Your absolute favorite Macross toy you own...

drkstar00

If I can have only one...

It's a tough choice between my 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1S. I choose the TV 1/60 VF-1S then. The 1/48 loses for its chicken hands.

And the TV 1S can serve as Focker's valk or Hikayu's valk.

But if I REALLY can have one valk, I may as well don't own any. Valks are best in squads.

I change favourites, too. I really want to say the 1/60 Fire Valkyrie because it's such an excellent toy, but I'm just so afraid of touching it because it's so expensive, that it actually takes a lot of the fun away.

Maybe the VF-11C?

though i'm REALLY loving my new YF-19 1/60v.I, neither it, nor any other Valk could ever usurp my 1/60v.II VF-1J Hikaru T.V. as my no.1 favorite MACROSS toy.

it's simply the finest iteration, to date, IMO, of my favorite variant of what i consider to be the finest Mecha design of all time, variable form or otherwise...

DSCF2569.jpg

VF-1JYAMATOstrike-a-pose2-21-111.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Changes from time to time. Currently a joint tie between the Yamato 1/60 VF-19Kai and the Bandai 1/60 v.2 VF-25F.

In the past it has been:

Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru with Strike Packs.

Yamato 1/60 VF-11B.

Yamato 1/60 VF-0S.

Bandai 1/65 VF-17D DX.

Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valk.

Graham

Collectable toy I would say the Yamato SDF-1 hands down.

As to one I am actually not afraid to screw around with any day of the week I would say any of my VF-1 1/60s cracking shoulders and all. Hands down they are my favorite toys period. Now I only need a 1/60 Max and Mira to complete my collection......whenever/if Yamato ever re releases those. :(

Edited by logos

I don't really have a single favorite, but I'd have to say the YF-19 and YF-21 are tied in first place. MacPlus was the first Macross anime I watched as an adult, and as I've said many times, was my reintroduction into the Macross franchise.

But nostalgia aside, the MacPlus designs were a huge leap in design style from the VF-1, especially the YF-19.

In terms of looks alone, I'd have to go with the VF-22S Gamlin. Sleek and deadly.