Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

areaseven

Tom Cruise returns as IMF Agent Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, the fourth installment in the Mission: Impossible film series. J. J. Abrams, who directed Mission: Impossible III, is this film's co-producer with long-time colleague Bryan Burk. Taking over the director's chair is Brad Bird (The Incredibles, The Iron Giant), making this his first live-action film.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol makes its debut in Dubai on December 7 before being released worldwide between December 14, 2011 and February 3, 2012.

Official Site

BOOOO!! NO VING RHAMES!!!! BOOOO!!! Just kidding, it looks good!

Agreed. I enjoyed the first MI but it's just gone downhill since then. Although, I will say that MI2 is a guilty pleasure of mine... :rolleyes:

Agreed. I enjoyed the first MI but it's just gone downhill since then. Although, I will say that MI2 is a guilty pleasure of mine... :rolleyes:

I think that's because it's no longer "Mission Impossible" but "Mission Tom Cruise". MI1 is the only movie that had the feel of the original TV series. All the others should be retitled: "Ethan Hunt: IMF Agent"!

I think that's because it's no longer "Mission Impossible" but "Mission Tom Cruise". MI1 is the only movie that had the feel of the original TV series. All the others should be retitled: "Ethan Hunt: IMF Agent"!

That's only true of 2. The third movie easily has as much team work as the first movie

Phillip Seymour Hoffman (sp?), who proved to me in MI3 just how versatile he is. Watch him as a funnyman in something like Twister and then watch him again as a steel faced villain in MI3; pretty good stuff.

MI III was in my opinion the best one. All because of Philip Seymour Hoffman. what a creepy bad guy! (and because I have a HUGE crush on what's her name that played Ethan's wife) liked the first one as well. Didn't care for 2. I'll give this one a shot for sure.

(and you gotta love Hoffman in Boogy Nights!) :lol:

Edited by derex3592

Michelle Monaghan or Mahogany, or something. Yeah she sure is a beauty. Bond girls established the legends but MI girls aren't bad either-that sweet little French thing in the first movie, what's-her-face in the second movie and Michelle along with Maggie Q aren't bad lookers. Again, Philip was totally effective in MI3...

That's only true of 2. The third movie easily has as much team work as the first movie

True, but the action still centers around Ethan Hunt: Ethan Hunt's protege is killed, Ethan Hunt's wife is kidnapped, Ethan Hunt is branded as a tratior, etc. How many episodes of the original Mission Impossible had all the action centering on Mr. Phelps? Sure, every so often there was a story involving his past, or an old girlfriend but most of the missions did not directly call for him to be the "hero" while the others just "help" him carry out the missions.I suppose nowadays that works, having Cruise run from missiles, dodge explosions, climbing large buildings only to freefall to the streets below while his team watches him, but for me (and I have all 3 Mission Impossible movies on DVD) I'm getting tired of Ethan Hunt. I'll see MI-4 even though Ving Rhames is not in it, but after this PLEASE NO MORE ETHAN HUNT!!! ^_^

Edited by aerocombatpilot

Tom Cruise made M:I his vehicle franchise. They say he's passing the torch to Hurt Locker guy but I'm pretty sure that won't be the case. The original series focused on how these guys can get away with the mission without being detected and I have to say that Hunt is the worst M:I agent of all because everything just blows up around him. It was really crappy that they made Phelps the bad guy.

Still... gonna check it out because it's Brad Bird's first live action. I wish he did something different. Hopefully he doesn't completely follow Abram's footsteps and start making crappy movies with Spielberg.

It was really crappy that they made Phelps the bad guy.

Me and my parents thought the same thing when we saw Mission Impossible in the theater. Why make Phelps the bad guy, why not just kill him. I know they wanted to make Ethan the lead character but they could have found a better way of doing it!! Really, Phelps could have stayed on as leader because Ethan really took the place of Rollin Hand, being a master of disquise, and even in the TV series Phelps really just put the team together and gave the instructions; he wasn't that active in the field! Blast, that makes me mad the more I think about it, it wasn't enough for Cruise to be the lead agent, he HAD to be the leader AND the lead agent!! Making Phelps the bad guy so Tom Cruise COULD BE THE LEADER IS SOME OLD B#@&*%!!!! :angry:

*Pardon my French* ^_^

Edited by aerocombatpilot

• 4 weeks later...

Making Phelps the bad guy so Tom Cruise COULD BE THE LEADER IS SOME OLD B#@&*%!!!! :angry:

*Pardon my French* ^_^

I think a lot of that had to do with Cruise having produced/directed/paid/written for or whatever he did with that movie. And, like anything else where an actor is dually involved with a film, it ends up being a stroke-fest for that particular actor...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna wanna watch it just for the purpose of watching the movie and being entertained lol. Though I will probably watch MI1,2 and 3 just to remember what happened in the previous installments. The only thing I know about this movie is Tom Cruise climbs up, what is supposed to be, the highest building/skyscraper in the world....and he enjoys doing it while filming lol.

That entire scene (the climb) is shot really well, as is most of the movie, and there really are great transitions between all the locations. I never felt like the team was travelling to other places just for the purpose of traveling to other locations.

What blew my mind, though, was the really creative gadgets used in the movie, which, maybe 5 - 10 years from now, I could totally see being real.

Finally, if anyone doesn't like BMW or Apple, avoid this movie! :p Seems like they made a deal with Apple and BMW, as all the cars featured, whether new or old, are all bmw's, and ALL the gadgets have an apple product, whether it is an iPhone or an iPad 2, incorporated.

I like both of those things, so I didn't mind :)

I don't know about reliability, but I agree with you on battery power. I'm fairly sure my iPhone battery is leaking, but I can't access it to see or anything, thanks to Apple's insistance on not allowing consumers to get into the internals of the phone >_>

It sucks cuz now my iPhone's operating span before it dies is only like 7 or 8 hours at full charge, where a friend of mine with the same phone, who bought it at the same time as me, can go 11 hours at half charge :(