Basara Nekki

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Basara Nekki?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm having Basara's love child

not about being friends or whatever, but more like,

how many episodes and movies of M7 and still didn't get any amongst all those pretties?

that's just really weird.

:D

Does that make him less likable, though...? Or does it just make him more picky?

EDIT: As a corollary, the Macross 7 story takes about one year (2045-2046). How often did Hikaru get laid in the two years between episodes 27 and 28?

Edited by Gubaba

Why would anyone ask if Isamu is a better person to hang out with?

Nobody in the OVA who wasn't a woman trying to sleep with him did.

In fact, Myung and Guld have far more pleasant conversations with regular people than Isamu ever does.

Also considering the following:

In Touhou/Plus mashups, why is the YF-21 given Marisa's witch hat?

Both she and Isamu end most of their sentences with DA ZE~

Seems like they're made for each other.

Does that make him less likable, though...? Or does it just make him more picky?

or more suspect. :D

EDIT: As a corollary, the Macross 7 story takes about one year (2045-2046). How often did Hikaru get laid in the two years between episodes 27 and 28?

I reckon Hikaru just didn't have time and gotten more administration responsibilities after the battle of a sudden.

historically, we know Hikaru's all mopey of a 16yo kid and he at least wanted to peek, so we can still forgive him and such. He did explicitly got laid in DYRL.

in contrast, Basara's like how old again? he was not responsible for much of anything relating to colony administration.

I think Basara had more time and more girls chasing him for being the firebomber diva, while Hikaru was only trying to chase the idol Minmay.

or more suspect. :D

What does this have to do with "likable" again...?

I reckon Hikaru just didn't have time and gotten more administration responsibilities after the battle of a sudden.

historically, we know Hikaru's all mopey of a 16yo kid and he at least wanted to peek, so we can still forgive him and such. He did explicitly got laid in DYRL.

in contrast, Basara's like how old again? he was not responsible for much of anything relating to colony administration.

I think Basara had more time and more girls chasing him for being the firebomber diva, while Hikaru was only trying to chase the idol Minmay.

Well, maybe Basara is spending so much time learning to fly and sing at the same time, that chicks just get in his way. Otherwise, maybe he learned his lessons from Ziggy Stardust.

Anyway, what are you REALLY trying to say about his "likability"?

What does this have to do with "likable" again...?

Isamu's just more likable than him because Isamu's more studly and gets laid with the ladies. :D

Well, maybe Basara is spending so much time learning to fly and sing at the same time, that chicks just get in his way. Otherwise, maybe he learned his lessons from Ziggy Stardust.

I dunno about that. But if it floats your boat...

Anyway, what are you REALLY trying to say about his "likability"?

I'm saying Isamu's more likable than Basara.

Isamu's just more likable than him because Isamu's more studly and gets laid with the ladies. :D

I dunno about that. But if it floats your boat...

I'm saying Isamu's more likable than Basara.

I wonder then...if your girlfriend said, "Oh, I had a few too many drinks while hanging out with Isamu, so I spent the night in his room," would you like him more than if the same thing happened with Basara...?

Honestly the more you watch Plus and see how Isamu acts, like how he constantly boasts about being a high school star, you get the feeling they're purposely writing him as a jerk manchild who nobody really likes outside of sexual attraction or needing him to fly an airplane.

Guld's the real hero even if he is a sex offender.

Edited by VF5SS

Honestly the more you watch Plus and see how Isamu acts, like how he constantly boasts about being a high school star, you get the feeling they're purposely writing him as a jerk manchild who nobody really likes outside of sexual attraction or needing him to fly an airplane.

Guld's the real hero even if he is a sex offender.

No, Lucy and Millard are the only decent people in Plus.

I wonder then...if your girlfriend said, "Oh, I had a few too many drinks while hanging out with Isamu, so I spent the night in his room," would you like him more than if the same thing happened with Basara...?

LOL!

I ain't getting my gf even near Isamu in the first place.

However, I might have my gf hang out with Basara coz, you know, he's really safe with the ladies no matter how hot and eager the ladies would be.

LOL!

I ain't getting my gf even near Isamu in the first place.

However, I might have my gf hang out with Basara coz, you know, he's really safe with the ladies no matter how hot and eager the ladies would be.

And thus, the truism of "Bros before hos" is upheld.

Basara is a bro, through and through. And bros are more likable than non-bros, right?

No Kate and her husband are because Millard totally let one idiot chase after another idiot in an expensive airplane :3

True.

Okay, Lucy (who may have rotten taste in guys but is still cute), Kate (who can sing "My Boyfriend Is a Pilot" with the best of them), and her husband (who managed NOT to lose the kids at the garage sale) are the decent ones.

Does it really matter how many times a character is popular with the opposite sex? I mean this is very weird. Kawamori characters

seem very extroverted to the opposite end introverted ( though the leads tend to be very...ahem vocal). The point is now I guess who

appeals to you more based on I guess getting laid now (I don't see how it applies). If that is it then I've never really seen Basara

interested in anyone except maybe Sivil.

Basara was definitely in to Emilia before he found out she was Mylene's older sister.

