Yamato 2199 - A Voyage to Remember is a compilation film so its not meant to be a cinematic masterpiece in terms of plot. If you want that watch the series. This is meant as a primer for those who haven't seen the series yet but want to get the jist of it before watching Ark of the Stars. The fact the movie ends as Yamato leaves Iscandar (with the rest of the voyage as an in credits montage) is not innocent, as it leads right in to the part of the story where Ark takes place. All in all, though the plot is striped to a minimum, the eye candy still makes it a good view. Even if just to spot those new cuts that were added. :D Believe me, i've seen movies that are a lot worse, even not being compilations. If you want a sci-fi movie with plot... stick to Interstellar or just power-watch the series. It only takes 10 hours to watch. :D

Edited by westfall

I'm passing on both the 2199 compilation movie and MegaHouse's first release of Yurisha. At the moment, there are too many other things competing for my play-time money and I cannot justify fitting either of these into the budget. And I'm just guessing, but I believe an accurate version of Yurisha will be released by MH or some other company. I'll wait for that one.

They got Yurisha's face and ditzy personality down with that "finger to the face" pose, so my personal criteria are met. Besides; if I wanted a truly accurate Yurisha I'd head to Iscandar...

They got Yurisha's face and ditzy personality down with that "finger to the face" pose, so my personal criteria are met. Besides; if I wanted a truly accurate Yurisha I'd head to Iscandar...

Hm. Ditzy is not a word I would use to describe Yurisha's personality. I guess that is the difference here. In my personal mythology 2199 improves on the old series, which had only two Iscandar sisters with very basic characterizations: Starsha and Sasha. In 2199, Sasha's original role is split among two characters. And I thought Yurisha was more of the intelligent alien. A Klaatu-like pragmatist foil to Starsha's political idealist, especially when it came to giving humans access to advanced technology.

I'm glad you like the figure, though. It's not my style and does not fit with my personal criteria.

Edited by technoblue

Hm. Ditzy is not a word I would use to describe Yurisha's personality. I guess that is the difference here. In my personal mythology 2199 improves on the old series, which had only two Iscandar sisters with very basic characterizations: Starsha and Sasha. In 2199, Sasha's original role is split among two characters. And I thought Yurisha was more of the intelligent alien. A Klaatu-like pragmatist foil to Starsha's political idealist, especially when it came to giving humans access to advanced technology.

I'm glad you like the figure, though. It's not my style and does not fit with my personal criteria.

Maybe "aloof" would be better? I dunno she struck me as being an airhead but very cute in doing so.

Anyway, I found my new 2199 dream girl Saijo Miki's figure; I can't WAIT for her to get here!

I really what to start getting the 2199 Blurays which version should I be getting. I am worried if I get the Star Blazers version I might have to buy the later Japanese versions anyway to get the remainder.

Your choice is simple: the Star Blazers run of blu rays have effectively been canceled, so your only other choice is the Japanese stuff...

Other than possibly a bit darker golden yellow (camera/lighting trick), don't really spot any obvious difference from the original run.

Maybe just a re-release? Maybe it'll now come with that framed picture now?

:huh:

A picture would be a nice incentive. It would also be very cool if reissue Yuki included the add-ons from previous releases, a saluting arm and a hand-on-hip arm. But even if it's just a basic reissue, I could see this being good for those who want a nice figure of Yuki in her traditional yellow/black uniform.

Maybe "aloof" would be better? I dunno she struck me as being an airhead but very cute in doing so.

Anyway, I found my new 2199 dream girl Saijo Miki's figure; I can't WAIT for her to get here!

Aloof is a great description.

Re-release would be good - I missed out on 1st edition Yuki

She just went up for preordering at ami:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-009143

Yeah.

Re-release with bonus L-size pic. Uniform's a bit darker in the Ami page, tho.

2/15 release-schedule.

Like Yurisha's and the Arcadia VF-0D...

Edited by treatment

my GOD man....you certainly have restraint! :lol:

Lol not at all. It's just that none of the designs outside of DYRL/SDF, 'Plus or 'Zero interest me. Believe me I've spent quite a bit elsewhere...