Yippee-ki-yay, motherf*ckers! John McClane is coming back for another Die Hard adventure on Valentine's Day 2013. A Good Day to Die Hard will be directed by John Moore (Max Payne, Behind Enemy Lines). Bruce Willis will once again play his iconic action film character John McClane, while Jai Courtney (Varro in Spartacus: Blood and Sand) plays his son Jack. Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Lee in Death Proof) reprises her role as McClane's daughter Lucy from Live Free or Die Hard. Playing the villains are German actor Sebastian Koch, Cole Hauser (William in Pitch Black, Benny in Dazed and Confused) and Russian supermodel Yuliya Snigir.

Official Site
Die Hard 5 Gets Title, Plot and Release Date

Edited by areaseven

The last one was fun, no where near the level of 1 or 3. It's better watching the unrated version which they basically shot an R rated film at the same time and just used the PG-13 edit. I don't like the resume of this director though. Bring back John Mcteirnen obviously the only director that understand John McClane, just clear up those criminal charges and we are good.

Quiet Keith, the last Rambo was awesome.

And just imagine how awesome it would be for some euro-trash army to get it from two directions at the same time! Wait, I've got a better idea. After that movie, both John's could be cryogenically frozen in prison for blowing too much sh!t up, and in 200 years unfrozen by a clone of Bill Paxton's character from Aliens to lead a group of space marines against more Aliens...on Christmas, in an office building!! IN THE JUNGLE!!!

Nah but seriously, I'm up for another Die Hard (and rambo for that matter). But I think Ahston Kutcher should play Han's son come back for revenge by marrying John's ex-wife, then cheating on her. And then John throw's him off a building... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhF5rlBizOA

Edited by Keith

Hmm. Maybe this time McClane will take out a Saturn V rocket just like that VTOL fighter jet in 'Live Free. In any case I'm game-I just hope they don't pair him up with his daughter or Samuel Jackson or something to that effect...

Hmm. Maybe this time McClane will take out a Saturn V rocket just like that VTOL fighter jet in 'Live Free. In any case I'm game-I just hope they don't pair him up with his daughter or Samuel Jackson or something to that effect...

What if the paired him with Chris Rock?

The last Die Hard was decent (I only saw the DVD version, no idea what the theatrical version was like). That said, unless this new movie gets stellar reviews I will not be going to see it in the theater - and since I'm probably a key demographic for that movie (what young kid wants to go see a Bruce Willis flick anymore?) that probably does not bode well for them.

The last Rambo movie was actually decent, far better then the second or third movies were. The third movie I started laughing the instant the so called "Special Forces" guy goes driving around with his headlights on, and I didn't stop through the whole movie - which would not have been a bad thing if it was supposed to be a comedy.

It's him and his son in Russia this time.

• 8 months later...

Color me surprised that John Mclaine doesn't team up with John Rambo in this one... Man that'd be awesome!

Aren't they making that movie? I think its called "Expendables 2"... ;)

And, oh, I presume following long established Hollywood tradition, Sir Patrick will be playing the bad guy? ;)

You know - IF they were making tons of really great action movies today - I'd say "screw another Die Hard"

BUT

Since most modern cinema is total trash - I am more than happy that this is coming out :-)

Pete

• 2 months later...

You know - IF they were making tons of really great action movies today - I'd say "screw another Die Hard"

BUT

Since most modern cinema is total trash - I am more than happy that this is coming out :-)

Pete

Watch The Raid and Dredd. Either one is worth more than a hundred of these kind of sequels.

It's the same as every single Die Hard movie: Bruce Willis kicking ass. And that's all we need to know.

\

Well hopefully this time around if Lucy Generro McClain is in it we get to see some of her skin, but doubtful considering Mary Elizabeth Winstead strikes me as a prude on film...

\

Well hopefully this time around if Lucy Generro McClain is in it we get to see some of her skin, but doubtful considering Mary Elizabeth Winstead strikes me as a prude on film...

She's really was the best part of the last one...

I get my weekly dose of cheesy anti terrorist action with awesome gunplay with Strike Back. Best guilty pleasure ever.

She's really was the best part of the last one...

I get my weekly dose of cheesy anti terrorist action with awesome gunplay with Strike Back. Best guilty pleasure ever.

Oh really? Gonna have to check that out...

• 3 months later...