#INFUSION MACROSS ZERO EPS 3

spykes

Yea, but I've had downloads which ended up corrupt at some point during download. I've installed every codec I can think of, tried different players, and messed with every setting that came to mind. The download, thanks to our unreliable cable connection, was terminated several times during the night as well.

If you have a better idea, PLEASE feel free to indulge...  ;)

Oh, in that case, I can only suggest re-downloading the file. I know Bittorrent can resume if you press the CANCEL button during download, I am not sure if you can resume if the file is corrupted due to disconnection. I know there are some utilities that might be able to recover corrupted DivX files but I don't know how reliable they are.

Edited by MacrossX

:angry: Nope, nothing. Quicktime won't even open it..... augh... redownload I guess...

Hehe, I've had no luck with computers this week... just suffered a near fatal harddrive failure. I'm not sure HOW this laptop is still operable.

I don't think Quicktime can play DivX avi files. It will play mp4 and regular avi files however.

I'm running Quicktime under Mac OS X and I can play the file fine with Quicktime Player. (The only problem is when I try to use the "reverse" button, QT Player quits.) Here's the secret, at least if you have a similar setup. Might apply to other setups as well.

To get the video to work, you must install the 3ivX component. It's available at http://www.3ivx.com/download/ I was using version 4.0.4 which worked; now I've updated to 4.5 and that also works. Note that DivX Doctor II is recommended (also available from the same page) and DivX Doctor II in turn recommends some other stuff. I don't know if any of those are required, but they probably can't hurt. (I'm not sure which of those other things I have installed.)

You should also install the DivX component at http://www.divx.com/divx/mac/ (look elsewhere on the site for other platforms) to make the following item work. It might help in other ways, too.

For the audio, I'm using the plugin available at http://www.insaneness.com/ac3.html

If for some reason you can't get the audio codec to work, you could use DivX Doctor II to rip out the audio, then convert it with mAC3dec to AIFF, and finally run it simultaneously with the video in another window. With a little fiddling you can get it to synch. Primitive, but it works.

In general, http://www.mpegx.com/index.php is an excellent source for the latest video and audio software. (But I don't think they have a link to the Mac AC3 codec.)

Edited by ewilen

...still nothing....

WMP doesn't even KNOW the format..... this is immensely frustrating..... Should I just re-download it?

Havent anyone heard of FFDSHOW here?! , or NIMO CODEC PACK?! , omg people! . www.google.com , search for FFDSHOW and d/load , search for NIMO CODEC PACK and find version 5 build 9 , that WILL work!.

//Dano..

Maybe somebody with a full file could upload it to Kazaa? Maybe? hint hint :p

I think you are going to be waiting for a while... Just download Bittorrent. Kazza = spyware = crap.

That was Amazing!

Like Return of the King but early and with Mecha.:-D

And the story too... I think Macross is finally growing up and becoming something you could show a non-anime fan; solid, like a Miyazaki film (well, at least visually).

Infusion, You guys are brilliant!

Its now on Edonkey and my Bittorrent is still open.

LEACH MY BANDWIDTH!

I SAID LEACH MY BANDWIDTH PEOPLE!

BTW, If you are having trouble playing the file, get the K-Lite Codec Pack Here and install it. It includes a media player as well. Hope that works.

Edited by Achilles2ca

yeah, you need to download each codec individually, but the only format it really matters for is .ogg

at least that is the only one that gave me problems. took me a week to be able to watch my zhentarim encoded first gundam, only to find out that it was (shudder) ENGLISH ONLY!!!! funk that, BUHleted!!!

Are those "alien" hieroglyphics (protoculture language?) the true representation of the words in the credit or they are just there because they look good? Just curious.

Hmm, I didn't see any "alien" hieroglyphics in the end credits (I assume that's what you mean). I did see some Korean names mentioned in the credits. There was also the song lyrics in the subtitles for the closing the song in Japanese, Romaji and English. No "alien" looking language though.

Almost finished downloading, woohoo!

Oh btw, for those of you who are having trouble getting a fast speed,

do remember to open up certain ports for Bittorrent.

The standard and experimental clients use ports: #6881 thru 6889.

Make sure you open these ports (via port forwarding on your router or thru

your firewall), it should speed things up considerably.

For those of you who want one of the fastest versions of the experimental

bittorrent, go download Degreez's version at

Degreez's site

His version uses ports #6881 - 6999. Its super fast as I get pretty much

maximum downloading speed all the time.

Also when using experimental bittorrent clients, you can lower the amount

of bandwidth that you're uploading.

Are those "alien" hieroglyphics (protoculture language?) the true representation of the words in the credit or they are just there because they look good? Just curious.

Hmm, I didn't see any "alien" hieroglyphics in the end credits (I assume that's what you mean). I did see some Korean names mentioned in the credits. There was also the song lyrics in the subtitles for the closing the song in Japanese, Romaji and English. No "alien" looking language though.

