Would you buy a 1/48 VF-1S TV Version?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

If Yamato were to ever release this particular variant, that would be it for me in terms of the 1/48 line. Quite frankly I don't know what the problem was with having to come out with this re-paint because as everyone knows that's just what it is, a re-paint. All they had to do was put it together with the TV FP's and the HIKARU figure, which were both already in production.

Forgotten? It's the most relevant VF-1 toy produced within the last decade. Without it, there would be no V2 1/60 VF-1.

I don't care, I collected 1/48's for years, trust me I know where you're coming from, I'm not talking about history I'm talking about modern relevancy, it's all about the 1/60 line today.

• 2 weeks later...

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of the 1/48 scale valks. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, and as all the other toys are in 1/60, I wouldn't get a 1/48 of the t.v. 1S. The line is dead anyways, and it's incomplete. Makes it a very easy decision to say no to it.

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of the 1/48 scale valks. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, and as all the other toys are in 1/60, I wouldn't get a 1/48 of the t.v. 1S. The line is dead anyways, and it's incomplete. Makes it a very easy decision to say no to it.

I'm on the same boat!!

• 3 weeks later...

For a very long time, I told myself that I would get a 1/48 Hikaru 1J, and a Roy. I never got the Roy, and I still only have the single 1/48. But I'm ok with that.

After getting so many v.2 1/60 VF-1s, I kinda don't want any more 1/48 ones, unless they remake the 1/48 using the same design as the new 1/60. The design is just much more refined now, and the 1/48 doesn't match up to the current manufacturing standard. Plus, the 1/60 are just much easier to find a place for.

Edited by Chronocidal

For a very long time, I told myself that I would get a 1/48 Hikaru 1J, and a Roy. I never got the Roy, and I still only have the single 1/48. But I'm ok with that.

After getting so many v.2 1/60 VF-1s, I kinda don't want any more 1/48 ones, unless they remake the 1/48 using the same design as the new 1/60. The design is just much more refined now, and the 1/48 doesn't match up to the current manufacturing standard. Plus, the 1/60 are just much easier to find a place for.

QFT for realz....and on that note...can you IMAGINE what Yamato would charge nowadays for a new version of 1:48's??? You gotta remember things are way different now than they were when the 1:48's were released. They would have zero problem charging $300+ for one. Guaranteed.

I like the 1/48 design just the way it is, all I'd want is for them to make the shoulders sit up higher in fighter mode.

-Kyp

The shoulder design's my only gripe with the 1/48 line as well. Other than that, I think it's perfect.

Edited by connor99

• 5 months later...

I remember buying a 1/48 that was customized by a member on here to make it look close to the tv version.

I know Jasonc is gonna hate me for bringing this back up LOL

Or just create one and make it fly. Yay or Nay?

Edited by Kicker773