The Macross toy you bought, that you're really just 'meh'

drkstar00

Toynami Masterpiece except for the case.....DX VF-25 v. 1 all valks though I only own two. That's about it. As far as the Bandai 1/65 Mac 7 ones, you know what they were decent and I still like them and enjoyed those both more than what I stated here.

hmm.

the only macross-toy I bought that was truly meh was...

The Yamato Launch Arm Display Stand .

It was way overpriced when it was first introduced, and still overpriced even on sale-price.

This chunk of meh was just...meh. Reasons:

• The clamps don't clamp and are pretty much damn useless and wasteful. It can't hold a valk with FP like what we all saw in DYRL. Which is just damn stupid since that's the main (if not the only) purpose of the clamps!
  • no adaptor-support for the VF-22 battroid-adaptor. srsly! wtf, right?!
  • Did I mentioned they're too damn overpriced even at sales-price?

what's up with that, yamato-toys?!

In order of purchase:

15th anniversary pvc VF-1S battroid figure

It was a gift, but it didn't make it any better.

the three attempts of ownership of the Yamato 1/72 VF-11B.

1st Leg broke off after first transformation. Returned to ebay seller, warehouse and office close to where I live.

2nd other hip was broke in box. Drove back to the ebay seller the next day.

3rd, hip not broken in box. Lasted 3 months before both hips dissolved.

Fail

Yamato v.1 VF-1S Roy.

Why even have the gerwalk in the intructions? Also, head lasers were too tight and brittle.

Bandye 1/52ish VF-19 Blazer Valkyrie

It was a bootleg, so I can't remember the actual manufacturer, but it was blue with the fire valk wings on it.

Yamato VF-0S

Floppy mess. Couldn't handle a small earthquake. Permanent fighter mode now.

VF-100's

DX VF-25F with Superpacks: Baby blue job

Desperation outweighed patience.

The QF-2200D Ghost Booster from MacZero. It looked really great in the promo pics, and I was really looking forward to owning one. But when it arrived, I suddenly realized it wasn't compatible with any Yamato-made display stand. That really killed the display value on the thing. It didn't look too good attached to a VF-0, and by itself it basically just sits there doing nothing.

The landing gears are a bitch to lower, too.

1/60 YF-21: I wasn't a fan of the design/lineart but got one "just to have one." I actually like the look of the toy's fighter mode, but gerwalk and battroid are still huge mehs. And the transformation makes me cringe anytime I attempt it.

Revoltech (transforming) VF-1: I saw some pictures that made it look good (in battroid and gerwalk) and it was on sale cheap...it turned out even worse than people said it was (both the design and the build quality/qc), and makes me wonder why people buy any revoltechs at all

Edited by jwasko

i agree that the DX v.1s were more of a "WTF Bandai!", esp. after they announced the v.2s just some months after releasing the 25G Tornado and re-issuing the 25F... WTF indeed.

i've been really careful buying stuff these past few years, but my "meh" purchase a few years back were these:

post-8437-0-33626000-1320533477_thumb.jpg

i tried hard to like 'em in lieu of the 1/60 versions, but being small and not transformable, i quickly lost interest and eventually sold them.

how could you be content with those if you could have these instead :) :

post-8437-0-85429900-1320533675_thumb.jpg post-8437-0-41718300-1320533705_thumb.jpg post-8437-0-05930900-1320533719_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

yamato 1/60 yf-19

1. no locking chest even though 1/72 had it.

2. gunpod looked a bit small

yamato vb-6 monster

1. could have benefitted from tampo printed markings

2. limbs seem a bit floppy

3. details like the chest cannon and hands seem bare

4. secret feature glued shut

I wish yamato did a variable glaug.

yamato qrau:

1. thought it was a bit overpriced.

2. limited articulation in legs

Loads of people seem to not like the bandai himetal but i think it is good, just overpriced.

It is like a yamato vf-1 1/60v2 but at 1/100. It has some bits that look superior like the way the fast pack attaches to it. (I hate the yamato vf-1 v2 fast pack and how there is a big bar connecting the two sides together. 1/48 did it better.)

as for transforming revoltech:

I like that it really is a perfect tranforming figure but i had lower expectations for this because the reason you would get it is for its super posability not for accuracy in sculpt in fighter mode. :p

If you bought one expecting an awesome look in other modes I would recommend you read reviews more often lol We all look for different things in different toys. I think it does what it promises: gives you a heroically posing battroid mode that transforms. I think yamato fanatics are just jealous that the revoltech line in general was so popular lol The gnu line struggled to get the attention that superposing figures got, partially because it tried too hard to worry about accuracy to lineart. But the whole appeal of revy toys is that you can do crazy dynamic anime poses, not be these perfect sculpted statues that you can scrutinise with a magnifying glass and take zoomed in hi res photos of. People should care about that for the bigger more expensive toys more imo. Revy is more about fun.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Pour moi, it's the 1/72 scale VF-11B.

meh

Amen, same here.

if i still had the 1/60v.I VF-1A Hikaru DYRL that was (blessedly) the lone single entry i ever got from that retched edition,

before moving directly to the 1/48's, then i'd say that the 1/60v.I quite handily outperforms the 1/72 VF-11B in terms of sheer Meh-ness,

but, thankfully, i have long since unloaded myself of that single piece of 1/60v.I offal, whilst i still have the 11B,

so i'd say that the 11B is pretty much the last "modern" MACROSS item i still have around with any degree of personal "Meh-factor"

now, in regards to the old BANDAI 1/65 MAC-7 VF-17D and VF-19kai i still have floating about; the less said about those, the better...