Post a pic of your absolute favorite Macross toy

drkstar00

Ho

My latest acquisition and now favorite piece in the collection.

How much did you pay for the Bandai 'Strike? Back in the day I paid $1400 for one when things were out of control...

Been a long time since I posted here...out of the loop sort of thing....anyway, I love that after being off of the Macross radar for so long I can come back here and see a good old fashioned joke machine posted up as someone's favorite toy...warms the cockles of my almost 40 year old heart....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

thought I'd revive a dormant thread.. just because I can! :pand now back to the original topic..

so for me my all time fav has to be Hikaru's VF-1J presented to you by Miss Macross herself.. Lynn Minmay!

VF-1J nice! I have to hunt down one of those too.

Until I can get a VF-1S + Strike parts in my collection the VF-25S + Armored parts is my favorite, or they'd be tied for 1st place. :)

13983947633_7328cd2c18_b.jpg

13964415124_b0cc87d32b_b.jpg

14396320230_82c38d9777_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

VF-1J nice! I have to hunt down one of those too.

Until I can get a VF-1S + Strike parts in my collection the VF-25S + Armored parts is my favorite, or they'd be tied for 1st place. :)

13983947633_7328cd2c18_b.jpg

13964415124_b0cc87d32b_b.jpg

14396320230_82c38d9777_b.jpg

Dude your photos are works of art! Just looks sooo sexy! :p I have saved them all to my hdd! hope you don't mind! ;) The armored Ozma still is my fav Frontier Valk next to the Brera's 27y..

Hmmm maybe now just a little ahead of the Lucifer thanks to the armor parts! And I like how you have the chest missile launcher bay doors opening outwards also!

I think it looks much better this way and doesn't obstruct the view of the head unit!

But my Hikaru VF-1J was one of my earlier purchases when I started collecting again after selling of my old v1 VF-1 Valks years earlier..

The 'J' was an expensive little sucker too! at nearly $500 (aussie) MISB delivered! my VF-1J MPT was similarly priced.. actually more expensive if I remember correctly.. <_<

Edited by spanner76

^Nice!

I'll post some pics once the Tornado Parts come in for the 25F. B))

-b.

Thanks! I can't wait get the Tornado Parts, I have F and G just waiting for their Tornado Pack upgrades. :)

That is absolutely badass Saburo!

As much as I love the VF-1J as well, for my favorite I would have to go with the VF-19 Kai.

attachicon.gifIMG_2274.jpg

Because, Basara. Lol! :p (Yeah I'm a big M7 fan!)

Thanks abbadon.

Dude your photos are works of art! Just looks sooo sexy! :p I have saved them all to my hdd! hope you don't mind! ;) The armored Ozma still is my fav Frontier Valk next to the Brera's 27y..

Hmmm maybe now just a little ahead of the Lucifer thanks to the armor parts! And I like how you have the chest missile launcher bay doors opening outwards also!

I think it looks much better this way and doesn't obstruct the view of the head unit!

But my Hikaru VF-1J was one of my earlier purchases when I started collecting again after selling of my old v1 VF-1 Valks years earlier..

The 'J' was an expensive little sucker too! at nearly $500 (aussie) MISB delivered! my VF-1J MPV was similarly priced.. actually more expensive if I remember correctly.. <_<

Thank you for the compliments spanner. I don't mind if you saved them, I am glad you enjoy them. :) The VF-27γ is my favorite from the series but favorite toy is the VF-25S. :) Yep, I switched out the chest missile bay doors, it also helps with taking photos because doors don't obstruct the view of the head. ;)

I didn't get into collecting Valks until about a year ago so I am a late to the game. I did had a couple 1/55 Valks as a kid, but were a lost in a fire.

I hope to get a 1/60 VF-1J one day, but first is a 1/60 VF-1S. :)

Thank you for the compliments spanner. I don't mind if you saved them, I am glad you enjoy them. :) The VF-27γ is my favorite from the series but favorite toy is the VF-25S. :) Yep, I switched out the chest missile bay doors, it also helps with taking photos because doors don't obstruct the view of the head. ;)

I didn't get into collecting Valks until about a year ago so I am a late to the game. I did had a couple 1/55 Valks as a kid, but were a lost in a fire.

I hope to get a 1/60 VF-1J one day, but first is a 1/60 VF-1S. :)

I am currently using the top photo as my Samsung Note 3 wallpaper! works perfectly with the dark background!

Its funny you mention how you lost your 1/55's in unfortunate circumstances! During the late 80's in our (old old old) house we were robbed, we lost a whole bunch of stuff! all our tv's, video players, hi-fi system, cordless phones, money, jewelry.. etc etc even a few rugs & food! they almost completely cleaned us out! it was during the day and funny enough none of the neighbors saw anything.. <_< they would have needed a truck to take it all! so anyways among other things that were taken were my own 1/55 Valks that I had on display in my bedroom at the time were also taken! The only one that wasn't taken (of which I still have to this day) was a Transformers Skyfire version which I never kept on display as I didn't really like it so much..

1/48 low viz

That looks crazy!! I haven't ever seen that parts set before! and the mini style guns look cool too! very nice! are they original issue or from something else?

Edited by spanner76

1/48 low viz

Ah yes, and the 1/48 Thunder Hummer kit. Very, very nice.

*snip*

That looks crazy!! I haven't ever seen that parts set before! and the mini style guns look cool too! very nice! are they original issue or from something else?

Those are from a custom kit that a few (or one) members here made for both 1/48 and 1/60th scale VF-1's. Jorawar B, EXO or a few other members can fill in the blanks (too lazy to look up the original threads right now).

-b.

1/48 low viz

That is really cool!

I am currently using the top photo as my Samsung Note 3 wallpaper! works perfectly with the dark background!

Its funny you mention how you lost your 1/55's in unfortunate circumstances! During the late 80's in our (old old old) house we were robbed, we lost a whole bunch of stuff! all our tv's, video players, hi-fi system, cordless phones, money, jewelry.. etc etc even a few rugs & food! they almost completely cleaned us out! it was during the day and funny enough none of the neighbors saw anything.. <_< they would have needed a truck to take it all! so anyways among other things that were taken were my own 1/55 Valks that I had on display in my bedroom at the time were also taken! The only one that wasn't taken (of which I still have to this day) was a Transformers Skyfire version which I never kept on display as I didn't really like it so much..

*snip*

I am sorry for what happened to you and your family. It seems a bit strange that no one saw aanything. :(

These two for me. :wub:

IMG_4079_zpsc55d026d.jpg

Only to realize that this one shows Hikaru's 1A instead of the 1S. Hehehe. :lol: Either or, both Hikaru's DYRL Valks looks the same except for the head but atleast it compliments Isamu's 19's head lasers on this photo. ^_^