• 2 months later...

Saw this yesterday (2D version). Decent film for an action flick, best one I've seen in the past 12 months. The plot holds up well (no plot holes screaming at me, unlike the last Batman movie), action from start to finish (which usually bothers me, but not in this case), and Kate Beckinsale in leather for the whole film, what more can anyone ask?

It was a popcorn action flick, but it was a fun ride. The young guys in theater also loved it, but they thought it was too short. (I didn't ask them, but they were very loudly proclaiming it was great during the obligatory after movie potty break)

Based on my previous comment I think I'd be more inclined to drink Kate's bathwater than to actually see the movie. I dunno...

I was going to, but it seems to be 3D-only. I hate 3D more and more these days. I'll rent it in 2D.

It is out in 2D as well, looks good that way. I don't remember any "coming at ya!" moments, must have been there. Other films had tons of them (Puss in Boots comes to mind), so either I was too busy noticing the leather or this movie had less of them.

Big ol' meh. Have to ask: is it really worth the inflated ticket price, just to see Beckinsale for a few scant seconds in that black-tightie outfit on all fours in that A/C duct scene?

Really, wolves don't need so much CGI chicanery...

big-wolf-1.JPG

Running into one of these buggers is a rather imposing thought, no Hollywood effects needed. Kinda why my interest is piqued by that other wolf movie with Liam Neeson--although that one too seems to suffer from an overabundance of computerized anthropomorphization. We [Americans] in general can be rather insulated in our existences and outlooks on the world around us. The prospect of facing these beasts should be more than frightening, when you think about it; i.e. the accounts and reputation for wolves' relentless, machine-like determination. These mother fu**ers will kill you for food. These mother fu**ers will kill you for fun. And they will not stop. Until they kill you, or you kill them.

As for me: Tonight, I will drink to Ben Cochrum...

April, 1922 - Ontario. Fisher river on Lake Winnipeg. The victim's bones were found on April 17 among the remains of 11 wolves. Seven had been shot and four clubbed to death. Only when his rifle stock smashed did the trapper cease to fight and succumb to the wolf pack.[47]

Edited by reddsun1

It is out in 2D as well, looks good that way. I don't remember any "coming at ya!" moments, must have been there. Other films had tons of them (Puss in Boots comes to mind), so either I was too busy noticing the leather or this movie had less of them.

Well, I can't find a 2D showing within reasonable distance. Will check around again. ::edit:: Nope, not driving 50 miles.

redsun, I have to agree with you. Seeing these guys in wild is a very frightening experience, I can tell you.

During the late 1700s, France was beseiged by wolves - some in particular , the Beast of Gevaudan, are well known. I'm looking forward to seeing The Grey.

As for Underworld, I quite enjoyed the first movie, although cringed at some of the poorly shot action. The others weren't so great, but I will probably see this.

Big ol' meh. Have to ask: is it really worth the inflated ticket price, just to see Beckinsale for a few scant seconds in that black-tightie outfit on all fours in that A/C duct scene?

That is a silly question...

Really, wolves don't need so much CGI chicanery...

True - but wolves make terrible actors for the most part (no cracks about the human actors...)