Your absolute favorite Macross toy you own...

drkstar00

I regularly fly my valks through the fog that my kid's humidifier makes and I pretend that it's clouds, so that wouldn't work for me... I mean, I used to... when I was a kid.... :unsure:

LMAO!

I mean, you need to get it wet and then wipe at it for it to come off. From my own experience, it's nearly impossible to wipe the stuff out of panel line grooves, even when wet. :)

The 1/60 YF-19...until the V2 gets made.

Macrossjunkie, awesome weathering on the Max VF-22S. To be honest, I really hated the pastel tones of the Max and Milia customs, and only bought the Gamlin custom. But that nice detailing and weathering you did on yours makes it look worlds better than what it looks like out of the box.

Too bad I have neither the skills nor an airbrush to detail it up, or I'd consider getting a Max custom of my own while it's on sale at HLJ and weather it up.

Thanks. I also wasn't too keen on the out of the box pastel-ness of the box, but I saw the potential of how good it could be after weathering. For this particular valk, I didn't use an airbrush at all. I just used the tamiya weathering kits and a can of flat clear coat. The kits are really nice and are easy to practice with since you can wipe it off if it doesn't look right.

LMAO!

I mean, you need to get it wet and then wipe at it for it to come off. From my own experience, it's nearly impossible to wipe the stuff out of panel line grooves, even when wet. :)

I have found that they can still be rubbed off by fingers if the grooves are not deep enough. I've had it rub out of shallow lines just from handling some toys panel lined with it, but that's when you clear coat it to prevent that from happening. To be fair, even using normal paint mixed with thinner can rub out of shallow lines, so it's just something you have to deal with or be careful of while handling.

Hasn't been released.........but like the new Macross World logo points out.....2012 is right around the corner....hopefully a surprise announcement soon! :rolleyes:

.....and now the long wait....

I officially declare it my favorite Yamato valkyrie....inevitable defects and all!!! :)

It'll be the first valk I deem worthy of a pre-order if available....or immediate buy when it becomes available...

Springtime release?.....

I have found that they can still be rubbed off by fingers if the grooves are not deep enough. I've had it rub out of shallow lines just from handling some toys panel lined with it, but that's when you clear coat it to prevent that from happening. To be fair, even using normal paint mixed with thinner can rub out of shallow lines, so it's just something you have to deal with or be careful of while handling.

True enough. I don't bother with clear coat since it's a hassle disassembling a valkyrie and I'm pretty lazy. :)

Though I do want to ask (for those that do clear coat) how you avoid matting over parts that should remain shiny/glossy, like the visor? They don't look like they come off very easily...

True enough. I don't bother with clear coat since it's a hassle disassembling a valkyrie and I'm pretty lazy. :)

Though I do want to ask (for those that do clear coat) how you avoid matting over parts that should remain shiny/glossy, like the visor? They don't look like they come off very easily...

I just used model masking tape (a bit thinner than normal masking tape) to cover any parts that needed to be glossy like the canopy, sensors, lights, visor, etc. and trimmed with a hobby knife.

Thanks. I also wasn't too keen on the out of the box pastel-ness of the box, but I saw the potential of how good it could be after weathering. For this particular valk, I didn't use an airbrush at all. I just used the tamiya weathering kits and a can of flat clear coat. The kits are really nice and are easy to practice with since you can wipe it off if it doesn't look right.

Man, now I'm really kicking myself for not having bought at set of those weathering kits while they were still available at my ocal hobby store!

If I could get results as good that those on your VF-22S Max Custom without an airbrush, I'd have several set of those kits.

Would diluting and mixing the paint with Future do the trick? I've heard that Future is pretty durable, and quite a few people prefer to dilute acrylic paints with the stuff to enhance durability and prevent chipping.

Edited by GU-11

• 5 weeks later...

Currently it is my 1/60 VF-1S Low Viz Focker...it's all about the black and gold, baby. Yes, us Pittsburgh, PA natives refer to that scheme as black and GOLD...

Edited by xrentonx