Kit's Power

Rock

I hope what I'm doing this time is acceptable. Sorry for posting the link for the alternative painting scheme.

Mine was ordered directly from Starship Modeler Store years ago and it's still available for pre-order. They are the people who have the original masters of the kits. And they also provide a full review and build up of the kits.

Review:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/jb_booster.htm

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/sb_crawler.htm

Buildup

http://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/1802_61/172-booster-launch-vehicle.cfm

ahiachris I ordered an Atmospheric Booster kit from Starship Modeler 2 years ago and the kit was awful, it needs a LOT of work and resculpt, my kit even has pieces of the silicon mould. Tell me, have you already received your kits from starship modeler? How was the quality? Maybe only mine was ugly.

• 7 months later...

Not to be a jerk, but there are a lot of inaccuracies with it. The feet are way off and the engine compartment. So they are copying and not looking at the line art <_< - MT

Not to be a jerk, but there are a lot of inaccuracies with it. The feet are way off and the engine compartment. So they are copying and not looking at the line art <_< - MT

I think this is done for a very specific business reason that has little to do with adhering to 'canon'. From reviewing their other products, I think they care little for the integrity of the subjects themselves.

I think this is done for a very specific business reason that has little to do with adhering to 'canon'. From reviewing their other products, I think they care little for the integrity of the subjects themselves.

Why? Just because they do nothing but recasts, and rip on how bad the original kits are while they're doing said recast? Because they steal MWer's photos to advertise their recasts? Why would you think they have no integrity? sticking-out-tongue-emoticon.gif

(I fully, 100% agree with you, in case people can't tell)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is a recast of my kit. The guy doing it's real name is Kenny Lam, he is from hongkong. Everything he sells is recast, his standard operating procedure is to open up a online store sell poor quality recasts, when he starts to get a bad reputation he runs some credit card scams then drops of the radar and opens up under a new identity.

Wayne Pugh

Scale Solutions

So anyone ordering from this guy just opens themselves up to lose a lot of money thinking that they're saving money on other people's kits. Great...

Thanks for the heads up, even though I think most everyone here already hates the guy.

The pic, just take it down. Way to offer free advertising for them...

Nope, not advertising for, warning against (please note I blurred out the address on the pic I stole borrowed from the site). Show what he's hawking, so that if people see it popping up on eBay or somewhere else, they'll know these are the ones to avoid.

Hi,

I'm new to the hobby. I found a website for resin models, e2046. Does anyone know if they're also recasters? If not, how is the quality of their kits?

Yes, they're recasters. Probably 95% of sites where you find a huge variety of various series' resin kits are going to be recasters. I will admit that I've bought from them before (a long out of production VF-2SS Valkyrie 2), and the quality was really good.

My rule, if you can find the original kit, buy that. If it's long out of production, your conscience call.

Not again! Then again, is it the same kit? I recall it being one piece in parts and not in halves going down the centerline. I never had one though. - MT

While it may not be broken down exactly the same it is definitely based on Wayne's kit. Looks like this rat bag has got a hold of a kit, sliced it down the guts and called it his own. The vertical split was on purpose so that there woud be no cleanup required along the trench which (on Wayne's kit) contained greebly details.

Cheers,

Brett

Kit's Power are as far as I know only offering recast items, some with minor mods. They actually do not even recast there own kits as my casting friend was approached by them to recast some of their stuff but apparently they pushed the prices so far down that it is not possible for my friend make money. The last I heard all their kits are now made in China using Chinese resin.

Kit's Power, AE-MODEL SHOP, METAL CAT HOBBIE, SMS HOBBIE STORE, GundamProShop, and variations of these names, Are all the same people and 95% of what they sell are recasts.

When you purchase of there websites you go through there shopping cart software and you think you are just paying via PayPal but your not! its not secure! and there skimming you credit card details or PayPal logon details.

If you have purchased through them you should change you PayPal Pass word, check on the the credit card linked to you PayPal account, and if you payed direct with a credit card defiantly check. If you payed with a credit card link to a PayPal account or direct you should contact you bank about the original transaction and probably get you card cancelled and a new one issued.

I know this because I have had several people contact me that brought a recast of my Kit VIA them, then contact me and tell me the problems they have had.

Wayne Pugh

Scale Solutions

Edited by Scale Solutions

Rubbery resin, soft detail. There was a photo copy of my instructions in the kit but the kit was not in the same parts breakdown, as the recasters had assembles some of the parts before they recasting it. The parts of my kit that have cast in metal supports did not have them. One of the people, there credit card had been billed for kits they did not purchase.

Wayne Pugh

Scale Solutions

Wow that is crazy. I can't understand how these guys keep getting away with this. Wayne I feel bad that you had to go through this. it sucks that they even swindled you out of your kit as well.

Thanks for the info and Welcome to Macross World!

Edited by tundrayeti

Some of your information I find odd. SMS is known for having amazing recasting qualities, particularly in the Gundam genre which is far from the picture you have painted. Also as far as I know they have been SMS for around 7 years I think, so I don't think the input about them closing down, and reopening under a different name is likely hood in this case. More like different casting companies all in the same house/ring.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly dislike recasting nor am standing up for what they are doing. Some of the info just seems fishy, (nothing against the Mr. Fish.)

Edited by Rock

one persons rubbery, oily, bubbly, reject is another persons grail kit.

They don’t close them down completely, when they burn one identity to the point sales drop off they start up a new one to generate new sales. There are always people ready to line up and buy recasts just because there cheaper. Kit’s power is the 3 identity that I know of that they have been selling recasts of my kit under in the last year or so, the original website they were using now seam to have disappeared.

its not hard to spot when someone is up to something doggy, they don't have any real contact details, because they don't want to be found when you realised they ripped you off.

I think that what most people don't realise is the true cost of recasters is less new kits. I have not done any new macross stuff because I know this lot of recasters target that stuff, so if I produce something new they will eventually get hold of a copied and recast it. Recasters buy there nature are out to make a quick buck, so there not going to produce new kits because there is to much time, effort and skill in doing that.

I stand behind what i have said, you can go to my website and find me, you can send me real mail, you can phone me up, and like members of this forum have done come around to my workshop for a talk. Try finding the real contact details for these recasters. The only contact details they have openly on there website is a email address, no phone number, no snail mail address, no real name, certainly no business registration details.

I have told you what i know about how they operate, but i’m sure that will not stop people buying of them just because they have the kit they want at half the price of the original. Karma will deliver these people what they deserve.

caveat emptor

Wayne Pugh

Scale Solutions

I should add too, that as fare as I can tell they brought the original kit of me paying via PayPal, but the credit card they used to fund the transaction was stolen witch did not come to light until a month or so after I had shipped the kit, so they ended up not even paying for it.

Wow, you really got screwed twice over there. If it wasn't so inappropriate, one might even laugh at the black irony of the situation. Recasters like this really do ruin the field for new kits. But take a look at Chinese manufacturing at the moment - I have clients who are reticient to release new products because they know that as soon as they do a cheap Chinese copycat knock-off will come out and undercut them immediately.