Would you buy a 1/60 V2 VF-1J Stealth paint scheme version?

Kyp Durron

Stealh 1J just like teh 1/48 version with stirke parts....heck yes! bring it!

low vis 1A, i'd probably get too.

if they did a 1J low vis in the style of the 1S V2, with Red striping instead of yellow (on the 1S) and a better dark grey or black...i'd be all over that too. i love the darkish VF-1J with red strip in the old school (arii?) model kit box art and would get that in a heartbeat too. I see no downsides to the newer V2's and as far as I'm concernd its the best VF-1 to date so these would "complete" the line for me. oh and give them all TV hands too. :-P

Edited by Mechapilot77

Most definitely!

I welcome any other iteration of the V2 VF-1, including the Dark Bird and U.N. Headquarters Guard.

Even though I have my beloved 1/48 Minmay Guard Kurt Customs, I would love to see V2 VF-1 versions of them from Yamato as well. I'd be all over most of the non-canon customs that have been attempted by Yamato in 1/48 scale (e.g. Low Vis VF-1A), and it'd be great to see something that hasn't been done yet.

I have a feeling even more people would actually get this once they see the painted prototypes. I wish Graham would chime in here and let us know if Yamato might actually do this or not. I see no reason for them not to, at least a limited run, if nothing else. Just don't make it a web exclusive!!

-Kyp

• 2 weeks later...

E

i think the low vis scheme (or dobber milatary scheme) would win all the time vrs the stealth in demand. Wish they had made it for the yf-21 (and before i had bought it)

Either way, I think it's pretty clear that many of us are wanting a stealth scheme as well as real world paint schemes. If nothing else, the could give it a try with the VF-1 design, maybe limit the initial release a bit, and see how it sells. Then go from there.

Graham, could you suggest this to Yamato?

-Kyp

Of course I would. I'm just happy that my 4 1/60 kits are coming in from HLJ. 1 of the A, S, and two of the J. Maybe a low-vis there.

Do those kits include the special parts(as indicated on the Yamato site)? I didn't realize HLJ sold the web exclusives.

• 10 months later...

Like alot of people here, I'm surprised it hasn't been done already.

1/60 1J mold is there ready to go.

The 1/48 sold out quick, and now is as rare as a hiphop artist with low self esteem.

I'm still waiting for 1/60 1J Hik in light grey!!

If I had the money to spare on another VF-1, yes. But isn't the unpainted kit supposed to fill that need for odd paint jobs? I'm actually surprised the Cavilier version needed to be made.

And not to change the subject but does anyone think we'll get a Mass Production VF-25 or even an kit version because that would ROCK!