#INFUSION MACROSS ZERO EPS 3

spykes

make sure you have the latest version: 3.3 (mac and windows)

link

This is what I've been using.

Edited by Anubis

Ok where the hell does all the upload bandwidth go? It seems like everyone is experiencing slower download speeds than upload speeds. I know that my connection can easily hit 200+ kb/s but all I'm getting is a mealsy 10-20 kb dribble yet I'm uploading at 60+ kb/s

vinnie

Yeah well about time you guys felt the same as me when it comes to this stuff, I'm getting lucky 3KB/s and just got too 4% after 3 hours of downloading, with 66 hours to go....but my upload isn't much different, sticking too 2-3 KB/s, so it'll take me a few days to finish it, like maybe thursday morning or so it'll finish.

Finished! Finally! :D

It's uploading around 30K pretty consistently. I'll leave up for at least a day straight and then periodic after that when I'm not downloading something else.

Now to watch it.

damn , I´m getting a crappy conection , how do I go about for fixing this firewall thingy ? what should I do to get a better conection (I´m using the experimental version and I´m getting the yellow light )

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

Specifically: http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#speed

Basically, open some ports on your firewall if your using a router (like a D-link, Linksys, Netgear, etc....). If that doesn't work, adjust your upload speed.

Ok where the hell does all the upload bandwidth go? It seems like everyone is experiencing slower download speeds than upload speeds. I know that my connection can easily hit 200+ kb/s but all I'm getting is a mealsy 10-20 kb dribble yet I'm uploading at 60+ kb/s

I don't know. Maybe to those people you are connected to.....

Either:

A) You have a firewall set up and is blocking connections to other people slowing you down.

B) You're not connected to lots of people (probably due to [A]).

C) You are downloading/uploading something else which is saturating your bandwidth (Always possible).

D) You are connected to a bunch of a-holes who all have set their upload rate to 1k and only 2 upload slots (this is highly unlikely/non-existant) or are connected to every modem user out there right now, even the seeder who's seeding with a modem.

E) You keep closing and restarting the Bittorrent, causing you to reconnect to peers. If so, stop, just let BT run.

F) All of the above.

I would check A and C particularly. It is ideal to let BT be the only thing downloading/uploading, but we do not have ideal conditions, ever. In fact, I'm uploading on WinMX right now, very slowly (5k) but still uploading and running BT on episode 3. My highest was 120k down (with the low being 40k) and keeping it at 5k uploading. And yes I have played with port settings on my router to allow BT to run.

If you are using an experimental client, do a manual announce and see if you connect to more people. If you do that and still have considerably slow speeds, then see who you are connected to. If you are downloading from only a few people and they happen to be slow uploading, then check your firewall and or proxy. Most likely that is your problem. Beyond that, I would have to check each problem on a case by case basis.

edit: I'm done.

Edited by azrael

If your file finishes and it's corrupted, run the bittorrent again and resume that file. Bittorrent will fix it.

I do option C (upload 3 and number of uploads 2) because I have a cable modem transfer limit that costs me $20 when I go over it and $20 for every GB after that. This month I went over it again because I couldn't wait for more Macross 7 (just watched ep. 10. I love this anime). Yes, this still makes me like Dennis Leary, but if I'm going to do a big upload, it has to be on a month I'm not watching Ultra Maniac and Macross 7, then downloading Mandrake Linux 9.2, and reading 5 message boards.

What happens if the Tracker gets d/c or some bs? I've gotten this error like 3 times already. Will it screw up the d/l or the video/audio feed?

Let BT run. It will reconnect. As more people connect, the more people will connect to the tracker causing lots of timeouts elsewhere. This is common. Don't worry.

Any news when the ANBU/ANIMEONE version is coming out?

What he said. I liked their releases of the first two and want their third for consistency sake.

OH MY GOD!!!!! this keeps getting better and better :p , i just chuckled through the entire episode, while my girlfriend just said "ewwwww" every time one of the pilots/destroids/infantry bit the dust :p , the destroids really rocked :p , VERY AC-ish :p , the GPB armor also kicked major ass :p , i love macross!

