Haha. As a former US Coast Guard and US Army service member I'll have to disagree with you big time there!

Maybe I just didn't get to go the places where you'd see it. Though I did know this girl in tech school, who was still hot as hell wearing cammies and BCG's.

Just finished watching the series again, still great the third time through...

It's like that. I've lost count of how many times I've watched individual episodes while working on the episode commentaries, but my enjoyment of them doesn't wane one iota. Which is saying something considering how many times I've watched Episode 14 in the past few weeks.

Just finished watching the series again, still great the third time through...

It's one of the few series that I've actually felt like revisiting, long after the newness has worn off..

It's one of the few series that I've actually felt like revisiting, long after the newness has worn off..

I really need to get of my butt and watch it. :lol: I've had the Blu-Ray's for months now and haven't started. My plan was to watch the series at the same time I was going to build the Bandai 1:500 kit. Timing just hasn't worked.

Watch it! My favorite Anime since Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Better then Macross:Frontier (for me, but I am a Yamato convert to Anime to begin with).

Awesome news on series 2. Can not wait to see the fleet battles from that series done in modern techniques.

Finally on the show itself, I had forgotten a number of things from near the end of the show that tied in so well with the Ark of the Stars movie.

I really need to get of my butt and watch it. :lol: I've had the Blu-Ray's for months now and haven't started. My plan was to watch the series at the same time I was going to build the Bandai 1:500 kit. Timing just hasn't worked.

You haven't seen the series at all?

DUDE!

Yeh....it's quite a bit of splurging! LOL! No, I haven't watched the series yet, like I said, I wanted to make it an occasion by simultaneously building the big Yamato kit. Ive waited this long...

I envy your ability to multitask. I cannot watch a subbed show and do anything else or I get lost.

Are you looking to buy the blu Rays? I'd say they're worth splurging on as they're that good...

Neither have I. How would I go about it?

Amazon Japan is probably your best bet, price-wise. CD Japan is another option, but they charge full retail where Amazon discounts considerably.

Still, while it's a substantial investment (actually by Japanese standards it's pretty good value for money), I'd recommend getting 2199 and the movie Odyssey of the Celestial Ark (which many of us refer to as Ark of the Stars). There's not much point buying A Voyage to Remember though unless you're a completist, as it's only a compilation of the first 24 episodes.

If you buy the Blu-Rays, you'll get to the end of the first volume and completely forget about what you paid for them. Plus, you'll be contributing to the production of the next series, which is currently in preproduction.

So, I have to ask, out of those of the posters here who aren't already in Japan, who'd seriously consider going to Japan to see one of the chapter releases?

You could grab the entire TV series BD (with slipcovers) for 27,000JPY on Mandarake: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1029598543&ref=list

That's a fantastic catch, assuming all the discs themselves are in good condition. I saw a few volumes with the cinema release storyboard books in the Shibuya store last December the night before the movie opened.

So, I have to ask, out of those of the posters here who aren't already in Japan, who'd seriously consider going to Japan to see one of the chapter releases?

If I were going to Japan I would try and catch the show at a theater - even though I do not speak a lick of Japanese. Other than that, I can barely eek out the funds to buy the disks as is.

If I were going to Japan I would try and catch the show at a theater - even though I do not speak a lick of Japanese. Other than that, I can barely eek out the funds to buy the disks as is.

Hehe, watching non-subbed or dubbed anime on bootleg VHS takes me back to the 1980s :) Kids these days don't know how good they got it.

Hehe, watching non-subbed or dubbed anime on bootleg VHS takes me back to the 1980s :) Kids these days don't know how good they got it.

Not sure if it is in reference to me but I have two adult offspring (nearly wrote children) in college - which is a major part of the reason I have fewer funds for entertainment then I would like.

Not sure if it is in reference to me but I have two adult offspring (nearly wrote children) in college - which is a major part of the reason I have fewer funds for entertainment then I would like.

He was talking about watching movies raw in Japanede theatres.

It's like that. I've lost count of how many times I've watched individual episodes while working on the episode commentaries, but my enjoyment of them doesn't wane one iota. Which is saying something considering how many times I've watched Episode 14 in the past few weeks.

The Cosmo DNA website was updated.

http://www.ourstarblazers.com/

So does the commentaries on the anime for 2199 Episode 14, too. :)

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/037a/

And cough,cough, those of the manga were added this time. B))

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/038a/

Edited by antibiotictab

The Cosmo DNA website was updated.

http://www.ourstarblazers.com/

So does the commentaries on the anime for 2199 Episode 14, too. :)

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/037a/

And cough,cough, those of the manga was added this time. B))

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/038a/

The authors are extremely grateful to the person who provided translation on that, it helped the commentary a lot.

Also, the final travelogue chapter is up as well.

Also, the final travelogue chapter is up as well.

I enjoyed reading it. Already 8 months ago. Time flies.

TBH, I and Tim have the perfectly translated texts of the dream sequences. But I won't reveal it.

I enjoyed reading it. Already 8 months ago. Time flies.

Yes, yes it does. But before we know it, we could be meeting up in Tokyo for the first chapter of the Yamato 2 remake, seeing as how quickly we've gotten here from the Ark opening day, it won't feel long for another 12-18 months to pass which is when they're expecting the first chapter to be out.

Yes, yes it does. But before we know it, we could be meeting up in Tokyo for the first chapter of the Yamato 2 remake, seeing as how quickly we've gotten here from the Ark opening day, it won't feel long for another 12-18 months to pass which is when they're expecting the first chapter to be out.

I will welcome you again if you will come to Japan. :)

I wish I can see westfall, too. But as you know, there are no direct flight from Lisbon to Tokyo. He has to transit at CDG or FRA and it's gonna be a long flight.

Edited by antibiotictab

I will welcome you again if you will come to Japan. :)

I wish I can see westfall, too. But as you know, there are no direct flight from Lisbon to Tokyo. He have to transit at CDG or FRA and it's gonna be a long flight.

Yes, nearly 17 hours' flight time plus whatever stopover time there is... but I think he'd relish the opportunity nonetheless.

Tim will get a earfull for that, then... XDDD

Tim may think about the copyright or something like that. :)

C×3 Hobby is being held in Makuhari and some battleship models of MegaHouse are exhibited.

Some pics from Amiblo. http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo

11934952_1162736447075600_71277373462708

11898803_1162736493742262_18123532776844

11949509_1162736497075595_63637656492010

11218224_1162736443742267_49856712254564

I guess I missed the boat.....pun intended, on this awesome little line of ships from MegaHouse. Picked up the Yamato off the For Sale thread here. Now I want more! Mainly the Deslock ship...that's more pricey though and only on Evilbay. Anyone have a list of what's actually been released?

post-11393-0-26189600-1440367955_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-16586200-1440367976_thumb.jpg

I guess I missed the boat.....pun intended, on this awesome little line of ships from MegaHouse. Picked up the Yamato off the For Sale thread here. Now I want more! Mainly the Deslock ship...that's more pricey though and only on Evilbay. Anyone have a list of what's actually been released?

Here's a list from HobbySearch. It's a mix of Yamato, Gundams, and Super Sentai ships. Hope that helps. :)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=111&cat=mecha&sold=0&state=0&sortid=0&target=series&searchkey=Cosmo+Fleet+Collection&spage=1