Full Metal Panic! Action Figures

Archer

Yeah, and Alter is doing a Laevatein now for their 1/60 line!

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/92013/alter_mecha_arx8_laevatein_full_metal_panic

Why is this mech getting so much attention now all of the sudden? Bandai just released a Robot Spirits Belial and re-released the Laevatein to go along with it but I didn't think FMP would make it into the Metal Build line. Much less the Laevatein. It does make sense that Alter would continue the 1/60 line but I thought they would maybe do an enemy mech next. I wish Sunrise would get around to making a new anime series that actually has the Laevatein in it.

I think Bandai is doing the ARX-8 because it's the most recent arm slave that Sousuke used in the last manga or visual novel. However, all Bandai needs to do is repaint and remold it and then we can get the arbalest. And then repaint and remold the arbalest into the M9s. :lol: Do it Bandai do it.

I wonder what scale they'll go with for the metal build. The Alter figures are beautifully made, but they're a little too small for my tastes. Hopefully, the metal build will take the scale up a notch.

I too wish they were going for the Arbalest though, unless Bandai knows some insider information regarding Full metal panic being jumpstarted for a new season or something

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

so alter is re-issuing Arbalest, and bandai has teased a MB version.

My question is this: Does anyone have that red Laexton MB thing, and if so, could they stand it next to a macross fighter of some sot so i can see scale? Ditto the Alter Arbalest if possible.

Coz I'm mighty tempted...

Â¥14,800 + S&H for a 5.7in tall mecha figure?... I want a drag off whatever Alter is smoking...

Before the reissue the prices in the aftermarket was pretty high, but with bandai making a Metal build version , it might take most of sales from them .

I just saw it in a random ad and jumped on it. Is Bandai releasing a figure of their own? Of the Arbalest and/or the Laevatein? I wasn't exactly keeping up with the rare updates for this series.

Either way, I like Alter's sculpt. One thing I didn't particularly like about the Metal Build Laevatein, and which (along with finances) kept me from getting it, was the unnecessary flourish that Bandai always seems to indulge in. The Kotobukiya kit of the same subject matter cost significantly less and looked just as good in my eyes (if not better in some regards), with the only major drawback being its smaller scale.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

• 8 months later...

TV Anime "Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory" Officially Postponed to Spring 2018

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/07/01-1/tv-anime-full-metal-panic-invisible-victory-officially-postponed-to-spring-2018

The site explains the reason for the postponement as below:

"In addition to the original staff who have worked on the series since the first one, we have added new members and have sank our teeth into the production. However, Full Metal Panic! is the title that demands high level of capability and vitality not only from the new members, but also from the original ones. We have almost given up the project many times. At all such times, we worked our fingers

to the bone in order to deliver the best work we can to the fans. Then literally, we reached our limit. We

needed more time. We realize that we need to ask for more time to continue the production. As a result

of various discussions, we have decided to postpone the airing to the Spring of 2018."

• 2 months later...