1/60 Macross 7 VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie Emerald Force Unit Announced

GU-11

I must be blind because I thought Ronald was mostly yellow.

Not mostly red, like some real airplanes.

@ Clown face :rolleyes:

And in terms of real airplanes, FEW combat comissioned planes (military) actually have a red paint scheme. Although blue is not that common either, it is more prevalent.

Lastly:

ronald_guitar.jpg

I think everything should make more sense now :lol:

Back on topic, I'm actually considering pre - ordering one of these over the VF-25 v. 2 (thank you webshop exclusives). Is the color scheme more akin to the professional pictures provided by Yamato, or the external pic with it holding the gunpod seen earlier (which seems to have a much more metallic blue sheen to it)?

Edited by Archer

The original pictures are of the resin prototype, whereas the newer pics are of a plastic prototype. The later pics should be more representative of the final product but there are some pics of it in the latest Dengeki Hobby. So whenver we get scans that should give a better preview of what the final product will be like.

@ Clown face :rolleyes:

And in terms of real airplanes, FEW combat comissioned planes (military) actually have a red paint scheme. Although blue is not that common either, it is more prevalent.

What's Milia's excuse for having at least 4 red planes.

Also I don't think you know what a clown looks like.

post-1819-0-63133100-1319851279_thumb.jpg

That's a clown.

Besides, the Fire Valkyrie has the optional face with the white mouth part covered. It's pretty easy to swap out I hear.

The original pictures are of the resin prototype, whereas the newer pics are of a plastic prototype. The later pics should be more representative of the final product but there are some pics of it in the latest Dengeki Hobby. So whenver we get scans that should give a better preview of what the final product will be like.

All the pics we've seen so far come from Yamato and they are of the painted resin prototype.

See: http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_102/index.html?infolnk=index_pickup. The only plastic version there is in red and black.

I don't know about the scans we haven't seen yet though.

What's Milia's excuse for having at least 4 red planes.

Also I don't think you know what a clown looks like.

post-1819-0-63133100-1319851279_thumb.jpg

That's a clown.

Besides, the Fire Valkyrie has the optional face with the white mouth part covered. It's pretty easy to swap out I hear.

Well, I give you the Milia argument about flying red planes, but I've never owned any miria fighter lol, so I can't really comment on it :mellow: I was just giving my opinion on the nature of the fire valk's scheme vs. blazer valk....I don't really see how a milia argument translates into this situation. In my personal opinion, I think all red planes are ugly, so take that as you will ;) . Also, I don't think I gave any excuses for Basara flying a red plane [What's Milia's excuse for having at least 4 red planes],

Also, that "clown" VF-1 doesn't bother me. Why? Because a mass production toy hasn't been made of it, and even if it was, I would still call it ugly, and advise others to steer clear. Just giving my opinions, like most everyone else in this forum lol.

Not trying to incite arguments, lets just move on! :D

All the pics we've seen so far come from Yamato and they are of the painted resin prototype.

See: http://www.yamato-to...k=index_pickup. The only plastic version there is in red and black.

I don't know about the scans we haven't seen yet though.

I'm pretty certain that set of pics is not the resin prototype. You can tell by how difficult it is to see all of the details and how it seems to fit together a bit better. Look at the difference between the resin prototype at the top of the page and the plastic prototype in the rest of the pics. It's pretty clear different materials are used (not just because of the colour difference). If you look at the comparison pics with Kai the materials on them looks similar. That is what makes me so sure it's a plastic proto.

I could be wrong though. Feel free to let me know if I am.

Edited by Raptor One

Damn, sure glad I'm not a fan of M7. In local currency, the Blazer's selling for almost $900! That's somewhere around 300 USD.

Haven't checked the Fire Kai's price since I had no intention of buying, but it's got to be even pricier with the sound boosters included.

Also, that "clown" VF-1 doesn't bother me. Why? Because a mass production toy hasn't been made of it, and even if it was, I would still call it ugly, and advise others to steer clear. Just giving my opinions, like most everyone else in this forum lol.

Well, singing pilot or not, McDonald color scheme or not, Basara and the VF-19 Kai are the heroes and the flagship characters of the show, so that made the VF-19 Kai an instant buy in my book. But I love Macross 7, the concept, the songs and the designs so... yeah.