It is at the beginning when the movie starts, "infusion" has put their credits there including who the translator was , etc. You will see some hierglyphic writing just under the English names.

At the endof the movie, the translation was on the wrong frame I think. (See my previous post on this thread).

I'm running Quicktime under Mac OS X and I can play the file fine with Quicktime Player. (The only problem is when I try to use the "reverse" button, QT Player quits.) Here's the secret, at least if you have a similar setup. Might apply to other setups as well.

Oh I am just saying Quicktime doesn't play DivX on my Windows system. I don't know anything about the MAC version of Quicktime. I guess you can make it work since the player just has to find the correct codec just like Windows media player.

Edited by MacrossX

It is at the beginning when the movie starts, "infusion" has put their credits there including who the translator was , etc. You will see some hierglyphic writing just under the English names.

At the endof the movie, the translation was on the wrong frame I think. (See my previous post on this thread).

Got a screen shot?

yeah, you need to download each codec individually, but the only format it really matters for is .ogg

at least that is the only one that gave me problems. took me a week to be able to watch my zhentarim encoded first gundam, only to find out that it was (shudder) ENGLISH ONLY!!!! funk that, BUHleted!!!

Personally, I prefer to download the codecs that I need just to keep the number of installations to the minimum. That keeps my system in a healthier state.

That was Amazing!

And the story too... I think Macross is finally growing up and becoming something you could show a non-anime fan; solid, like a Miyazaki film (well, at least visually).

LEACH MY BANDWIDTH!

BTW, If you are having trouble playing the file, get the K-Lite Codec Pack Here and install it. It includes a media player as well. Hope that works.

I can understand one of the reasons why you want people to leach your bandwidth. I just let the upload bandwidth go unrerstricted, my download goes up enormously. I guess that is the idea behind Bit torrent.

That was Amazing!

And the story too...  I think Macross is finally growing up and becoming something you could show a non-anime fan; solid, like a Miyazaki film (well, at least visually).

LEACH MY BANDWIDTH!

I can understand one of the reasons why you want people to leach your bandwidth. I just let the upload bandwidth go unrerstricted, my download goes up enormously. I guess that is the idea behind Bit torrent.

No, you don't understand, I've got the episode. This is for all of you who don't have it.

yeah, you need to download each codec individually,  but the only format it really matters for is .ogg

at least that is the only one that gave me problems.  took me a week to be able to watch my zhentarim encoded first gundam, only to find out that it was (shudder) ENGLISH ONLY!!!!  funk that,  BUHleted!!!

Personally, I prefer to download the codecs that I need just to keep the number of installations to the minimum. That keeps my system in a healthier state.

errm...that is what i meant, why would you download an individual codec you didnt need?

thats what 4gspot is for

Finished watching the episode. Great episode, even if they kept switching between cel and CG VFs... However, one breif shot in particular reminded me greatly of Transformers the movie. It's the shot where DD's SV-51's hands are forcing open the hangar door on the Asuka. Did anyone else get reminded of Devastator doing the same thing to Autobot city in the beginning of Transformers the Movie?

And while I understand why Mao kissed Shin (combination of jelousy at her sister, save his life, and a crush on him), I still am a little creeped out about it... It's probably me.

I've got my upload on unlimited, and I'm only downloading at 1k......Oh, now it's 0....Ok, back to 1.... :(

Try leaving the upload on unlimited for a couple of minutes, then slow it down to "dialup/isdn" levels.

Make sure you've opened your ports (mentioned in my post above) and that should

speed everything up. Over time you'll connect to more people and download faster

OK, explain this one to me. I've never been able to maintain a Bit Torrent download. Not since I first started using BT over a year ago. Everything will be working fine for the first 15 to 20 minutes, and then my computer reboots itself. OK, then i resume and the same thing happens, only the second time it may run for up to an hour before it zaps my system. I've installed several different BT clients, most recently the 'Shadow's Experimental' version (which I like the best so far), and the same thing still happens.

Anyone want to tackle this one?

And another thing, ever since I 'upgraded' my DivX 3 player to the newest version (5.something), I've been unable to play anything on it. I just get green interference. I've gotten rid of all my old codecs, downloaded new ones, and I just downloaded ffdshow and still I get the same green interference. Gah!

I've got my upload on unlimited, and I'm only downloading at 1k......Oh, now it's 0....Ok, back to 1.... :(

Try leaving the upload on unlimited for a couple of minutes, then slow it down to "dialup/isdn" levels.

Make sure you've opened your ports (mentioned in my post above) and that should

speed everything up. Over time you'll connect to more people and download faster

Yeah, actually, it didn't work in the past, but I decided to try again, an dit's working now, in combination wiht the experimental client mentioned higher on the page. It's still only doing about 7k, but that's about normal.

I'm running Quicktime under Mac OS X and I can play the file fine with Quicktime Player[....]

Oh I am just saying Quicktime doesn't play DivX on my Windows system. I don't know anything about the MAC version of Quicktime. I guess you can make it work since the player just has to find the correct codec just like Windows media player.

