The MS of Amuro Ray - quick question

One can't help but wonder why.

Do you need novels and side stories and the like too?

Here's what I can recall:

RX-78-2 Gundam

RX-78-3 Gundam (in the novel)

RX-77-2 Guncannon

RMS-099 Rick Dias

MSK-008 Dijeh

RGZ-91 Re-GZ

RX-93 Nu Gundam

RX-93-v2 Hi-Nu Gundam (in the novel)

Well, I guess official anime in one list, and then novels and unofficial in another?

Is there any credible material that he actual piloted the A1 version of the Zplus?

The purpose is tip-top secret, although one can probably guess by my hobby proclivities what it is... :D

Or even more to the point, do we even include ones like the NT1 Alex, built for Amuro, but never actually used by him?

Or even more to the point, do we even include ones like the NT1 Alex, built for Amuro, but never actually used by him?

Well, it's your tip-top-secret purpose, so I guess you'd have to answer that. ;)

Well, then, let's amend...

Official Anime:

RX-78-2 Gundam

RMS-099 Rick Dias

MSK-008 Dijeh

RGZ-91 Re-GZ

RX-93 Nu Gundam

... that's all I can remember him piloting in anime, for certain. I can't remember if he pilots the RX-77-2 Guncannon in the novel or in the movies.

As far as novels and side-stories go, I only know of the RX-78-3 and Hi-Nu Gundams, and I just remembered from Gundam Evolve the MSZ-006-3A Zeta Gundam (the white version).

Does the Gundam Wiki give a thorough listing?

Does the Gundam Wiki give a thorough listing?

why yes it does:

Mobile Units

Main

Other

( http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Amuro_Ray )

... that's all I can remember him piloting in anime, for certain. I can't remember if he pilots the RX-77-2 Guncannon in the novel or in the movies.

Definitely in the anime. I remember him piloting the Guncannon in the episode where Sayla was piloting the Gundam.

why yes it does:

Mobile Units

Main

Other

( http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Amuro_Ray )

Well, damn. I read that ENTIRE article when I first started looking, but never bothered to look at the box on the right with his info. Duh! :rolleyes:

A quick Google image search shows a couple coloured images with a very Jegan-esque colour scheme, but dunno if that's canonical or just someone digitally painting the lineart from the novel. I'd have to wait until I get home tonight and check my MS Encyclopedia. It's got every other side-story MS in there... should have the Jeddah too.

I'm almost tempted to ask for the source on that. :p

The Mobile Suit Gundam novels, written by none other than Yoshiuki Tomino himself (although they're pretty much non-canon).

If I can remember correctly it would have been in the second and third novels. Not only that, but if you can believe it

pilots in the novels ask their girlfriends for amulets to give them luck in their missions. Said amulets are actually snippets of pubic hair and Amuro requesting an amulet from Sayla because Kai and Hayato are pestering him about is one of the most surreal things I've ever read

A quick Google image search shows a couple coloured images with a very Jegan-esque colour scheme, but dunno if that's canonical or just someone digitally painting the lineart from the novel. I'd have to wait until I get home tonight and check my MS Encyclopedia. It's got every other side-story MS in there... should have the Jeddah too.

Yeah, I saw those too, but thought the same thing.

Well, my MS Encyclopedia wasn't any help. Nothing on the Jeddah at all. The only thing I could find for the Jeddah is this, which is apparently alternate art for the RGM-88X from a re-issued printing of Hi-Streamer.

post-692-0-68930600-1320819044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penguin