1/60 Macross 7 VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie Emerald Force Unit Announced

GU-11

Really? Only a $25 hike? I was expecting much more. If we cross reference the two prices (without shipping), the - 19 is about $250, where as the -17 is about $294, so maybe that $325 is from your shipping calculations? (your lucky if it is lol).

And yeah, please go up U.S. dollar. Among other things, your destroying the bank accounts of thousand's of U.S. toy collectors everywhere ^_^

The last time I had something shipped was via EMS and it was 3200 yen which is $42. I added that to the total cost of the Valks based on pre-order prices at Amiami and HLJ for shipment to the US. That's 22,550 or $297 for shipping for the VF-19.

^Congrats on the purchase (I take it you bought the Kai?). As for the $275 shipped, I couldn't recall exactly how much I got the toy for. I just looked again at my HLJ account, and yep, I dropped a good $293.45 to have this thing shipped here!

nope, Just talking about my VF-19S preorder. Since the VF-19S and the VF-19kai are the same price and presumably will come in the same size box, I'm just going on the assumption that the Blazer Valk will cost the same to ship as the Fire valk.

Right now HLJ list that as ¥2,560 which works out to $33.79. that plus the $261.38 means $295.17 out the door. :(

but it's so shiny and I want it.

Latest pics from the new Dec 2011 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Graham

Oh God.... I am drooling over myself, Graham you are the man, I just love those pics. I remember posting in the past for a request to Yamato to make a VF-19S and they have answered got to start saving up money now.

Actually, that's fine for me.. maybe I'll preorder one after all then. The blue keeps getting darker, and it keeps pushing closer to "Blue Angels" than the blue on the YF-21.. which is kind of too bad since the YF-21 should've been that color, but it might make me buy this one. I never liked the yellow stripes that much, but they keep looking better as the blue gets darker. ^_^

Heard their may be a delay with the 19S. Don't know the reason, but it may be pushed back a few weeks, so we could be looking at mid-Dec now.

Will try to find out more.

Graham

Gives me more time to save up and maybe save some more for the VF-17S

May have to order one as a birthday present to myself. My first Macross toy purchase since the 1/3000 Macross. (Was Bandai's original run of VF-25 toys before that.)

I need to get a VF-17, too!

Lastly:

ronald_guitar.jpg

I think everything should make more sense now :lol:

So, since many have been saying that the VF-19 Kai has a McDonalds color scheme, just for fun, I made my own interpretation of how the VF-19 Kai would look like it it had a real McDonalds color scheme with it being mostly yellow, some red and some white.

VF-19MD-1.jpg

Quite different from the very un-McDonalds blazing red awesomeness that is the VF-19 Kai. Picture courtesy of M3.

Edited by Actar

So, since many have been saying that the VF-19 Kai has a McDonalds color scheme, just for fun, I made my own interpretation of how the VF-19 Kai would look like it it had a real McDonalds color scheme with it being mostly yellow, some red and some white.

VF-19MD-1.jpg

Quite different from the very un-McDonalds blazing red awesomeness that is the VF-19 Kai. Picture courtesy of M3.

That Valk's feet aren't red like Ronalds! I'm passing on this Valk.

The Blazer is looking amazing, despite the yellow (a color which is infinitely detestable, except for minute markings. It should never ever ever be used as a primary or secondary color scheme). Very much awaiting pics of the VF-19F. I hope they use the same dark blue, as the white lines and accents will look awesome. Yamato will most likely liberate me of $300 for the "F".

The Blazer is looking amazing, despite the yellow (a color which is infinitely detestable, except for minute markings. It should never ever ever be used as a primary or secondary color scheme). Very much awaiting pics of the VF-19F. I hope they use the same dark blue, as the white lines and accents will look awesome. Yamato will most likely liberate me of $300 for the "F".

seriously?

Uhm, what about Roy?

I'd say it depends on the shade used. The colors on the Hi-metal VF-19S were downright fugly, because they put a bright yellow on a light-ish blue.

This? The darker blue makes all the difference, and the yellow markings look good now. They're not so big that they're terrible looking, and they remind me of the Blue Angels, so whee. ^_^ In fact.. if I find myself with the spare money for another, I might customize one into that scheme. But a VF-19P will take priority over that.

Funny though, I really can't think of any reason for the intake covers to be yellow. In fact, I wonder if that's just a mistake that managed to make it into the actual animation, as if they redrew the Fire Valk line art to make Emerald Force, and forgot to recolor that part. They were that way on the Fire Valk sure, but the standard VF-19s all had most of the yellow bits turn to either black or gray. In fact, aside from customized paint schemes, I think every valk has had gray intake covers (or perhaps ones that matched the valk's base color, like the YF-21/VF-27).

Really.. I might be tempted to repaint mine to a deep gunship gray, even on the VF-19F.. or at least come up with removable copies of them.

Eh i never imagined it matching Ronald's colors whenever that was mentioned, just that it matches the McDonalds logo...plus that face.

I just want to add:

Ozma

Gamlin

Iron Man

Gurren Lagann

Gunbuster

Grimlock

the X-men

Ahem, Bumblebee in all his many incarnations. Hound's trim. Sunstreaker. Grimlock, technically, was more of a gold color, but still a shade of yellow, if you will. The Batman logo, as well. I'm sure we could come up with hundreds of examples. As I said, exceptions. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my statement. I'll rephrase to say that I find yellow an undesirable color in many instances, but acceptable in others.

And since my hypocrisy has been exposed, I have to admit that I built an "Eggplane" based P-38 from LEGO, and I made the intake area of the nacelles yellow to match the photos of the real plane. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=453240

VF-19MD-1.jpg

After seeing this ony proves that someone has way too much time on his hands. But this is too funny after seing Machaniac's response, had piqued my curiousity of what he was saying this is quite funny way of making a point.