Would you buy a 1/60 V2 VF-1J Stealth paint scheme version?

Kyp Durron

I loved the paint scheme on the 1/48 VF-1J stealth, but I've been waiting forever for Yamato to make a 1/60 V2 version. So since it was brought up in the 1/48 VF-1S TV thread, I felt it needed it's own thread here.

So, if Yamato decided to make one, would you buy it? I know if they did, I'd be all over it like white on rice! Hell, I might even buy two.

-Kyp

I personally wouldn't bother to buy one or at least it wouldn't be very high up on the "to buy" list. I still need to buy the Hikaru 1J before I would even consider the low vis version. And even then, the up coming current releases supercedes that and they are pretty expensive so that leaves little money left for yet another VF-1 with another paint scheme.

Well, I've got all the 1/60 VF-1s except the "weathered" versions, so why not? :lol:

It wouldn't happen, but it would be sweet if Yamato created a non-canon set of stealth fast packs, maybe inspired by the VF-17's, as a special for such a release. Or, the flip-top missile launcher packs that showed up in the line art sketches for the original VF-X game.

I'd bite, I have all of them except the weathered version in my collection. I really want an Alaska base color scheme though.

I'm kinda wondering if the v2 VF-1S Low Vis Roy is the only one they are going to release though. Maybe they will release some other color schemes for the VF-1's during the anniversary.

I'm not that into that shade of grey they gave the 1S. Personally, I'd pick up a v.1 1/48 low-vis scheme for a 1/60 in a heartbeat. I'm still under the opinion that Yamato should get the license to do the Minmay guard, and redo the low-vis. I know there'd be a lot of people into getting those tow. Oh, and re-release the Max and Milia.

w/ SSPs, definitely.

didn't like the color of the 1S low-viz they made for the v.2 1/60 (its like they mixed the 1/48 stealth and low-viz colors)... i prefer the color scheme of the VFX... a 1/60 low-viz with the same color scheme as the 1/48 would be hard to say no to, but make it a 1S or 1J.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I never fully saw the appeal of the LV1. To me It just looks like a monotone hunk of grey plastic with dark smudges all over it like somebody decided to handle the toy after doing a large charcoal drawing. I understand that it's a more realistic scheme than those seen in the show proper but it's Just so boring. if they had given it some sort of contrasting stripes and markings or used a multi-tonal grey camouflage I'd find it much more appealing, but as it is I just don't like it.

I'm not that into that shade of grey they gave the 1S. Personally, I'd pick up a v.1 1/48 low-vis scheme for a 1/60 in a heartbeat. I'm still under the opinion that Yamato should get the license to do the Minmay guard, and redo the low-vis. I know there'd be a lot of people into getting those tow. Oh, and re-release the Max and Milia.

Darker than I like, but it's the yellow that contradicts "low viz"

Either way, other than re-issues, the only other thing for Yamato to do with the mold is to start making non cannon paint schemes. A 1/60 version of Yamato's limited 1/48 Low Vis would also be nice. I'd still rather have the Stealth scheme made first, though.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron