Interview Questions for May'n for AFA 2011

vanpang

May'n actually went to visit all those places Sherly had her date with Alto in the TV series! See May'n private blog below :

http://ameblo.jp/mayn-blog/image-11286742507-12046918019.html

I suppose you can clearly say that May'n is Sherly friendly! Scroll/click to the left - some really funny pics she took (can't help laughing).

You can see she's a natural joker! Even in those 'Making of......' in the bonus clips of her concerts you can see she's joking around whenever the opportunity arises.

^Those cosplayers were at the concert in San Francisco.

Awesome concert by the way! Met May'n afterwards and told her who I was on her blog, she was extremely excited about that! My friend who went with me, has never heard of May'n or listen to anything Japanese, but she is big in the music scene and goes to at the very least 1 concert a week. She was extremely impressed by May'n and her band.

Hey, glad that you met her face to face Seanzilla! Did you manage to shake her hand?

The first time I met and shook her hand, I was really thrilled. Jokingly I told my members that I'll never wash that hand again. Maybe even go as far as vacuum sealed it in a plastic, we then head for the lift and when the lift door opened, what a surprise! Fukuyama (Basara of Macross 7) was in the lift all alone! We went in and like Wow! Whoa! Yeah!. It was an awkward moment as that was all of us could say (We can;t speak Japanese and he can't speak English) Shook his hand with the same hand and like WoW! 2 Macross idol few minutes apart and on one hand.......

Of course I had to wash the hand, I don't have any spare hands I could keep it vacuumed sealed unfortunately.......sob sob!

Twice! I shook her hand as we greeted each other. But when I told her who I was on her blog, her face lit up, and she said "you write to me everyday!!!" and shook my hand again. Then said "thank you so much!" I wish I could have take a picture with her. They wouldn't allow them, and Yoshi's had their security guys walking around to check. But I still snuck a few while in line to see her.

Ha ha. Guess you had an eventful night! Even during AFA, in Singapore the security is more lax on other artiste but when May'n turn to perform, they come around more often. I guess the company is trying hard to protect their big star.

It's quite clear her English has improved a lot. Last year, one of her translators told me that on one occasion May'n answered the question before she had a chance to translate it. Still, I guess she still have a long way to go before she can answer all the questions without a translator. Like in the review by <EXO> and other comments 'it sounds rehearsed' - I guess it can't be help because English is not her native language and some words are not pronounceable in Japanese. Another thing is that Japanese is 'wired' backwards - 'Sayonara no Tsubasa' (literal translation : Goodbye of Wings') This can really be quite confusing when constructing sentences. In order to keep time, she works with a limited vocab, reuse words and simple to rehearse and memorize it. On top of that she has to memorize lyrics for 20 odd songs - not an easy thing to do. (most of the time we only remember the chorus parts)

I remember seeing on youtube one occasion where she fumbled. I think is was Animusic Shanghai 200X. She was giggling to herself because she'd realized she forgot the words. But instead of skipping it, she went ahead anyway. She was suppose to greet the fans in Mandrin ' Ni How Mah?' (How are you?) But since she had forgotten, she revert back to how she's 'wired' and it came out as 'Ni Mah How? (How's your Mum?) It was amusing but at the same time painful to see your idol going through it.

A friend that I met during May'n concert back in 2010 (a Singaporean and also fellow Macross fan) has just arrived at Hangzhou a day ago to catch May'n show. Man, I wish I was going there with him. But anyway, I'll be waiting for his review as well as a songlist.

This is the song list from RYB Hangzhou. Can someone confirm these are the same songs she performed in SF & LA?

01.HEAT of the moment 02.HERO 03.Kimi Mo Shinita Kotona Nakare (Thou Shall Not Die - OP fr Shangri-La) 04.?? - Eternity

05.Kidan No Elixir - Forbiden Elixir (Macross F - Sayonara no Tsubasa) 06.Giant Step (Kamen rider) 07.Smile: D 08.Phonic Nation

09.? - light, shine 10.Scarlet Ballet (OP - Hidan no Aria) 11.Get it on (Macross F - Sayonara no Tsubasa) 12.LION -May'n Ver.- (Macross F)

13.DOLCE 14.Ready Go! (OP - Okamisan & 7 friends) 15.DIAMOND CREVASSE (Macross F)

encore 16.Brain Diver (OP - Puzzle of God) 17.Number One 18.Chase the world (OP - Accel World)

The song that uses the towel is - Number One. and not 'XYZ' as I earlier thought.

Thanks to the fan who went to Hangzhou for this list.

