#INFUSION MACROSS ZERO EPS 3

spykes

Got a screen shot?

A screen shot of the hieroglyphic writing or the incorrect sub at the end of the movie? As for the hieroglyphic writing, just keep an eye on the very beginning of the show and at the end of the show after they show the Macross Zero Logo, you will find the subs are at the wrong places.

I can't provide any screen shots because the screen capturing tool I have can only capture the movie frames if they are overlaid using directX. My player doesn't use direct X for overlaying the images, so I can't capture the images.

Edited by MacrossX

Ok, I just used my cheap web cam to take the images for you instead.

I recognise the writing on some of my older Macross models , protoculture related?

That looks like one of the Zentradi fonts. It's probably the katakana for the credits in Zentradi.

just finish downloading the ep, boy it took over 2 hours.. but it was worth it. Didn't check it out yet (saw the raw), just glanced through and notice how well the sub was, too sleepy,, moving lumber all day. :angry: freaking 6x12 Pts .

Oh, I pretty much just use FFDshow and the ac3 filter. Any player seem to play them find. There's also Ogg, vobsub, but you don't need them for this file.

Thanks,,. :D:D

Ok, I just used my cheap web cam to take the images for you instead.

I recognise the writing on some of my older Macross models , protoculture related?

That says Firebrand in zentradi ^^ and we used after effects for those ^^

see how much we love the anime hahha

j/k

yeah Im gald allt he fans enjoyed it seems like all my hardwork paied off

btw,  props to Spykes and the Infusion group for a really good subtitling effort (font-size/typeface/positioning/color).  Very professional.

True that!

I for one think you guys have outdone yourselves. Your Macross Zero Vol. 2 release blew the ANBU/AONE release out of the water and thanks to the SUPERB quality of Vol. 3 I'm not even going to waste my bandwidth on any other Fansubber's releases.

Thanks Spike, and the rest of your crew.

thanks for the props yo wish up mad luck on eps 4 ... BTW i asked the translator he said the ending titles were right .... that or our after effects guy messedup but all wells. it's all good ^^

der the signs were t/l right but the typesetter put them int eh wrong places lol all well.

look foward to a rredone eps 1 and 3 soon ^^

Edited by spykes

Maybe somebody with a full file could upload it to Kazaa? Maybe? hint hint  :p

I think you are going to be waiting for a while... Just download Bittorrent. Kazza = spyware = crap.

I did I can't get it to work, but Kaazaa lite works fine, and I can get Eps 1 and 2 to work

btw,  props to Spykes and the Infusion group for a really good subtitling effort (font-size/typeface/positioning/color).  Very professional.

True that!

I for one think you guys have outdone yourselves. Your Macross Zero Vol. 2 release blew the ANBU/AONE release out of the water and thanks to the SUPERB quality of Vol. 3 I'm not even going to waste my bandwidth on any other Fansubber's releases.

Thanks Spike, and the rest of your crew.

thanks for the props yo wish up mad luck on eps 4 ... BTW i asked the translator he said the ending titles were right .... that or our after effects guy messedup but all wells. it's all good ^^

der the signs were t/l right but the typesetter put them int eh wrong places lol all well.

look foward to a rredone eps 1 and 3 soon ^^

Might wanna change some of the goofy wording from ep2 as well. In my 22 years on this earth (23 shortly), I can honestly say I've never heard anyone say "half-dead prick".

ok major agent, if macrossx's posts arent the whole reason that editing posts is a good idea, then i dont know what it. the dude has like 50 posts in a row, all of which could have been added on to the last.

by the way, no offense macrossx, this is from a dicussion that happened before you got here, dont sweat it.

Funny that these guys took all of 3 days to get the damn thing out. Looks like other groups are actaully TAKING their time instead of rushing it out. Wait on a better group!

That was uncalled for and disrespectful considering who started this thread. The subs were clear and understandable. There were no obvious flaws in Macross terminology. The people who did this obviously knew Macross well enough to avoid the usual pitfalls.

vinnie

How great does a fansub have to be? Anyone see a line that was made up compared to what you heard?

Do the ASS subs of Macross 7 count?

heh yeah, but that's are the only way I have to watch Macross 7 right now until I get the DVDs. :( By the time AiA gets their's done, I might not need it anymore. It's true the subtitles are made up and badly timed and the encoding is very poor. That's a case where you could get a better fansub, when there are technical glitches that keep you from enjoying the show or simple Japanese phrases that are subtitled with something else completely.

Funny that these guys took all of 3 days to get the damn thing out.  Looks like other groups are actaully TAKING their time instead of rushing it out. Wait on a better group!

That was uncalled for and disrespectful considering who started this thread. The subs were clear and understandable. There were no obvious flaws in Macross terminology. The people who did this obviously knew Macross well enough to avoid the usual pitfalls.

vinnie

thank you for being repectful ^^ i dont have any problems with competionion the thing was reason why we was faster was cause we didnt go to sleep just worked 24 hrs for 3 days straight. So we kinda got it out.

