Basara Nekki

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Basara Nekki?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm having Basara's love child

Watch it now, you're getting borderline homophobic with your posts.

Since when is telling the truth being homophobic?

In no time I saw Basara to take a girl or fan to the bed.

Edited by Old_Nash

You're assumption that not taking a girl or air conditioner to bed indicating that someone is not heterosexual?

Just because something isn't shown, doesn't mean it's not there. Ie landing gear on most VFs. Just because we've not seen them animated doesn't mean they don't have them.

Now, if there is a specific thing that indicates the character is not heterosexual (as in he was spotted making out with the piano man), then indicate where it is in the official setting and no one will bother you about homophobia.

By your (lack of) logic, 99% of non-hentai anime characters are homosexual. If you can't discuss things civily, then I suggest you join a forum that's more akin to your type of discussion. Here, I'll even give you a link.

PERFECT FORUM FOR OLD NASH!

Edited by Keith

You're assumption that not taking a girl or air conditioner to bed indicating that someone is not heterosexual?

Just because something isn't shown, doesn't mean it's not there. Ie landing gear on most VFs. Just because we've not seen them animated doesn't mean they don't have them.

Now, if there is a specific thing that indicates the character is not heterosexual (as in he was spotted making out with the piano man), then indicate where it is in the official setting and no one will bother you about homophobia.

You do not understand.

I said Idid not see Basarain bed with anyone.

Now Isamu, awakened on Lucy's bed.

I'm not saying that Basara is gay, even more to leave behind 4 women (Mylene's sister that he would almost kissing).

If I gave the impression that characters that do not take to bed are gay, then Captain Harlock is Super-gay.

Edited by Old_Nash

Yeah, Docker was a jerk. Kinryu was so much more awesome. I mean, the man was dating Sally and Miho at the same time. :D

And Basara's Fire Excalibur does hold some appeal to me as on old Power Rangers fan.

Nah, power ranger mecha was more akin to Zoids.

Hmm, I'd say I'm ambivalent about Basara. The series definitely could have been shorter or perhaps found a way for Basara to grate less. I learn a bit about the series & him every time I read through these threads, so I can't really point to specifics without embarrassing myself. Heh, haven't watched it for probably a decade now. Although various people have pointed out Dr. Chiba has explanations for everything & there is lots of built-upon themes, I still recall it coming across more like magic than I expected. It's kind of why I lost interest in Macross Zero as it progressed. Macross Frontier is a whole other bag of worms for me.

Due to much of the anime & manga in the past decade (I think), I've actually been thinking it'd be refreshing to see more to 'force-of-nature' type characters where we're just along for the ride or watching them help out other characters. Then I see these debates & wonder, if its really something that'd be much better. I guess some point might point to this series as why it was a good plot point for Kamina to die (since someone mentioned TTGL).

Hmm, I'd say I'm ambivalent about Basara. The series definitely could have been shorter or perhaps found a way for Basara to grate less. I learn a bit about the series & him every time I read through these threads, so I can't really point to specifics without embarrassing myself. Heh, haven't watched it for probably a decade now. Although various people have pointed out Dr. Chiba has explanations for everything & there is lots of built-upon themes, I still recall it coming across more like magic than I expected. It's kind of why I lost interest in Macross Zero as it progressed. Macross Frontier is a whole other bag of worms for me.

Due to much of the anime & manga in the past decade (I think), I've actually been thinking it'd be refreshing to see more to 'force-of-nature' type characters where we're just along for the ride or watching them help out other characters. Then I see these debates & wonder, if its really something that'd be much better. I guess some point might point to this series as why it was a good plot point for Kamina to die (since someone mentioned TTGL).

Except in that case, Kamina was never the one with the "ability" it was always Simon. It occurs to me though, I don't think I've once seen you guys bitch about Gundam, specifically Zeta & onwards. "Newtypes are magic, the Zeta has power ranger psycomu attacks," etc.

It occurs to me though, I don't think I've once seen you guys bitch about Gundam, specifically Zeta & onwards. "Newtypes are magic, the Zeta has power ranger psycomu attacks," etc.

That's because the only good Gundam is G Gundam. No newtypes there!

Gundam's have faces, Mustaches, the whole shabang.

let's try to be more pedant here.

really haven't seen a Gundam mecha with a mouth that's not covered, in contrast to the M7 Fire-Valk or the MAXL.

of course, there's the over-ridiculous gundams on G, but i don't think those even count since G is not really canon like M7. :p

Edited by treatment

let's try to be more pedant here.

really haven't seen a Gundam mecha with a mouth that's not covered, in contrast to the M7 Fire-Valk or the MAXL.

of course, there's the over-ridiculous gundams on G, but i don't think those even count since G is not really canon like M7. :p

Wow, now G Gundam bashing. Do you guys even watch anime? BTW, take a close look at the F91 http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/f91/lineart/f91-openhead.jpg And tell me that thing doesn't have a mouth.

All Gundam types have eyes, and some variation on samurai armor mask/face. Hating on mecha for having something that resembles a face is a weakass argument to make.

Anyway, I think the original point was, why drag Gundam or any other anime into this? Let's not use weird stuff in Gundam to explain or contrast weird stuff that happens in Macross.

The point is that the things being complained about in Macross 7 are common themes/occurances in many anime series. Besides which, complaining about facial features on mecha is just as stupid as complaining about fingers on mecha. You guys might as well be crying out "robots should have claws, not hands."

Keith is trying to make us squint to see that the F91 Gundam he searched hard for has some kind of mouth that is comparable to the M7 Valks like Fire Valk or the Maxl.

It's like saying beetles look like bats coz both have wings.

Oy vey.

MAHQ is searching hard? You guys are hilarious! :)

I think the major charm and appeal of Macross in the mecha-dept was that the mechas were about as completely non-derivative of the old 70's robots, i.e. they don't remind anyone of the Mazinger Z or Getter or Raideen or Balatach or Mekander or etc, etc.

The exception to that being the Soundforce valks of M7 having faces, of course.

Having a mouth on a mecha in Macross is just stupidly silly and unnecessary, imo.