Custom 1/60 Hangar

tundrayeti

Of Course! I'll PM you with the details. These are scaled for 1/60, But I can re-size them for any scale. Just to elaborate these doorways will be going over the door areas that will be etched and milled out. I have attached some pictures illustrating the areas they will be going over. And yes there will be a catwalk for the door that's up a little higher. I'll have some more soon trying to finish up some other stuff this weekend and shipping some Military Vehicle sets as well but I'll have more pics soon!

post-7782-0-77862800-1321534123_thumb.jpg

Hey there Yeti,

I was curious as to the actual panel size of this wall template shown in the above post by you.

I'm putting together a 2 level 1/60 hanger deck diorama and would love to use these templates or

something simular in size. Please PM me with the details and perhaps cost as well (if you have some spare time.) :huh:

Thanks bud,

Blue

Blue,

I sent you the info you requested. I have standard 16" x 16" panels that I sell for $30 each plus shipping. They were on one of my old posts i'll put the link to it here. there are 4 styles to choose from, I may add more based on some feedback I have received. I had a couple on display at Wonderfest last year. I'll have to take some pics when I get back home!

Edited by tundrayeti

• 3 weeks later...

Okay this thread is long overdue for an update. I have been traveling on business, but I finally got to spend more time with this. Here are some shots of the gantries that are under construction. They still need some clean up work and they will have lights installed that will light up a diffusion filter. The cut out symbols on the sides will be the graphics.

I have also included initial assembly of the control station and the seats. These also need some cleanup and detail added, but it is just the start.

I have also included some shots of a new greeble that will be added to the hangar, a "generator" of some type. It will also need some cleanup, I have added the battery for scale.

Thanks!

post-7782-0-78069400-1328148595_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-73497800-1328148683_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-28882000-1328148898_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-67129600-1328149124_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-73166100-1328149417_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-75665000-1328149546_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-47183500-1328149600_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-02778800-1328149732_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-57904900-1328149837_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nah I've been working on this as well. trying to get a bunch of other stuff out of the way before I really start tackling this. That and i had to deal with the water pump on my wife's car. Ouch! next posting will be a major progress though, just watch!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been travelling out of town for work so ive been getting home late. I will be catching up on my posts tonight. Got lots of pictures to post some for this project, some for another project that i got parts in for. So thanks for your patience in advance. Pictures coming tonight.

Edited by tundrayeti

Been travelling out of town for work so ive been getting home late. I will be catching up on my posts tonight. Got lots of pictures to post some for this project, some for another project that i got parts in for. So thanks for your patience in advance. Pictures coming tonight.

This guy is very excited.

Okay here it is the Long overdue update. Mostly I've been doing wiring, lights etc, and now I am in the process of painting the main panels. I have removed the electronics for now, and the door piece and the other floor aren't dry yet, but the floor has been seen previously, the layout is taking shape, once the main parts are done, the electronics will be installed and then the details get put in such as the greeblies you have all seen in the prior posts. Next the wiring will be secured, and the lights mounted. after that the panels will be secured, and the gantries will be painted and installed. I have to put the floor tabs that will ride in the slots in before I secure the flooring so that the gantries will move back and forth.

Enjoy!

post-7782-0-89843600-1335324707_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-07668000-1335324784_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-38564500-1335324840_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-02831400-1335325220_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-79936100-1335325273_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundrayeti

Yeti,

Awesome "eye candy" as always bud, the build is coming along nicely!!

If and when you get the chance i need to talk with you about wiring techniques for lights etc.

Also as for the "Used and Grimey", i agree with DarrinG...sounds perfect!!

Blue B))

Well it all depends. If you just want the parts made, and you assemble them yourself and paint a setup like this will go for about $200. A couple members have gotten similar setup that they assembled and painted themselves. Depending on what you want this setup goes anywhere between. $120-$200 not including shipping. I charge by the square inch when it comes to my Hangars. What I usually do, and what works best, is you give me the dimensions you are looking for and picj what features you want, and I do a 3D mockup and give you a price quote. It can be adjusted from there. I also sell basic panels that are 16 inches square for about $30 each plus shipping. Miriya's setup that was shown previously went for about $115? Dorge correct me if I'm wrong. Blue has also gotten a couple of my panels as well.

Keep in mind also that I am booked solid until after WonderFest which is end of May. I have a couple folks on the waiting list for dioramas, I'm just trying to clear my work schedule before I take on new stuff. Folks here on Macross World are very patient and understanding. Been trying to ship out my Ground vehicle orders, as well. It's been busy in the Yeti's workshop!

Well it all depends. If you just want the parts made, and you assemble them yourself and paint a setup like this will go for about $200. A couple members have gotten similar setup that they assembled and painted themselves. Depending on what you want this setup goes anywhere between. $120-$200 not including shipping. I charge by the square inch when it comes to my Hangars. What I usually do, and what works best, is you give me the dimensions you are looking for and picj what features you want, and I do a 3D mockup and give you a price quote. It can be adjusted from there. I also sell basic panels that are 16 inches square for about $30 each plus shipping. Miriya's setup that was shown previously went for about $115? Dorge correct me if I'm wrong. Blue has also gotten a couple of my panels as well.

Keep in mind also that I am booked solid until after WonderFest which is end of May. I have a couple folks on the waiting list for dioramas, I'm just trying to clear my work schedule before I take on new stuff. Folks here on Macross World are very patient and understanding. Been trying to ship out my Ground vehicle orders, as well. It's been busy in the Yeti's workshop!

Thanks for the reply, Yeti! I will keep your words in my mind till the end of May. As you said that you won't make any extra sets for incoming orders until after the Wonderfest, am I right? Will PM you once I have done with my own dimension calculation, thanks! All the best to your Yeti's workshop!:)

That is correct. I'm basically clearing my schedule to reduce wait times. Got TONS of order for my Star Wars and BSG stuff that I need to clear as well as the orders for my Macross Ground Support Vehicles and Military vehicles. So In fairness to the members of this Site who have been waiting sooo patiently for their kits. I can't in good conscience take on new work till they are taken care of. Thanks for understanding. In the meantime send me a PM with your email so I can send you some pics of the extras that I offer for these kits. I have all kinds of greeblies and doors, I just did some crates and other accessories that add that extra touch to your hangar. Lot of guys say the hardest part is choosing just what to get out of all the different choices. Also be sure to let me know what scale you are looking at. If you get doors etc, I have to scale them appropriately.

That is correct. I'm basically clearing my schedule to reduce wait times. Got TONS of order for my Star Wars and BSG stuff that I need to clear as well as the orders for my Macross Ground Support Vehicles and Military vehicles. So In fairness to the members of this Site who have been waiting sooo patiently for their kits. I can't in good conscience take on new work till they are taken care of. Thanks for understanding. In the meantime send me a PM with your email so I can send you some pics of the extras that I offer for these kits. I have all kinds of greeblies and doors, I just did some crates and other accessories that add that extra touch to your hangar. Lot of guys say the hardest part is choosing just what to get out of all the different choices. Also be sure to let me know what scale you are looking at. If you get doors etc, I have to scale them appropriately.

Thanks for your offer, Yeti! I would definately consider of getting one when you ready for it! Like the topic said I'm only looking for 1/60 scale and I'd took a view of the Miriya's photo album, his the one that I need! Please drop me a PM when you are getting done of other prior projects.

Much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...