It looked like they where going back to their roots at the end of the last season. Here's to hoping. Last season did get better towards the end of the season when they started going to Central America....but like I said earlier I wasn't thrilled with the Archer vice thing. Pretty much the first half of the season was just OK for me.

Chris

• 3 months later...

I couldn't finish the Archer Vice thing; it just didn't have the same magic as the previous seasons. Also, Pam was so GD annoying in that season. ...

She was a coke addict. Ever met any? They are the most annoying people. cocaine is a horrible drug that basically makes everyone who takes it an assh0le that sees themselves as the only real people in the world, with the people surrounding them just as obstacles that are like bowling pins.

Coke Pam was awesome.

I couldn't finish the Archer Vice thing; it just didn't have the same magic as the previous seasons.

You got your wish. In the trailer they ditch everything that happened in Vice to restart ISIS or whatever.

Say whatever you want of last season we got a Danger Zone duet out of it and I don't even like country.

The Archer Vice season was not their strongest, but it kind of made up for it at the end. I look foward to the show coming back. Also A1 is right Coke addicts are nuts, and Pam's addiction, while handled in a more comedic way, was pretty spot on. Still surprised that Archer didn't enjoy Pam's fitter form more after how he and she hooked up before, and it was the mindblowingly good $e* he'd ever had.

Pam going fat again doesn't surprise me though, with the Coke out of her system she would plump right back up without serious lifestyle changes. We need to have A1 cameo as Pam's personal trainer and get Pam back in shape around the mid-season.

I am glad their going back to their old spy ways, in the new not ISIS spy company. Let the Archer hijinks commence.

I agree with you guys about season 5. Really didn't get good till the end.

It's funny reading comments on these "interwebs" about season 5 "Archer Vice." There are these groups that want to shout down anyone that says it wasn't as good or it was a bad idea. As if by showing any disappointment means we aren't fans of the show or greatfull for the work that goes into it. When reviews of the first 4 seasons seem to be pretty much universally loved, the very fact that fans discuss the Archer Vice experiment proves our point that it failed.

Chris

I wouldn't say that it failed so much, as that it wasn't successful, there is a difference. I think FX wanted to try and make them anti-heroes, hence the whole drug thing, but the shows production staff and writer didn't see it that way and ended up adapting other stories to fit the Archer Vice concept. That made things go off rails a bit. It almost became old school Archer again with the last few episodes and now we will go back to what we love. I don't mind a show/characters growing and changing, but the change/evolution has to be natural and flow well. The Archer Vice change was too abrupt and didn't flow.

Coke Pam was awesome.

You got your wish. In the trailer they ditch everything that happened in Vice to restart ISIS or whatever.

Say whatever you want of last season we got a Danger Zone duet out of it and I don't even like country.

Same, and I don't like Country music either.

I actually liked the Vice season. Major departure without making the show lame. They tried this in Venture Bros and I think that got screwed up.

The Archer Vice season was not their strongest, but it kind of made up for it at the end. I look foward to the show coming back. Also A1 is right Coke addicts are nuts, and Pam's addiction, while handled in a more comedic way, was pretty spot on. Still surprised that Archer didn't enjoy Pam's fitter form more after how he and she hooked up before, and it was the mindblowingly good $e* he'd ever had.

Pam going fat again doesn't surprise me though, with the Coke out of her system she would plump right back up without serious lifestyle changes. We need to have A1 cameo as Pam's personal trainer and get Pam back in shape around the mid-season.

I am glad their going back to their old spy ways, in the new not ISIS spy company. Let the Archer hijinks commence.

HAHA... I am fairly certain that there is a residual effect of habitual coke use. I had some friends in high school that were all about it, they were nice people who immediately turned into horrible people... Now years later, they are clean, but still are NOT nice people.

I hate how people think coke is a casual drug. Total life ruiner. Right up there with meth and heroin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
5 hours ago, Big s said:

Are they gonna keep doing the alternate dream stories. I’m getting tired of them and want to get back to the real story.

I don't think there's a real story to get back to. Pretty sure they said this is the last season.