Hey guys! I just completed a new marker drawing. Another from Gundam.

Here is the thumbnail. Clicking on it opens a link directly to the page on my website because, honestly, I could use the traffic.

Feel free to comment here in the O/T thread, or directly on the website.

thumbs_colorpost.png?i=504451568

Remember, liking Asplenia Studios on FB or G+ can win you a free t-shirt. Just sayin'...

Spectacular work. I like the line art and the colors (and the fact that the RX-78NT-1 Gundam Alex is one of your favorite Gundams, as it is mine). I don't want to get anyone's expectations going or anything, but I've occassionally pondered some kind of custom artwork piece for my website to serve as a one-of-a-kind splash page. I was even going so far as to think about paying to have a piece of art commissioned. I looked over your site and FAQ but couldn't determine if you do commissions. Perhaps you can let me know. I have ideas and not sure if my direction is compatible with you, but it might be worth discussing if you're interested.

Great drawing! I love the details & the coloring (shading & blending). I'm also a fan of Zeta & its variants. My only minor, minor suggestion is to make the highlights consistent. Most of the shading suggests that the main light source is upper front & right. I'm not entirely sure but the highlights on the cockpit cover, shield, & neck cover appear to come from directly in front (where the viewer is). The light grey/white sections could use highlights too. Very, VERY minor. I always look forward to your mecha pieces. Great work as usual! It makes me want to get out my pencils and practice...

Do the French spell "control" with an "e"' at the end?

Do the French spell "control" with an "e"' at the end?

I'm not entirely sure. I think there is a conjugated form that is spelled that way, but with a circumflex over the second 'o'.

I intentionally misspelled it b/c some of the stickers on the MG misspell it the same way. It's a bit of a tongue-in-cheek homage to some of the bad misspellings of English that the Japanese do.

:p

I'm not entirely sure. I think there is a conjugated form that is spelled that way, but with a circumflex over the second 'o'.

I intentionally misspelled it b/c some of the stickers on the MG misspell it the same way. It's a bit of a tongue-in-cheek homage to some of the bad misspellings of English that the Japanese do.

:p

http://en.wiktionary...i/contr%C3%B4le

Nevertheless, cool reason for including it. Now if only we could completely get rid of Janglish spellings and Japlish word usage...

Edited by sketchley

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there everyone! I was organizing and packing up some documents and came across these old Patlabor drawings I did from from 2001 (actually, photocopies of them... I think the originals are lost).

Click on the images to be directed to the blog post with the full images (as always, my site could use the traffic).

Feel free to comment on the blog post or directly here in the O/T thread.

...man, these are OLD!!!

thumbs_patlabor-unit-1-bw_small.png?i=1657095785?1356172727445

thumbs_patlabor-unit-2-bw_small.png?i=1950317397?1356172744306

thumbs_patlabor-unit-3-bw_small.png?i=1145121834?1356172755968

A companion piece to the poster I did for Xmas 2011 (posted earlier in this thread) is under construction.

Here's the rough pencil I did to plan it out, and what stage it's in now. This is basically my family as sky-pirates from Miyazaki's Porco Rosso.

post-4688-0-43330800-1356827485_thumb.jpg

post-4688-0-84635000-1356827496_thumb.jpg

Edited by PetarB

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Macross lovers I am all time reader of this forum and a lucky owner of a vf-25 alto saotome renewal and a yf-21 with a lose kawamori side wing ;) (i don't mention my vf-1j i think its a most have item for being register to this forum )

I decided to share some of my works here hope you like them critiques are more than welcome

http://www.behance.net/gallery/The-Adventures-of-Nonoton/6630807

Hello Macross lovers I am all time reader of this forum and a lucky owner of a vf-25 alto saotome renewal and a yf-21 with a lose kawamori side wing ;) (i don't mention my vf-1j i think its a most have item for being register to this forum )

I decided to share some of my works here hope you like them critiques are more than welcome

http://www.behance.n...Nonoton/6630807

I love that! Those would make fun toys.

Now if only we could completely get rid of Janglish spellings and Japlish word usage...
Hear hear!

awww, now where would be the fun be in that?

this wondrous little site ought to give the two of you fatal strokes; http://www.engrish.com/

That's my fave version of Zeta by far. Still haven't built my MG kit of it though...

i've long since finished my PG of the original ZETA...

1-60PGZGUNDAM3-4-102.jpg

PGZGUNDAM12-11-09.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED3.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED2.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM10-23-09.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

• 3 months later...

A lot of mech designs favor fashion over function and utility. My inspiration here is the functionalappearing aesthetics of Appleseed's landmates (espcially early on, I think they get more fanciful as the volumes progress). In my head, I totally can see the functionality of the design on the left (it is the first iteration), especially for what the mech is designed to do. But for some reason I keep getting the feeling people will just see it as campy.

???

Obviously there is a lot more refinement to go into the whole thing, but the basic shape, as it is, has finally kind of jelled for me, except for the bottom half of the legs.

Here's some of my stuff. Most of it is pretty old. Sorry if some of the images are kinda small, they're from my sketchbook thread over at conceptart.org - didn't wanna rescan 'em. They're all graphite and/or graphite and charcoal on either illustration board or sketchbook paper. Some are finished, most are not.

post-2604-0-72132600-1367187743_thumb.jpg

post-2604-0-54964500-1367187744.jpg

post-2604-0-23861700-1367187745_thumb.jpg

post-2604-0-38712400-1367187746_thumb.jpg

post-2604-0-53313700-1367187747_thumb.jpg

post-2604-0-17587400-1367187748_thumb.jpg

post-2604-0-77788300-1367187748_thumb.jpg

post-2604-0-44881700-1367187749_thumb.jpg

post-2604-0-07335000-1367187750_thumb.jpg

OK, I'm looking particularly for opinions on the lower leg design. Right or left?

attachicon.gifDPGmecha 1.png

I love this design. The one on the right is my favorite. I don't think you're sacrificing anything that significant by going with the thicker legs; this mecha is in no danger of being too showy or over-designed. The only danger I see in this design is being too awesome :)

Interesting designs, bro! I love boxy designs, but I can never do them right.

What are they for (if you don't mind my asking)?

Thanks! I went to your website, keep them coming. :)

They are for an indie game project, Event Alpha. It's a 3rd person shooter mecha game.

• 5 months later...

Some artwork I am working on my book rewrite. Exo helped me my doing the lineart of the characters on the front cover. Also, the text on the back cover is not final either. I would appreciate any comments.

Front Cover:

S-war-1-cover.png

Back Cover:

OnDaggersWings-BackCover.png

I'll just say what I said about the cover for the first version:

I know this isn't a professional work, but the light aliased lines on the images that you pasted onto a black background make it look unacceptably slapdash. The sort of red flag that might warn otherwise interested parties not to buy something unpolished.

Also, the characters on the cover look a bit like fan art. I can't put my finger on it, but something looks slightly off.

I know, a book should be about the contents not the cover, but if that's the first thing one sees they might not look further.

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but I know how much effort you've put into this world and this story and I wouldn't want you to "go live" with a product that doesn't reflect the seriousness with which you take it.

The overall design and layout though look pretty solid.