[Review] Yamato 1/60 Battle Pod Regult

haneto

g.JPG

I've always liked this pic as a comparison for scale the best :p

Also... if I had the money and the skill to be able to put it together and paint it properly, I'd buy one at the drop of a hat... :( But I've spent all of my money on other Macross toy pre-orders and have no skill with kits...

I love this thing. It's interesting to note that there are no screws used for any part of the construction process. It's pretty much a snap-fit kit.

I really wish this could accomodate the T-Rex Zent. It would have been awesome as part of a great diorama piece.

I love this thing. It's interesting to note that there are no screws used for any part of the construction process. It's pretty much a snap-fit kit.

I really wish this could accomodate the T-Rex Zent. It would have been awesome as part of a great diorama piece.

Really? What about glue and sanding and all of that? And why aren't there more pictures of these things!?!

It can but the feet. But I’m not really sure I can see the point of squeezing a poor Zentradi in there…

post-12283-0-94730600-1320201363_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-83506500-1320201377_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-17241000-1320201391_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-84433700-1320201408_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-20304100-1320201427_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-32836600-1320201440_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-28211200-1320201458_thumb.jpg

thanks for the pics I always wondering why the owners of this beauty never published pics or reviews

I keeping this topic of close and maybe help to decide if acquire one in the future or not

I still have mine boxed :(

Haven't decided to build and paint it yet. It's so awesome that I'd get a second one to build and leave it unpainted like it was a prototype.

thanks for the pics I always wondering why the owners of this beauty never published pics or reviews

I keeping this topic of close and maybe help to decide if acquire one in the future or not

Same feeling with you. Cannot understand why the owners of this kit do not share some pics to publics.

I searched many hours on Internet but found nothing about the contenct pics except the official ones.

So I feel quite rediculous and just bought mine to see how it looks at the end.

I have started the kit for a while and the fitting is nice.

Snap fit without screws indeed but you still need super glues to strengthen some places.

Even to a normal scale modeleler, this thing is just a piece of cake to finish.

And now I know why there's no finished toys of this Regult.

The cost to produce and make up this model is too high.

The kit price is JPY38,000 and I believe the finished good would be at least JPY60,000.

Cheers,

Yufei

The price is a dealbreaker. Plus, I don't have the talent or patience to attempt something like this. Just putting on the plastic bits on the SDF-1 nearly killed me (and my back, bending over the freaking coffeetable). I look forward to seeing it completed! If Yamato ever made a good regult that I didn't have to assemble - doesn't even have to be in scale, since I have no space - I would totally buy it.