First, was it really necessary to quote my entire message just to add that?

Second, no, unfortunately, my Quicktime player didn't automatically find those codecs. Sometimes it tries to locate codecs it needs, but it didn't find these. I had to locate and install them myself.

Third, many of the sites to which I provided links are for multiple platforms. It's quite possible that someone who prefers QT Player (or whatever) to WMP on could use those resources to get their player to work with the movies under Windows, Linux, etc.

Somtimes if a file is downloading real slow, I close the download, and run the web link again and it restarts faster a lot of times. I guess it finds a better connection. I don't know.

OK, explain this one to me.  I've never been able to maintain a Bit Torrent download.  Not since I first started using BT over a year ago.  Everything will be working fine for the first 15 to 20 minutes, and then my computer reboots itself.  OK, then i resume and the same thing happens, only the second time it may run for up to an hour before it zaps my system.  I've installed several different BT clients, most recently the 'Shadow's Experimental' version (which I like the best so far), and the same thing still happens. 

Anyone want to tackle this one?

It could be symptomatic of a bigger system-wide problem, i.e. virus or bad RAM. BT-downloads by themselves cannot reboot a system.
And another thing, ever since I 'upgraded' my DivX 3 player to the newest version (5.something), I've been unable to play anything on it.  I just get green interference.  I've gotten rid of all my old codecs, downloaded new ones, and I just downloaded ffdshow and still I get the same green interference.  Gah!

I don't use nor install the Divx-player under my Windows-partitions. Just the codecs. WMP-9 works fine with it, as well as my other players like PowerDVD and even WinAmp-2.

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

btw, props to Spykes and the Infusion group for a really good subtitling effort (font-size/typeface/positioning/color). Very professional.

True that!

I for one think you guys have outdone yourselves. Your Macross Zero Vol. 2 release blew the ANBU/AONE release out of the water and thanks to the SUPERB quality of Vol. 3 I'm not even going to waste my bandwidth on any other Fansubber's releases.

Thanks Spike, and the rest of your crew.

The way Bittorrent works is to rely on the unused upload bandwidth to serve people in the network. Your slow download might be because the person you are connecting to is limiting the bandwidth. In that case, he/she will not get a good return download bandwidth either. Sometimes, your download doesn't seem to be running, that might be because there is no one on the network that is serving that file.

When I first logged on, my speed was around 1 to 4 k/s but gradually, it increased to over 120 or more k/s. My upload speed is usually around 100 k/s.

I didn't set anything and used the default port settings, it works fine for me so far, I have been using Bittorrent for a while now.

I think Torrent works better than WinMX or such because there is no nicknames for people to associate with, so there is no "trade only" scenario. People tend to be stingy about sharing the file or because thier ISPs charge the user for additional upload bandwidth, etc. For the former reason, you just have to share (you get the file from someone and you give the file to someone else).

Edited by MacrossX

First, was it really necessary to quote my entire message just to add that?

Yes, it is necessary and the quote is not that long, so it shouldn't be a problem. The reason for quoting is that there can be a dozen of posts between your post and my response to your post. Other people reading my response would not realise to whom my reply was directed to if I did not include your original post. You are assuming that my response would be listed right after yours. You are also assuming that everyone would read every single post on the thread. Some might not have read your original post but have read my reply, they would be wondering to whom I was talking to. This is the internet, things happen quickly, there can be many responses between our replies.

As I mentioned, I don't know much about the Mac environment. Some of my recording utilities I used to make movies require me to locate the encoder manually.

As for codecs or operating environments, people choose what they want, I have no opinion on that.

If it makes you happy and sleep better, I just edited out the quotes in the post.

Incidentally, there are many here that also include the "nested" quotes in their posts, others don't seem to have any problem with that!

Edited by MacrossX

It could be symptomatic of a bigger system-wide problem, i.e. virus or bad RAM. BT-downloads by themselves cannot reboot a system.

I don't use nor install the Divx-player under my Windows-partitions. Just the codecs. WMP-9 works fine with it, as well as my other players like PowerDVD and even WinAmp-2.

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

Yeah, I'll just not use the DivX player anymore. Especially now that the newest version comes bundled with adware.

Got M03 downloaded through BT and all my codecs in working order, and just got done watching it. Yet another fantastic episode! Thanks so much Spykes, your crew does a spectacular job.

The only thing that troubles me is that with each episode I watch, my desire for toys grows. Someone needs to get some swag out soon, be it Yamato or whoever. At this point I'd be happy to see a cheap Banpresto variable! :p

No, you don't understand, I've got the episode. This is for all of you who don't have it.

I know you have the episode and would like to share the file. I am just saying that as a joke about how bittorrent "rewards" your downloading speed if you provide the upload bandwidth. I too let people "leech" my bandwidth after my download is completed. I stay on to serve others even though I have finished my download.

Edited by MacrossX