haven't seen PO yet at HLJ, AA, HS.

if someone comes across this at those places, please shout

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 vessels precision machinery art book HYPER MECHANICAL DETAIL ARTWORKS Vol.2

CbnFt-NUMAEXkp_.jpg

LOVE mechanical books!!! YES! Please come to papa... anywhere but Amazon.jp - the shipping and customs to Canada is a killer!

Thanks for the heads up.

i hope they end up adapting the triple barrel Wave motion gun Andromeda Kai Class Shunran from the PS2 games with 5 quad barrel turrets and 3 secondary guns. In the PS2 games it was 300m but the Shuran name was also the original proposal for the 1978 Andromeda and was meant to be 600m.

b717f43bf2158ccd5b89c192f30153a0.jpg

i hope they end up adapting the triple barrel Wave motion gun Andromeda Kai Class Shunran from the PS2 games with 5 quad barrel turrets and 3 secondary guns. In the PS2 games it was 300m but the Shuran name was also the original proposal for the 1978 Andromeda and was meant to be 600m.

b717f43bf2158ccd5b89c192f30153a0.jpg

That design is pure sex.

that design is pure ass. It's TOO FAN BOI for it to be cannon (though i agree it should have a least a single underslung turret as well as AA weapons underslung)

The first part is correct, but that's the first I've ever heard of the name or the ship length you mention ever being in any 1978 proposal. What's your source on that?

I see there was this mechanical book as well released this past summer http://www.amazon.co.jp/宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199-艦艇精密機械画集-HYPER-MECHANICAL-DETAIL-ARTWORKS/dp/4800004837/ref=pd_sim_14_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=61%2BGu1-5d2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR113%2C160_&refRID=1B1JWJJNVDXMJ70JHKVN

Is the new book a part 2? Amazon.jp has som page previews and it is making me wonder if it is just covering the Celestial Ark movie. Any info on either book. I'm more hesitant now.

Chris

I see there was this mechanical book as well released this past summer http://www.amazon.co.jp/宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199-艦艇精密機械画集-HYPER-MECHANICAL-DETAIL-ARTWORKS/dp/4800004837/ref=pd_sim_14_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=61%2BGu1-5d2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR113%2C160_&refRID=1B1JWJJNVDXMJ70JHKVN

Is the new book a part 2? Amazon.jp has som page previews and it is making me wonder if it is just covering the Celestial Ark movie. Any info on either book. I'm more hesitant now.

Chris

The first book is all the 26-episode series. Covers Yamato, the Cosmo Zero, the UNCF Mars Fleet, the Zoellgut-class dreadnought, and the carriers and fighters from the Rainbow Cluster battle.

The second book isn't exclusively Ark. While it includes the Gatlantean ships, including Megaluda, it also includes a lot of Garmillas ships from the main series, and the Hayabusa/Cosmo Falcon: https://yamatocrew.jp/shop/html/products/detail.php?product_id=735

Thanks for the info! It sounds like Vol.1 is more of what I'd want...though it is unfortunate it is missing the Cosmo Falcon :(

I didn't really care for the Gatlantis ships, so I'll probably pass on Vol. 2 though I REALLY like it's cover art.

Chris

that design is pure ass. It's TOO FAN BOI for it to be cannon (though i agree it should have a least a single underslung turret as well as AA weapons underslung)

Agreed. The ideal Andromeda update will stay close to the original design, but with subtle...SUBTLE updates to make it more likely to be the flagship of the EDF...

Agreed. The ideal Andromeda update will stay close to the original design, but with subtle...SUBTLE updates to make it more likely to be the flagship of the EDF...

Given there's enemy ships out there that are much bigger than Yamato, and a long stemming idea that bigger is better, I'd say there's a good chance Andromeda will be bigger.

That, and a larger size could more easily justify its level of automation.

I've had the thought in my mind for some time that if Yamato's length is based off the height of Tokyo Tower, then why not make that analogy stick with Andromeda and have its length based on the height of the Skytree?

Edited by Analyser809

Given there's enemy ships out there that are much bigger than Yamato, and a long stemming idea that bigger is better, I'd say there's a good chance Andromeda will be bigger.

That, and a larger size could more easily justify its level of automation.

I've had the thought in my mind for some time that if Yamato's length is based off the height of Tokyo Tower, then why not make that analogy stick with Andromeda and have its length based on the height of the Skytree?

