New to 3D modeling

Jasonc

Been doing this a while. Jason your efforts are looking good, It's not easy getting some of those parts to fit right, I KNOW!

True. I think my only saving grace is a strong mathematics background (have a degree in electriconics engineering) and a background in architecture of electronic circuits. Although I don't work in the field anymore, I've been able to take the math, and all the design aspects, and apply it to the arts, I guess. I'm putting together some more designs, but I want to make sure these designs done meet my standards. If they meet those, I think they'll be ready for reproduction.

Every day, I thank God I'm not studying electrical engineering. I'm almost done with physics 2 and I have to say it: I hate electricity! It's always been the one thing I have not been able to fully wrap my brain around. I still have to deal with circuit analysis, but that's going to be next fall...

Every day, I thank God I'm not studying electrical engineering. I'm almost done with physics 2 and I have to say it: I hate electricity! It's always been the one thing I have not been able to fully wrap my brain around. I still have to deal with circuit analysis, but that's going to be next fall...

It gets very complicated, but the key has always been to simply take each circuit board and follow the circuit in segments. In any case, if you think of it as a water system, it simplifies it. That always helped me.

• 1 month later...

Just got the gun after it has been fixed and had some issues addressed. I'm not going to recast this piece, but if you want one, you can order it here: http://www.shapeways.com/model/396147/ Attached are pics of the piece, and if you decide to get one, it'll be the same as what is in the pictures. It's probably preferable if you get it in the WSF Polished material, instead of the regular WSF material. Anyways, enjoy.

post-582-0-48571600-1325737111_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-45335100-1325737125_thumb.jpg