Snow White & the Huntsman

areaseven

Coming June 1, 2012 is yet another adaptation of the Snow White fairy tale. Snow White & the Huntsman is directed by Rupert Sanders and stars Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan in The Twilight Saga, Sarah in The Panic Room) as Snow White, Charlize Theron (Æon Flux, Mary in Hancock) as Queen Ravenna, Chris Hemsworth (Thor, George Kirk in Star Trek) as Eric the Huntsman, and Sam Claflin (Philip in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as Prince William. The eight Dwarves are Ian McShane (Blackbeard in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda) as Caesar, Stephen Graham (Tommy in Snatch, Scrum in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as Nero, Bob Hoskins (Eddie Valiant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Spoor in Brazil) as Constantine, Toby Jones (Armin Zola in Captain America: The First Avenger) as Claudius, Eddie Marsan (Inspector Lestrade in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows) as Hadrian, Eddie Izzard (Roman Nagel in Ocean's Twelve, Miles Axlerod in Cars 2) as Tiberius, Ray Winstone (Admiral Orlock in Killzone 3, Mac in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) as Trajan, and Nick Frost (Butterman in Hot Fuzz, Clive in Paul) as Gus.

Official Site

Ok, I am usually willing to suspend belief for a fantasy story. But if Charlize Theron's mirror says Kristen Stewart is more beautiful, then that mirror is clearly broken and needs to be replaced.

I would be completely onboard if the roles were switched though.

lol

Ok, I am usually willing to suspend belief for a fantasy story. But if Charlize Theron's mirror says Kristen Stewart is more beautiful, then that mirror is clearly broken and needs to be replaced.

I agree 100%, Kristen Stewart is really not attractive

While this indeed looks epic to a sense, I don't know. I saw Alice in Wonderland and wasn't impressed and I believe these are the same producers. On the other hand Tarsem (director of The Cell, The Fall, Immortals) Snow White movie looks like fun though they went the comedic route with it. It's called Mirror Mirror.

agreed, movie is fundamentally flawed.

• 6 months later...

Just got back from seeing it myself. Entertaining, if not anything too special. I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Bonus points for not being in 3D.

Where's the face hand plant emotion-con.

What next Sam Jackson, "Keep these M.F.ing dwarfs off my set".

Edit: Sorry, I forgot he is in Robocop.

So that means we can have Robo as the Tin-man in a remake of the "Wizard of Oz"

Edited by Fly4victory

Great soundtrack. Great CG. The rest was too childsafe for a dark film.

My biggest gripe is that Kristen Stewart wasn't very Snow White pretty. Amber Heard and Ashley Green would have been better choices. And they can act.

Edited by Omegablue

Saw it with the GF and I think it's a great medieval fantasy movie and doesn't pretend to be more than that. Vivid visuals, great FX (esp. the Troll) & costumes, loved Ravenna's castle, very good soundtrack. Steward and Hemsworth were the weakest links in an otherwise OK cast, and the elves' realm scenes had a bit much sugar coating, but Theron was perfect in her evil queen role. Even the dwarves worked well this time.

Where Kristen Stewart has few expressions I didn't think she was bad. I thinks its more her teeth are always out. I was kinda annoyed with Charlizes role. I don't know how to explain it but some of her scenes just seemed forced. The dwarves kinda annoyed me. Maybe I was just "annoyable" that day. Over all it was a good movie though.