I wouldn't mind a larger Andromeda; I think 40% larger would be good, but I don't want it over designed with a two tone paint job, spinning chrome wheels and bristling with gun turrets and wave guns everywhere like a space borne porcupine. Like boobs on a woman, bigger is always better, but any more than two is overkill IMO. And any minute now people are going to start posting about the three boobed chick from Total Recall, and you know what, less is still more... Edited by myk

Personally I feel like the third wave motion gun detracts from the notion that the wave motion gun is an enormous thing taking up the whole length of the ship, in a straight line from the wave motion engine. Sure, it's a cool idea: a triangle of wave motion guns. But it's a more powerful image, that the ship is built around the gun, and it draws directly from the power source.

Personally I feel like the third wave motion gun detracts from the notion that the wave motion gun is an enormous thing taking up the whole length of the ship, in a straight line from the wave motion engine. Sure, it's a cool idea: a triangle of wave motion guns. But it's a more powerful image, that the ship is built around the gun, and it draws directly from the power source.

The Wave Motion Gun is nowhere near that big. Aside from energy conduit from the engine, the gun only takes up the area forward of the automatic navigation room, where Yurisha's hibernation chamber is.

Edited by Analyser809

I wouldn't mind a larger Andromeda; I think 40% larger would be good, but I don't want it over designed with a two tone paint job, spinning chrome wheels and bristling with gun turrets and wave guns everywhere like a space borne porcupine. Like boobs on a woman, bigger is always better, but any more than two is overkill IMO. And any minute now people are going to start posting about the three boobed chick from Total Recall, and you know what, less is still more...

I can see them taking some design elements from the Zoellgut-class dreadnought as well, that is, more turrets with more barrels. Maybe three four-or-five-barrel shock cannon turrets forward, maybe two astern, and one ventral either end.

The one thing I'd like to see moved, modified, or deleted from the new Andromeda is those X-form stabiliser wings which prevent a clear broadside being fired from all the shock cannon turrets on a single turret.

The Wave Motion Gun is nowhere near that big. Aside from energy conduit from the engine, the gun only takes up the area forward of the automatic navigation room, where Yurisha's hibernation chamber is.

It's the image that counts. The idea that it takes up the whole ship makes the gun seem even cooler than cheaply adding a third tit to the bottom of the boat. Keep the double-barrel WMG, add more shock cannons instead. Put a turret on the bottom. This is a space ship, it has to be able to defend its underbelly right?

Personally I feel like the third wave motion gun detracts from the notion that the wave motion gun is an enormous thing taking up the whole length of the ship, in a straight line from the wave motion engine..... But it's a more powerful image, that the ship is built around the gun, and it draws directly from the power source.

i like the idea of a 6-shot revolver turned into a ship

They already did a revolver WMG in that ridiculous Rebirth movie. IMHO the WMG should only require one shot.

And didn't it have some ridiculous caveat on it, like once those six shots were done, the gun could never be used again?

They already did a revolver WMG in that ridiculous Rebirth movie. IMHO the WMG should only require one shot.

ooh, got pics/links? sorry, haven't watched any Evangelion so i wouldn't know what to search.

my curiosity is more on the design aesthetics, rather rather than the in-world functionality. for Yamato in particular, i agree that a rapid multi-shot WMG would be anti-climactic and very OP.

what i had in mind though was not on WMG level, and more of a retrofit for smaller vessels on an assault mission, say, against a titan-class ship or space station, but do not have the powerplants to support such heavy assault weapons. destroyer or frigate class ships load up on cartridges then jettison them after the initial salvos to regain mobility.

ooh, got pics/links? sorry, haven't watched any Evangelion so i wouldn't know what to search.

my curiosity is more on the design aesthetics, rather rather than the in-world functionality. for Yamato in particular, i agree that a rapid multi-shot WMG would be anti-climactic and very OP.

what i had in mind though was not on WMG level, and more of a retrofit for smaller vessels on an assault mission, say, against a titan-class ship or space station, but do not have the powerplants to support such heavy assault weapons. destroyer or frigate class ships load up on cartridges then jettison them after the initial salvos to regain mobility.

I think he's referring to Yamato Resurrection, which also goes by Rebirth. You're thinking of the Rebuild of Evangelion

HLJ have some specials at the moment for those interested in discounted Yamato goods:

Mecha Colle and 1/1000 kits still in stock reduced. This includes the Mars Fleet Collection #2 1/1000 for 800 (75% off) yen, the 1/1000 Deusura Core Ship for 950 yen (75% off), and the Polmeria carrier for 2250 yen (50% off)

They also have the 1/8 Yamato Girls line Akira Yamamoto Ship Uniform figure from August last year at 60% off, down to 5400 yen.

I couldn't help myself but get a second Polmeria and the Mars Fleet #2 at those prices.

And didn't it have some ridiculous caveat on it, like once those six shots were done, the gun could never be used again?

I was thinking that was just a bad translation. I think it was 6 shots and then had to do the normal recharge, which is what appeared to happen in the original cut of the movie.