Also, I feel it's more of a Blazing Inferno versus Blue Angels. ;)

Nice, I didn't know they were using diecast for the elbow joints now.

What's the purpose of the extending arm in the second image? Is it just for the transformation to fighter mode?

yeah, you pull that extension out for fighter mode. There's a surprising amount of diecast on this mold. The shoulder swivels, the back plate, those arm joints, the ankles, all diecast.

Well, singing pilot or not, McDonald color scheme or not, Basara and the VF-19 Kai are the heroes and the flagship characters of the show, so that made the VF-19 Kai an instant buy in my book. But I love Macross 7, the concept, the songs and the designs so... yeah.

Also, I feel it's more of a Blazing Inferno versus Blue Angels. ;)

True, and I totally understand that everyone has their own opinions about every mold, just that the VF-19F seems to induce the widest split in terms of fandbase lol. I don't want to diverge this thread anymore than what it has been and start a Basara sucks vs. Basara rules flame war, lol.

Regarding the droopy gunpod, I was also wondering about that. The gunpod seems to be half the length of the Fire valk's gunpod size, so I wonder how that will end up looking...

I think the gunpod is supposed to collapse to clear the crotch plate in fighter mode.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/Asset_Archive/BRWeb/content/0003/449/259/assets/logo.gif

You can see how the foregrip is a separate piece from the rest of the gun. My guess is that it's supposed to collapse into the gunpod and they just didn't do that.

post-19-0-94307600-1319914695_thumb.jpg

Edited by eugimon

Is it just me or does it look kind of purple?

Nah, it’s only a colour aberration due to the colour configuration of the scanner. Here you are the pictures again with a little bit of PS edition:

post-12283-0-24307900-1319919544_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-79439000-1319919616_thumb.jpg

Amazing toy, beautiful proportions, great poseability! The head looks great in fighter mode. I guess it looks like the gunpod drops a bit because the plane isn’t completely horizontal when posed on its landing gears. I love it, but the VF-17 comes first.

I don't want to jump the gun on this one. Is the difference between the S and F versions simple just the change of the number of head lasers and a white rather than yellow stripe scheme?

Don't know if such minimalistic changes will warrant another $250. Might just stick it out till the F variant comes out.

I don't want to jump the gun on this one. Is the difference between the S and F versions simple just the change of the number of head lasers and a white rather than yellow stripe scheme?

Don't know if such minimalistic changes will warrant another $250. Might just stick it out till the F variant comes out.

The difference is the head configuration and paint color. No more different then the VF-1 schemes/configurations.

I know, but VF-1's are only around $100 a piece, not in the vicinity of $275 shipped a piece :p

You asked. I replied. It's not cheap. The way I look at it, there aren't too many more of these things to buy anyway. Instead of three (or six) VF-1's I'll have one VF-19.

I know, but VF-1's are only around $100 a piece, not in the vicinity of $275 shipped a piece :p

Where the hell are you getting it for 275 shipped? I've got mine ordered from HLJ and I'm expecting about $295. And just look at it, It's so sexy, you know you can't wait for one, you need it now... NOW....

NOW!!!!!! oh god I wan't mine... I can't take it any more please.... ughamafduiaddadafdafafnfiaofpjafan;fioadhfa'fafa

Have I mentioned that I'm really looking forward to the release of this particular toy?

^Congrats on the purchase (I take it you bought the Kai?). As for the $275 shipped, I couldn't recall exactly how much I got the toy for. I just looked again at my HLJ account, and yep, I dropped a good $293.45 to have this thing shipped here!

Holy Cow, I don't know what I was thinking at the time of clicking the purchase button....

Back to the issue at hand, yeah, I understand the complexity and whatnot justifies a $250 pricetag for each of these, but I was wondering if you guys would really be willing to drop another $250 just for a white rather than yellow paint scheme and 4 less headlasers so you can have the S and F variant.

A little off topic, but that means that the VF-17 is gonna be *shudders* like $350 after shipping :o

Based on what I usually pay for shipping from HLJ, this is to the US so you're mileage may vary, I estimate the VF-17 will be $325. Depending on who you are that $25 up or down may or may not matter. The change in the value of yen and the US dollar really is murder right now.