Thanks for the confirmation Seanzilla. Hmmm..... no 'Iteza - don't be late'. No 'Northern Cross' and no 'Universal Bunny'

Really miss 'Uni Bun'. Love that dual voice act. (see/hear what I mean at 'Christmas without you' concert 2010 Budokan. Come to think of it, the other songs were sung by her during the 'Heat of the Moment' concert at Yokohama, 20th March 2012 (which I managed to briefly watched before it was taken off youtube). Probably she didn't want to repeat it at the tour. Maybe she'll 'ROCK' you with it next time round!

A surprising thing happened to my fellow Macross fan who went to Hangzhou for RYB. When he told me it was like he's in a daze. He went to her during a hand shake event and she suddenly said 'Hi, long time no see you!' At that moment he could only smile....... (gone to Heaven). Interesting! Cause all this while I thought she recognize me because of the Macross t-shirts that I wear. I mean, she probably sees and meet at least a thousand people during her tour and to be able to remember your face, well......a big plus for her fans!

Here is a post San Francisco concert interview.

Cute as always.

For the LA interview a few post I would like to mention how different her stage/sexy rock vixen persona and how she conducts the interview so cute and innocent. May'n truly is the Universal Bunny!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like part 2 is still not ready yet.

Anyway, if any of you are wondering why the SONG LIST plays an important part?

1.To enjoy the concert even more, incase she sings one of the songs, not on your personal list of favorites. I mean, she CAN tell if the audience knows the song or not - they react differently, after all, SHE'S PRESENT AT ALL HER CONCERTS (......I know this sounds strange - imagine if we all attend the concert and she's not on stage!) That's how she gauges if the crowd heard her songs before coming.

If you know - then you would immediately react.

If you don't - you would probably stare blankly at her.

2.Here's another fun thing to do once you have the list :

Download the all the videos and play them in that order and relive that magical moment in the concert!

Here's something new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4hkxPYMezE&feature=related

Looks like part 2 of RYB Hangzhou will not be ready in the nearest future.

So while we wait...here's something - behind the scenes for 'bucho's' PHONIC NATION documentary

http://www.youtube.c...kRzsc6SBLM&NR=1

But in the meantime, if you want to look at some really, really good cosplayers that we managed to interview in AFA Malaysia, here's the link :

http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=37329

They're one of the top teams in Korea and their leader Tasha, started because she saw Sherly in Frontier and has since then have all her costumes. Oh, their costumes are all made by themselves!

Edited by VF25-F

This is part 2 and this one has lots of things to see.

A few things to note:

That small bicycle must really difficult to pedal......

Why is she running back and forth on that mock up stage? Because the real stage is a few times the length of it.

X marks the spot.

At 10.28, it's the first time she's on that crane on the actual location and she's terrified! (you can hear her scream!).Hmmm....now we know...she's afraid of heights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_jB8Qro7Y&feature=related

I really love her performance. Very energetic (she fully utilizes the stage and lots of movement) and she can really draw in the crowd to do things. Unfortunately, there's no RYB near my region due to her tight schedules : ( . By the way, did she dye her hair?

Here's more from Yokohama arena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtVdJaptZ84&feature=related

Having heard the news that May'n is coming for AFA 2012 in November, we immediately requested for media passes to interview her during the 2.5 day event (though the PR correspondent informed us that they haven't gone to that stage yet but will acknowledge our request).

Not having to see her solo concert this year was a real bummer (you might say that I took it for granted that we, on this side of the world would get to see her twice a year (BIG Waaaaave + AFA2010, Unite! + AFA2011) was sort of a wake up call.) So next time - don't think, don't even hesitate, JUST GO!

So this time round, I have lots of questions to ask her and since we'll be seeing her in person....if you have any messages you would like to pass to her or questions (may able to squeeze in - but will see what we can do.) Just post them here like last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_tV7v1QrFw&feature=related

There is a saying among us fans - As May'n chases the world, we fans chases after her.

I forgot to mention that there's a closing date for your questions and/or messages which is on 5th of November cause I will need some time to put everything together (press conference is on 9th - interview will commence after that or the next day)

I still owe one fr Seanzilla from last year. Do you want me to ask the same question about her previous albums under another label?

This is actually a good event to ask as they provide a translator during the interview. My questions will roughly cover her entire year's event from May'n Go Around concert to the end of Rock Your Beats tour which will end on 19th October just one day short of her Birthday. She seems pretty pumped up on her overseas tour - so it's a good time to send her some good messages and get her to come back next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpxKD58kpOw

Heat of the moment - May'n Go Around (Yokohama concert)