//Dano..

has anyone had any problem playing the fansub ? I´m getting a green screen with interfierence when I play it with DivX but when I play it in BSplayer there´s no problem with the video , only thing is the frame rate sucks and the subs are delayed by something like 6-7 secs <_<

damn , why does it have to happen to me now ... :(

has anyone had any problem playing the fansub ? I´m getting a green screen with interfierence when I play it with DivX but when I play it in BSplayer there´s no problem with the video , only thing is the frame rate sucks and the subs are delayed by something like 6-7 secs <_<

damn , why does it have to happen to me now ... :(

your codec must be old then try using this http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcef...ow-20030523.exe

that should help you with your frame rates and the gree blocks or whatsoever. It works great.

not sure if this has been brought up, but that is a hella large file, usually, single episodes, even with ac3, are 175 MB, why the huge file size? not that i'm not grateful. just curious...

do you know how big was the ac3? 100mbs and we was going for 2 eps a CD what why we went for 350megabits, IF you wanted sound and video at max quality your not gonna try ac3 with 175 cause that leaves you with 75mb of video source that is ugly ^^

hey thanks for the quick response, how's that for service?

i didnt realize that the ac3 would be that big, i can't wait to see it, err...hear it. ;)

i might have a few more questions for you later, i am really interested in fansubbing, i want to know all about it, don't live in japan of course, so i couldnt do it, but it is very cool.

anbu ppl are ok i guess even competion with us. But we respect ours more then their's cause the 5 macross fans that worked on this pours thier hearts out.

Glad to hear that! And it definitely showed in the finished product.

I think we all remember the god-awful AJ subs, done by people who obviously had NO idea what Macross is :lol:

It took one and a half hours for my download. I guess the idea behind bit torrent is to share files, I shared the same amount of upload bandwidth/data to others so I guess I get a very decent download bandwidth as well.

Although I had the movie already, I downloaded it to see the quality of this subbed version. The file looks nice though I haven't had time to watch all 30 mins of it. I am wondering why the sub says "chapter 3 , Blue death match" when the original frame says "Next chapter, Jungle" at the end of the movie.

When it advertises the schedule for episode 4 (2004 , Spring), the sub says "Jungle". Is it out of sync? Was the subbed frames overlapped onto the original frames but out of sync at the end? How does the sub work?

Are those "alien" hieroglyphics (protoculture language?) the true representation of the words in the credit or they are just there because they look good? Just curious.

Okay, I've installed all the codecs mentioned on this site, updated my win media player, and the file wont play. Apparently, it will not recognize the filetype. Am I going to have to redownload this bloody thing?

Oh yea... checked the download with bittorrent as well... claims to be a complete "successful" download. I'll try another video player, I guess.

Edited by GreenGuy42

Okay, I've installed all the codecs mentioned on this site, updated my win media player, and the file wont play. Apparently, it will not recognize the filetype. Am I going to have to redownload this bloody thing?

Oh yea... checked the download with bittorrent as well... claims to be a complete "successful" download. I'll try another video player, I guess.

I am using Windows Media Player (6.4) (I refuse to use the most up-to-date version when the older version works, the newer one is usually more "bloated" :) ) and DivX 5.05 codec with the suggested version of AC3. It works fine for me.

Edited by MacrossX

:angry: Nope, nothing. Quicktime won't even open it..... augh... redownload I guess...

Hehe, I've had no luck with computers this week... just suffered a near fatal harddrive failure. I'm not sure HOW this laptop is still operable.

:angry: Nope, nothing. Quicktime won't even open it..... augh... redownload I guess...

Hehe, I've had no luck with computers this week... just suffered a near fatal harddrive failure. I'm not sure HOW this laptop is still operable.

I don't think Quicktime can play DivX avi files. It will play mp4 and regular avi files however.

...still nothing....

WMP doesn't even KNOW the format..... this is immensely frustrating..... Should I just re-download it?

why would you do that? It will be the same file.

Yea, but I've had downloads which ended up corrupt at some point during download. I've installed every codec I can think of, tried different players, and messed with every setting that came to mind. The download, thanks to our unreliable cable connection, was terminated several times during the night as well.

If you have a better idea, PLEASE feel free to indulge... ;)

Downloaded it last night. Thanks Spyke.

Left it uploading for the next 10 hours too. I hope a bunch of y'all got to download it too.

The episode was really damn cool. IMHO, it was more fast paced than the other two episodes because it seemed like it was over way too soon.

...still nothing....

WMP doesn't even KNOW the format..... this is immensely frustrating..... Should I just re-download it?

If you are using Windows, the file size should be 358,400KB.

Do you have the most up-to-date version of DivX codec?

Can you tell me what you see when you right click on the file name and select properties, then click on the "details" tab? It should say something about the media length, audio and video format.

Edited by MacrossX