Any more 1/48 Hasagawas Valkyries coming out

hirohawa

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine a 1/48 VF-25?? we will just keep on dreaming

My imagination is more running (and hoping/dreaming/praying) that either Hasegawa or Wave will get the rights to produce 1/72 Messiahs, to save us from those horrible Bandai creations.

Come on guys! its hasegawa! They'll re-release the same 1/48 kit for the next 50 years only with different decal options. For some reason they never make new things.... Imagine a 1/48 VF-25?? we will just keep on dreaming

Dunno.....VF-11 Came out and shortly a 2 holer. I wouldn't be surprised by 1/72 VF-4, and more 1/48 VF-1 stuff.

My imagination is more running (and hoping/dreaming/praying) that either Hasegawa or Wave will get the rights to produce 1/72 Messiahs, to save us from those horrible Bandai creations.

Forgive me cause I'm not in the know, but whats wrong with the Bandai 1/72? Not trying to start up a flame war or anything, just seeking knowledge. And yes 1/48 VF-25's would be totally freakin awesome.

The first probelm is that too many compromises have been made so that it is transformable. For example, there are huge gaps once it's assembled in fighter mode. And some of those issues make it difficult to do a good job painting it. The second issue is that it seems out of scale - just put the pilot next to any other 1/72 pilot and you'll see the pilot at least is closer to 1/90 which makes me feel that rest is a little too small. Finally, while most of the detail is excellent, there are some real showstoppers, for example the landing gear looks like it's come off a kid's toy.

Having said this, the Bandai 1/72 Valkyries are still excellent models. They just need an enormous amount of work to make them look better than just built out of the box, but I think that was the market they were going for. Hasegawa's market is completely different.

PetarB, Are you still going to make the up to scale pilots for the Messiahs?

Indeed, different companies have different market. The kits release by Hasegawa are mostly more realistic and the kits release by Bandai are more toy like. For example, the coming F15E strike eagle to be release by Fujimi will be a snap fit kit. Most kits needs a lot of work to make them look good that's why there're more and more small companies that releases update kits.

The first probelm is that too many compromises have been made so that it is transformable. For example, there are huge gaps once it's assembled in fighter mode. And some of those issues make it difficult to do a good job painting it. The second issue is that it seems out of scale - just put the pilot next to any other 1/72 pilot and you'll see the pilot at least is closer to 1/90 which makes me feel that rest is a little too small. Finally, while most of the detail is excellent, there are some real showstoppers, for example the landing gear looks like it's come off a kid's toy.

Having said this, the Bandai 1/72 Valkyries are still excellent models. They just need an enormous amount of work to make them look better than just built out of the box, but I think that was the market they were going for. Hasegawa's market is completely different.

for me .. bandai 1/72 messiah is more of a toy then a model kit.. and i love it very much.. but i agree with you about the scale .. it should be bigger!.. i think the 1/60 is actually 1/72.. and the 1/60 should be bigger

Edited by valid

for me .. bandai 1/72 messiah is more of a toy then a model kit.. and i love it very much.. but i agree with you about the scale .. it should be bigger!.. i think the 1/60 is actually 1/72.. and the 1/60 should be bigger

I presume you’re referring to the pilot’s scale; otherwise the rest of the toy is right in both 1/72 and 1/60 scales…

I presume you’re referring to the pilot’s scale; otherwise the rest of the toy is right in both 1/72 and 1/60 scales…

This!

Pilot size is almost never indicative of the actual scale of a Mecha model or toy; they often tend to be woefully under sized.