Any books in English language, for like even the UK????

vf27-PILOT

HI all,

Just thought of this last nite actually, right after I went DOH!!! Why not asked before!!! Are ANY books released in an English language, not in America, but the UK or some other European country????

Thanx all,

Merry Christmas..

E. J.

To the best of my knowledge, the only Macross related book that was ever released in the English speaking world was Haruhiko Mikimoto Illustrations by Books Nippan. Though it's mostly artwork with very little text, with most of that text focusing on Mikimoto and not Macross. Books Nippan was planning on following this up with Macross II Illustrations Handbook (sp?), but that ended up being cancelled, presumably due to the poor sales of Haruhiko Mikimoto Illustrations. The Macross II manga was published in English by Viz and can still be easily found today, though I don't remember it burning up the sales charts.

On a somewhat related note, Books Nippan also reprinted Macross Memory Perfect in the USA, but it wasn't translated into English. I heard that they planned for an eventual English translation, but it never happened, presumably due to lackluster sales.

A lot of people like to blame Harmony Gold for the dearth of English Macross books, but even before Harmony Gold got involved in the scene, these types of books just didn't sell well outside of Japan. In today's age of scans and torrents, I think they would fare even worse.

A lot of people like to blame Harmony Gold for the dearth of English Macross books, but even before Harmony Gold got involved in the scene, these types of books just didn't sell well outside of Japan. In today's age of scans and torrents, I think they would fare even worse.

This is the main thing to keep in mind (TheLoneWolf beat me to it). As cool as translations of these books into other languages would be, there's only a very small market for them.

Even in Japan, the market has changed. With Macross books, it's become increasingly rare to see B&W line art of the VFs, let alone more than a handful of pages dedicated to ALL the mecha that appear in a series!