Finally bit the bullet last night and decided to try my hand at this bittorrent and downloading malarky.

Bear in mind I'm not really a techie person and I'm only just about computer literate (at least I know where the on switch is B)) ).

Anyway, I managed to find the BT site, I think(?) and download the software. I then found and downloaded Zero ep # 3, which took about 4-5 hours even though I have broadband. It downloaded as an .avi file, is that correct?

Anyway, when I tried to play it this morning using Quicktime, I just got a white screen with no sound. When I tried RealOnePlayer it said I needed to download some more software and Windows Media Player told me I needed a new codec (whatever that is), sounds like a type of cold medicine!

Unfortunately, my broadband modem was playing up this morning, so I couldn't download the upgrades, plus I had to rush off to work.

Is there anything a complete newbie like me needs to know about getting the episode to play?

Graham

Might have to download the AC3 codec. Its linked on the first page. Even with that installed I had trouble getting it to play on anything other then the Divx player which can be got at http://www.divx.com/. It comes with other codecs and also the player which is nice. I use this most of the time to watch .avi files, that and sometimes Real Player and once in a while which is rare, Windows Media Player.

Edited by Effect

ok major agent,  if macrossx's posts arent the whole reason that editing posts is a good idea, then i dont know what it.  the dude has like 50 posts in a row,  all of which could have been added on to the last.

by the way, no offense macrossx, this is from a dicussion that happened before you got here,  dont sweat it.

It is amazing to see there are a few concentrating on my posts regarding the formats or style like they have not been done here before. I have observed how others posted their messages and they didn't seem to bother anyone. For some reasons, my posts managed to distinguish themselves from others with similiar styles and mine got noticed.

I was counting the number of times I had posted for that one page, there are much less than 50 in a row as you mentioned. Many here have posted hundreds if not thousands of posts, they don't seem to bother anyone. Would I make a difference if I had spread out my messages instead of "in a row"? Would it make you happy if I combined those three pictures into one and posted it as one message!? The number of posts in a row would then be reduced by 2. Why would "editing" be related to the number of posts in a row?

I don't come on often and only because I had a few free moments the past few days did I come on and responded to people who had been so "interested" in my posts which are nothing new to this board regarding format and style.

This is a message board. There will be a lot of messages when someone has something to say. If they are not from me, they will be from someone else.

I don't know why people are whining about this when there are other real problems that matter. I don't see people whining about why there are people living on the streets, or why senior people are not taken care of , or why Medicare is so expensive!

Edited by MacrossX

Finally bit the bullet last night and decided to try my hand at this bittorrent and downloading malarky.

Bear in mind I'm not really a techie person and I'm only just about computer literate (at least I know where the on switch is B)) ).

Anyway, I managed to find the BT site, I think(?) and download the software. I then found and downloaded Zero ep # 3, which took about 4-5 hours even though I have broadband. It downloaded as an .avi file, is that correct?

Anyway, when I tried to play it this morning using Quicktime, I just got a white screen with no sound. When I tried RealOnePlayer it said I needed to download some more software and Windows Media Player told me I needed a new codec (whatever that is), sounds like a type of cold medicine!

Unfortunately, my broadband modem was playing up this morning, so I couldn't download the upgrades, plus I had to rush off to work.

Is there anything a complete newbie like me needs to know about getting the episode to play?

Graham

This is the necessary video-codecs: http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

That's the one without the ads/nagware. Do not install the player since it really sucks. Just install the video-codec.

If you don't have any audio/sound, here's the AC3 audio-codec: http://www.anime-infusion.org/ac3filter.DW.Dolby2.exe

Either or both shouldn't need a Computer Restart.

Besides RealPlayer and QuickTime, Windows MediaPlayer and WinAmp-2 are both good players for this fansub. So does PowerDVD and WinDVD dvd-plaers, if you have them installed.

Fwiw, it took me about 12 hours to dl the episode.

Funny that these guys took all of 3 days to get the damn thing out. Looks like other groups are actaully TAKING their time instead of rushing it out. Wait on a better group!

Three days was actually fast and considering the high-quality of the fansub (correct grammar structure, timing, spelling, fonts, etc, etc), it really is an amazing fansubbing-feat.

I don't think any other group can top nor touch the subtitling effort Infusion did on this episode.

Infusion should really be contracted by the Region-1 companies to do official subtitling.

fansub looked good, although i think some of the beginning got chopped off. if that was discussed already, sorry, but i didn't read the first 7 pages. :p

but all in all, very good! no obvious Engrish mistakes or anything. very good quality file too.

as for Macross Zero itself... i think it's going great, with the exception that i don't think the CG and 2D animation is blending together as seemlessly as i would have liked. of course, i'm a big anti-CG guy, so that may just be me. :p

can't wait for ep 4! although i probably will have to... for another year at this rate! ;)