Besides who'd any guy want to have as his wingman, a hotshot jock who'd hit anything with a skirt, or a rockstar chick magnet with discerning taste?

And thus, the truism of "Bros before hos" is upheld.

Basara is a bro, through and through. And bros are more likable than non-bros, right?

I don't think I can classify Basara as a "Bro" given that he's very "safe" and I don't think I can handle being blueballing myself like he can when it comes to hot and eager girls like Rex. :p

Besides, as much as a stud Isamu is, we all know he didn't mess around with a girl that's sorta/kinda/prolly-not-really involved with someone, especially if that someone is a mutual friend.

Don't confuse not hittin' anyhting with a pulse for not gettin' any. The facts are:

Basara's chick list:

-Rex

-Emilia

-Sivl

Basara however has two traits Isamu lacks. He know's not to dip his donut in the office coffee, and he know's not to kiss & tell. Basara's interactions with Rex are proof enough that they got together, not to mention there was plenty of off-screen time for it to happen. Rex is savy enough to know when to walk away, nd there's no way she would have fawned over Basara like she did if htey weren't having the occasional booty call. Second, do you really think Emilia would own a giant bra & not wear it on a sorite? The G's alone would warrent wearing it. The fact that her bra & panties were disgarded into the laundry, combined with zipped down flight suit to show she wasn't currently wearing one, proves that she & Basara got together while Pedro was napping. As for Sivil, do you really think Basara was singing the whole time they were on their universal tour? Sure Gigil was there, but what you didn't see was Gigil geting knocked out by Sivil & dropped off while she and Basara had their romp. He was later woken up & picked back up before delivering Basra back home.

Now of course you're wondering "why didn't Basara sleep with Akiko or Mylene." The answer to that is quite simple, Basara was "s-m-a-r-t-. As soon as he sleeps with Akiko, Ray would hit the sh!t, and you saw what happened to the last dude who dated Akiko!. As for Mylene, regardless of Milia's approval, you absolutel, under no circumstances whatsoever, no matter how tempting it would be, f^ck the daughter of the fleet commander. It's bad for him anyway you cut it, and ensures that Mylene hangs around way too much (not giving Basara time for Rex or anyone else). But then you ask, "what about Emilia, she was Max's daughter too?" At which point I have to remind you that Basara was "s-m-a-r-t." Emilia didn't live in her parents fleet, there's no way her paretns would find out, she was older than Mylene, and really, how often to you get to get with a Macronized Meltran? Totally worth the minimal risk.

Bonus - Flower Girl: Basara totally rocked her world back when he was foolish enough to sleep with groupies, and totally forgot about her.

Now how do I know these things? The same way I know that Kakizaki slept with whores in the red light distrct, and Hikaru actually "did" have sex during the course of the Macross series. That's right, do you really think Minmay slept on the couch? Anyone who believes that is just delusional.

Now let's get back to Isamu, Lucy wasn't hte first operator he slept with, but I can guaruntee you that he'd slept with enough to know better. Too clingy, and you do not dip your donut in the office coffee. As soon as you piss off your operator/girlfriend, you risk winding up in backwoods assignments doing sh!t clean-up work! In this case, why did Millard really let Isamu & Guld "steal" their fighters & go up against Earth's defense net? Because Millard was also hittin' Lucy, and wasn't too fond of sharring.

I don't think I can classify Basara as a "Bro" given that he's very "safe" and I don't think I can handle being blueballing myself like he can when it comes to hot and eager girls like Rex. :p

Besides, as much as a stud Isamu is, we all know he didn't mess around with a girl that's sorta/kinda/prolly-not-really involved with someone, especially if that someone is a mutual friend.

If that were true, there would have been no problem with Basara & "Honey." Basara wasn't "safe," he was just "smart." Do you think it's a coincidence that Bobby wound up in the Jamming Birds? Max intentionally put him there hoping he would become a target. Had he actually succeeded in having his "cake," Bobby would have wound up disappearing out an airlock.

Edited by Keith

historically, we know Hikaru's all mopey of a 16yo kid and he at least wanted to peek, so we can still forgive him and such.

Nonsense. The human race has been nearly eradicated, and he's TOO BUSY to do his duty to his species and procreate? I mean, Max wasn't too busy to save humanity, why couldn't Hikaru make time?

Not only should he not be forgiven, he should be COURT-MARTIALED for not being a father of three at the end of those two years.

Seriously if we're talking about how many people Basara slept with seems odd to me.

I mean a lot of this is very vague the trait he possese that way.

Besides most characters in anime are implied not always eplained and Basara is meant to be in this area questionable not hitting

anything really I mean he could easily. Rockstars have tons of kids and groupies( of both sexes I might add). That however

seemsmoot since this thread seems more like a popularity poll it seems to have turned into a Basara intrepretation thread.

This is the most interesting and funniest thread going on now. We've covered issues such as magic, AI, Top Gun, booty calls, drinking buddies, girlfriend's bestfriend, fanfics, karaoke and who got laid the most. Whenever Basara is mentioned in these forums the best quotes are always made around him.

By the way, The flower girl is indeed pure as snow. Like a dew on a leaf - she never goes #1 and she never goes #2. :)