It’s funny, they went to the trouble to build one third of IJN Yamato in 1/1 scale for the 2005 film, but some scenes looked really crappy when the movie was done, as if it was all really bad CGI. What a waste of a perfectly good set because it looked pretty damn real when I was there in person. Then they tore the whole thing down and scrapped most of the pieces. They should have built it in Kure at the Yamato Museum, where they probably would have preserved the entire set.

Well, I’m sure that won’t be the last film about IJN Yamato to be made, same thing goes with Uchu Senkan Yamato. I bet there will be a remake in about 5-10 years.

Hi guys, here is my 1/500 Yamato build in progress. Been working on the hull weathering. Trying to replicate the worn look of some builds I've seen online. Plus I'd imagine with all Yamato went through plus in and out of atmospheres, nebula, etc she'd get a bit worn looking. Also liked the paneling that was on the slip jackets of the last few blu-ray releases. Remember, still working on her. All assemblies are built just not on the hull yet so I can easily work on them.

3B7B0BBF-A64D-48C6-B6CE-B83338DBDE66_zps

75F0D0EA-B5A5-4993-BAB1-C4CCBFE69922_zps

DB26C0D4-103F-40EB-9565-934E445C0D9F_zps

D4B98761-92C4-4DD3-AF44-BD6636E72E1E_zps

6622B0F2-7B5F-49A5-B681-B9904A5E06FA_zps

Chris

Nice! Keep us posted with updates on that.

I'm really wanting to get the 1/500 kit, too.

Anyway, started on my current kits and did a quick build of the Kodai Cosmo Zero:

1/72 Cosmo Zero A1 Kodai edition (album)

za5nyxml.jpg

62EifEal.jpg

(Scaling with the old 1/72 YF-21 from Macross Plus anime)
UkDiSMml.jpg

S1rJGMol.jpg

As such, I'm not that impressed with this 1/72 kit. Way too simple. Really needs to be painted and detailed/panel-lined, as the default colored plastic is too bland. The ordnances need to be glued to the ship for placements.

Bandai is overpricing this kit at msrp. This kit should only cost US$15 max.

Beautiful Dobber!!! Can't wait to see more. Are you planning to add any decals over that beautiful weathering job? Remember to gloss coat the areas where the decals go so it would minimize the "silvering" then flat-coat it back - you might loose a bit of the subtle weathering during these clear coat processes.

Beautiful Dobber!!! Can't wait to see more. Are you planning to add any decals over that beautiful weathering job? Remember to gloss coat the areas where the decals go so it would minimize the "silvering" then flat-coat it back - you might loose a bit of the subtle weathering during these clear coat processes.

Thanks William and yes I'll be adding the decals still. I'll probably add just a touch more weathering over them so they don't stand out too much and to fix any loss in the subtle weathering. I usually add decals after weathering....weird I know...so I can fix any mistakes I may make. Plus, I always worry about washes and pastel chalks (which I use mostly in my weathering) bringing out the edges of the decals. So far all the weathering here has been done with pencils and pastel chalk.

Chris

They keep on coming...

hj141106-1112x1280.jpg

Oh, that Yamato model will be released finally.

And the 2 new Yamato girls. I have never seen those prototype models yet.

I am not sure, but those may be exhibited at All Japan Model and Hobby Show from today.

"来春発(売予定)" were on the card. ”It is panned to be sold next spring", so don't worry.

P.S.

Ah, now I understand. Yamato (related items) only, as the title goes.

I made another video about the exhibit, and it has variety of the other items and Yamato.

Edited by antibiotictab

They will tell us the 7 highlights of the 1st movie day by day (7 times) on Youtube.
The 1st one is told by the producer, Mr. Gunji.
He told that they add 25 cuts in the episode 20. The most important highlight is deck‐landing of the Cosmo Falcon.

They will tell us the 7 highlights of the 1st movie day by day (7 times) on Youtube.
The 1st one is told by the producer, Mr. Gunji.
He told that they add 25 cuts in the episode 20. The most important highlight is deck‐landing of the Cosmo Falcon.

Excellent!!

Here is the second one, translation please......?

He is an assistant producer. He introduces the new pictures of the ending credit of the movie.
Those describe the after stories of the voyage drawn by Michio Murakawa, the comic writer.
About Kodai and Yuki, the wedding party of Kato and Harada, the YRA Radio Yamato by Misaki and a gusest, Kiryu, and some pics of the Gamilas side.
Those are added.