Will there be a 1/60 VF-27 version 2?

takatoys

Battroid turns into a floppy mess especially when trying to pose the gunpod. Then there was the paint chipping thing. Otherwise, it's still one of my favorite valks, though I expect it to get knocked down the list by VF-17S

Thing is, the DX VF-27 already is much better than the v1 VF-25, it's more or less a v1.5 to start with. The difference between the v1 and v2 VF-25 is huge. A v2 VF-27 wouldn't be THAT much better. Sure, it'd be better, but it wouldn't be the mind-blowingly-huge no-brainer-of-a-purchase that the v2 VF-25 is.

ik, but it'd be soooo cool. I like the thinner profile of the v.2 Vf-25, which would be great on a VF-27. My hopes for an awesome VF-27 have been relegated to waiting for a Yamato one though.

Do you own a VF-27? If not I can tell you that it's already thinner than the v.2 VF-25 so I don't see the point of changing that.

Even though there are some other areas that could be improved they're not so many, so I'm not expecting Bandai to release a new version. A super pack release could be possible though…

Design-wise, fighter and GERWALK mode are fine. They just need to modify battroid with the renewal 25's crotch locking mechanism along with the lock on the outward slant. Maybe also the hands where a larger ball joint is in the hands, instead of the little ball on a peg coming from the wrist, which would allow for holding the large beam gunpod with one hand without going limp wristed.

Do you own a VF-27? If not I can tell you that it's already thinner than the v.2 VF-25 so I don't see the point of changing that.

Even though there are some other areas that could be improved they're not so many, so I'm not expecting Bandai to release a new version. A super pack release could be possible though…

It's not thinner, to me standing side by side the 27 seems a bit chunky to the renewal 25.

It's not thinner, to me standing side by side the 27 seems a bit chunky to the renewal 25.

It’s thinner. Compare for instance the nosecone from the intakes onwards. I think that if it looks chunkier to you it’s maybe due to the bigger wings and extra boosters…

I think he meant in fighter mode, the profile is thinner than that of the VF-25, which is true. Battroid wise, it looks chunkier because the legs are still too high up and doesn't have enough clearance, especially when the crotch piece is angled outwards. It makes the hips seem even closer to the chest. The shoulders could use the renewal style joints as well.

Nope, they're the same as the vf-19's ball joints. Metal post, metal half hemisphere, plastic half hemisphere pegs on top to complete the "ball". Plastic inserts in the socket for friction.

edit: well, the vf-19 doesn't have the plastic inserts in the sockets.

Edited by eugimon

Nope, they're the same as the vf-19's ball joints. Metal post, metal half hemisphere, plastic half hemisphere pegs on top to complete the "ball". Plastic inserts in the socket for friction.

edit: well, the vf-19 doesn't have the plastic inserts in the sockets.

Well, that sucks. These ball joints with metal post + metal half hemisphere + plastic half hemisphere + plastic insert in the socket for friction have been in use since the v.1 VF-25 and not very successfully.

post-12283-0-20000700-1323274876_thumb.jpg