If you are more used to newer anime then 2199 is as good of a place to start as any. Start at chapter 1. Soon we will get chapter 5.

The japanese blurays are region free and have english subs

There will be 7 chapters in total. If you want something to watch once you've caught up and are waiting for the next chapter, maybe try the original movie versions.

Thank you!.

Looks like pretty heavy duty shields being used by the Yamato. Anybody notice that? They HAD to do it though, if they were were going to realistically portray the ship surviving such a massive confrontation......

It is the wave motion bulwark; 波動防壁. It probably uses the wave motion power assuming from its name. I translate the original word directly into English, sorry if the terminology is different from the subbed one.

It has already been used when Yamato shot down the long range missile in the earth. So Sanada-san said "release the wave motion bulwark" in Chapter 1.

Just like the SWAG Energy Converting Armor from the Macross technologies? But Yamato seems to have more powerful one.

And a similar technology also appears in Gundam Seed.

Edited by antibiotictab

It is the wave motion bulwark; 波動防壁. It probably uses the wave motion power assuming from its name. I translate the original word directly into English, sorry if the terminology is different from the subbed one.

It has already been used when Yamato shot down the long range missile in the earth. So Sanada-san said "release the wave motion bulwark" in Chapter 1.

Just like the SWAG Energy Converting Armor from the Macross technologies? But Yamato seems to have more powerful one.

And a similar technology also appears in Gundam Seed.

Yeah, I think that they also mentioned the shields when they were being pounded on Pluto and when they fired the Wave Motion gun. LIke I said though, it's the only plausible way that the ship can survive such encounters.

Is it me though, or does it look like some Gamilon ships are flying in formation with the Yamato?

Is it me though, or does it look like some Gamilon ships are flying in formation with the Yamato?

Yeah, the falling outs have been occurring in the both sides. We can understand it from the words.

Shima says, "we suspend the Yamato project from now on because the chances of this one are extremely low."

And Yabu and the others are holding their guns. They betrayed the crew members in the original Yamato, too. But in 2199, Shima also?

On the other hand, Hiss said,"Fuehrer Dessler was assassinated!" And Gimmler(?) regarded someone as a suspect.

Disruption, may be.

Edited by antibiotictab

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. Chapter 5's trailer is here, with a bang. A MASSIVE BANG!!!

'Wes, thanks for sharing that...

Yeah, I think that they also mentioned the shields when they were being pounded on Pluto and when they fired the Wave Motion gun. LIke I said though, it's the only plausible way that the ship can survive such encounters.

You know, I figured this is how they're going to "realistically" portray the Yamato's war aand eventual victory gainst the might of the Gamilan forces: with the help of disenfranchised Gamilan fighting units...

So, here are my UN fleet set 1 and Yamato. I have another Yamato on order when it is rereleased (I want to try again). Pictures kind of suck, especially the Yamato ones, as it's hard to see the subtle weathering. I want to make a base that will display all the ships together, but haven't got around to it yet. I'm hoping the rerelease of the Yamato will include the decals for Yamato that came with the fleet set. Next up are the Garmilas fleet set and the Cosmo Zero.

2013-03-07_14-49-22_885_zps4484ef4b.jpg

Chris

Where did you get those marking decals?! Mine didn't come with those.

-Kyp

Where's anime52k8 with that "dat ass" meme? Well, I guess that 2199 picture could supersede it.

Were there any more appearances of the fat chick from episode 7?

Edited by myk

And as for this ridiculous debate the crew of the Yamato are having with each other over who shot first in the war between Gamilon and Earth, we all know the answer to that, too.....

han-solo-greedo.jpg

^^^Let's just keep 'ol Georgie away from 2199, lol.

In any case, just watched episode 11 and all I can say is "wow." The animation, the more intricate story, the development of the characters, the ever-increasing sinister subplots, the animation, the music score, and..........good Lord the GIRLS of 2199; I haven't been this blown away since I first saw 'Plus back in the day.

What was the title of the ending song in episode 11? Beautiful, beautiful piece of work this anime is...

The end song for episodes 11 to 14 is "Kioku no Hikari" (Light of Memories) by KOKIA.

About that Han Solo picture and the ass shots, i actually made 2 meme-esque jokes with those back in January, guess i didn't post them here... XD

309911_490457427662772_1817205363_n.jpg

422306_484407411601107_90719196_n.jpg

Edited by westfall

The end song for episodes 11 to 14 is "Kioku no Hikari" (Light of Memories) by KOKIA.

About that Han Solo picture and the ass shots, i actually made 2 meme-esque jokes with those back in January, guess i didn't post them here... XD

Good stuff, lol!

Yeah...I paused that scene too....DAT ASS.

Dude. I'm all about fan service even though I'm old enough to be annoyed by it, but c'mon. She climbs up the ladder, swings that ass around so wide she probably knocked the camera guy backwards, then comes around, swings "dat ass" in front of Kodai, then does the faintest, slightest hint of a wiggle and a jiggle and then plops down onto the edge of the cockpit. I mean, seriously? :rolleyes::rolleyes::o:o:wub:

anyone know where to get Mr.Color Yamato custom paints? they've released a new set for the Cosmo Zero and i still haven't found any sources for the previous paint sets

75218.JPG75219.JPG

i'm also still looking for the Cosmo Falcon decal set released by Yamatocrew. if anyone wants to sell or knows where to get some, please PM me. thanks

oh, and more Yuki

2199manga1116.JPG

Dude. I'm all about fan service even though I'm old enough to be annoyed by it, but c'mon. She climbs up the ladder, swings that ass around so wide she probably knocked the camera guy backwards, then comes around, swings "dat ass" in front of Kodai, then does the faintest, slightest hint of a wiggle and a jiggle and then plops down onto the edge of the cockpit. I mean, seriously? :rolleyes::rolleyes::o:o:wub:

I've got no idea who the pilot chick even is, (yet to watch the show) but I'm way more interested in this figure of her than the one of Yuki. I think it's the hair, girls with short hair are extra sexy IMO.

I've got no idea who the pilot chick even is, (yet to watch the show) but I'm way more interested in this figure of her than the one of Yuki. I think it's the hair, girls with short hair are extra sexy IMO.

You know, hopefully they'll make a version of her BEFORE she chopped her hair off like Starbuck did in the new BSG. This way both of us can be happy, lol...

The next figure in Megahouse's Yamato Girl Collection is.....Hilde?! :mellow:

That doesnt really surprise me. Hilde is crazy popular among Y2199 fans. Any merch at the cinema with her on it consistantly sells out before anything else.

oh, and more Yuki

The foldout from the latest Newtype Ace has an awesome mini-poster of Yamamoto too :)

Also, (PLUG!) I recommend this conversation between Izubuchi and Anno that *someone* (:cough*cough*) wrote. ^_^

http://www.ourstarblazers.com/754_Yamatalk4/index.html

so while i'm desperately trying to find a source/seller for the Cosmo Falcon decal sheet, i came across this amazing build:

IMG_4674.jpg

http://arasukakobo.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-153.html

unfortunately, i've been far less successful tracking down the decal sheet. i know it's hard to compete for your attention amidst the Yuki butt shots :p , but really appreciate any leads on this decal, or perhaps point me to a shop/service or someone who can print white on clear decal.

11141042_50a3598421d8c.jpg

Hey Wes, I figured I could find that posted on youtube but I got some dude in a furry jacket singing something else-you sure about the artist?

BTW that whole bit with the dimensional submarine was frakking BRILLIANT, down to the character design of the crew...

Edited by myk