Finally put together the 1/1000 Yamato 2199 I got from a previous sale at ami. It's actually a very nice kit. Lots of parts to eat up some leisure time and stuff.

Unfortunately, some of the parts are really tiny (prolly around 3mm to 5mm). And obnoxiously thin and delicate. These obnoxious parts are specifically the AA guns/turrets. I managed to break a few with the slightest incidental/accidental touch of a qtip, and lost a couple or so after either snipping it off the runner or jumping out while installing. Drove me nuts.

As some of you know already, this kit also includes a bonus Gamilas Tri-Deck mini-kit. That requires glue. Painting optional, tho.

Here's a pic with the Chogokin GX-64 and a banana...

cGnKZ6Gl.jpg

I used gm metallic-green on the clear bridge, as well as on the gray side observation decks. Just to be somewhat consistent with the gx-64.

It's ok, but I wasn't satisfied with my build due entirely to the obnoxious AA turrets that got bent/broken/lost, so I'm gonna get me another one to do a better build. This one might end up being experimented on (paint? LED? motor? etc, etc).

edit:

Also forgot to mention a nice kewl feature of this kit was that unlike the GX-64, each of the turrets of the three main cannons actually move up and down a bit when you rotate the main cannons, so try not to glue 'em. :D

Edited by treatment

nice build. how did you go about fixing the turrets?

amusing you chose a banana for scale. during my last trip to Japan the chef at an udon place proudly showed me a banana that was nearly the size of his arm and definitely bigger than my GX-64 :D

Them AA turret-"barrel" were precision-moulded plastic, but very delicate. Just about 2mm in length and about just a dot thin.

I tried to just straighten them out with the xacto blade carefully. Some were ok, but others just broke off at the touch. :(

Oh, well. Just considering them as battle-damaged. :D

edit:

attached pic of the obnoxious broken turret

post-263-0-35816700-1415129276_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

I think those proportions are closer to Super Sonico than the Yurisha we saw in the series, but dammnn it looks enticing. 9000 yen, right?

Mm. I think you are right, Marzan. To me, it seems that this Yurisha has similar proportions to Flight-Suit Yuki who is scheduled to land in December.

Well... The Figurearts Zero line has my attention now. I like that Bandai is introducing more variety---variety that I thought we were going to get from MegaHouse when Okita was released. Instead, we have Rei clones (that made me laugh, UN Spacy), and each one is arriving with more exaggerated features.

I think I'll pass on this Yurisha release. One time off the rails with Flight Suit Yuki was enough for me.

I think those proportions are closer to Super Sonico than the Yurisha we saw in the series, but dammnn it looks enticing. 9000 yen, right?

As an expert on the subject I can safely say that while she does have excellent breasts and a great ass, she doesn't hold a candle to Sonico for pure size.

from http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229774&page=1#pid7362886

and (bandai premium shop): http://p-bandai.jp/megatreshop/item-1000094350/

1/8 (220mm)

msrp: 10648y (tax included?)

release-date: 3/15

preorder opens: 11/7/14

not sure if ami or other retailers will offer her, tho.

post-263-0-42353500-1415323134_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-66262900-1415323150_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-96270700-1415323157_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Watch this.

From 19:22, more than 200 Yamato related items.

And one of the big Star Blazers fans, Daniel George arrived at Tokyo last night.

He will stay in Japan for about 1 month and watch the premier of the Yamato movie.

Hey guys! Sorry, I'm WAY late to the AWESOMENESS that is 2199. :wub: How many volumes are out? I ordered the1st volume of "Star Blazers 2199" off Amazon after re-watching the original 2 series off Amazon streaming. I was totally blown away!!! :o I just now ordered the next two. At $50 each though --OUCH! Do the plan to do The Comet Empire series as well??? Sorry, I don't have time to dig through 75 pages of thread right now. :wacko:

Hey guys! Sorry, I'm WAY late to the AWESOMENESS that is 2199. :wub: How many volumes are out? I ordered the1st volume of "Star Blazers 2199" off Amazon after re-watching the original 2 series off Amazon streaming. I was totally blown away!!! :o I just now ordered the next two. At $50 each though --OUCH! Do the plan to do The Comet Empire series as well??? Sorry, I don't have time to dig through 75 pages of thread right now. :wacko:

If you want to get the whole show, then look for a good deal on the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Blu-ray discs. There are seven volumes for the series plus one compilation movie available today. A second film is set to debut in Japan in December.

I think the StarBlazers 2199 release is on hiatus at the moment. There was some discussion on this a page or so back in the thread.

Still don't know yet. There is a 2199 movie coming out soon that takes place during the trip back to Earth that will feature Gatlantis (the Comet Empire). Hopefully, it will be a prelude to series 2.

As for 2199 itself, there are 7 volumes for the Japanese Blu-Ray release. I don't think they finished the starblazers releases though. The Jp blurays do have English subs that are very good.

Chris

Yes, Starblazers 2199 is sharing a room in the hotel of stagnation along with Shadow Chronicles, so you're left with the Japanese blu rays, or other means...

Cool! Thanks guys. I'll keep a lookout. Gonna try not to powerwatch volumes 2 and 3 and take my time and savor them.... :rolleyes:

Hey, you're welcome! :) The more the merrier, as the saying goes.

I couldn't hold back powerwatching (nice) during the release in 2013, but once you have the whole series you can watch it again.

(edited because...time)

Edited by technoblue

$$$ being the first reason... LOL, the second being I will be starting my 1:500 Yamato kit at some point soon and would kind of like to build the model as I watch the new series

I totally get that. I remember building my first Galaxy Class Enterprise while watching The Next Generation. I remember painting panel after panel to complete the Aztec design on the hull as Picard and Data droned on and on about their take on humanity. Good times for sure, even though it felt like an eternity...

I totally get that. I remember building my first Galaxy Class Enterprise while watching The Next Generation. I remember painting panel after panel to complete the Aztec design on the hull as Picard and Data droned on and on about their take on humanity. Good times for sure, even though it felt like an eternity...

Nice!!!

Got a preorder with AmiAmi for Yurisha, inaccuracies be damned. As for the movie, it got such bad marks that we here are passing on it for the most part...