Basara Nekki

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Basara Nekki?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm having Basara's love child

I feel when I post something you seem overtly hostile to my opinion Gubaba. Anyhoo which does everyone like you know who would you prefer. That seems to be the topic now.

Saying that Basara also pilots a Valkyrie is "overtly hostile"...?

So if I say that, say, Minmay sings, would that also be "hostile"?

Edited by Gubaba

Saying that Basara also pilots a Valkyrie is "overtly hostile"...?

So if I say that, say, Minmay sings, would that also be "hostile"?

c'mon, dude. you're just needlessly picking on him.

we all know what he meant.

if it pleases you, i'll restate his question:

Isamu == military pilot.

Basara == singer.

Isamu == military pilot.

Basara == singer.

Basara still pilots, yes?

And um...did Max say that Isamu was a better pilot than he was, or did he say that Basara was a better pilot than he was?

I dunno, man...maybe I'm misremembering, but it seems like Basara piloted a VF-19. Am I wrong?

But Basara don't fly, he plays. The problem is this.

Who saw the Dynamite, are... how shall I say... Not what to think when he actives and fly the valkyrie's mother of Elma.

And Basara sings so annoying when that character that "anime" French of Marathon...what is the name...Yoko, something like that...

Edited by Old_Nash

Who saw the Dynamite, are... how shall I say... Not what to think when he actives and fly the valkyrie's mother of Elma.

And Basara sings so annoying when that character that "anime" French of Marathon...what is the name...Yoko, something like that...

Again, I dunno...but when I watched Macross 7, I remember Basara being the pilot of a VF-19. Again, am I misremembering?

EDIT: It's been a while since I've watched it, so if I've got that wrong, please let me know.

Edited by Gubaba

First Roy was like Isamu when he was a regular pilot when he gets responsibilities he becomes more adjusted.

Let's see:

-Macross flashback episodes to the U.N. Wars do not show Roy being a reckless showboater who puts people in danger, just a womanizer.

-Macross Zero: Same.

Baseless assumption is baseless!!

Basara flys into danger very skill but you have to push your way through to get there you fly around in space without looking everywhere you collide.

Even deciphering your speech, you make absolutely no sense whatsoever. All I can deduce from this is that you've obviously only seen Macross Plus. Because nothing you're talking about happens in Macross 7 or Macross TV.

Isamu is a maniac but he is a flying genius from what I can tell he seems to predict movement by previsualizing patterns of movement via tactile movement his hands.

That's not Isamu, that's Amuro Ray!

If we're talking dangerous they both are no way they are regular military fighter pilots they don't cover each other of fly in formation.

Actually, Isamu was a regular military pilot until they shuffled him over to the test pilot division. Considering the history of the YF-19's testing, I don't think they intended for him to live through it. Basara on the other hand can be considered a special forces pilot, since he was officially sanctioned in a miilitary operation. As for "flying in formation," he did that with Sound Force, and protected the ENTIRE 7 FLEET!

They are both mavericks they move on their own without help.

WTF are you still talking about top gun for? Top Gun has nothing to do with this whatsoever. But while we're on the topic, Maverick wasn't even half the pilot that Iceman was, he wans't exceptionally skilled, and didn't even understand the concept of "jetwash." Idito.

As for helping or saving that is because of spiritia enemies. even so you can't just enter a battle doing what Basara did it is like singing to a crowd with automatic rifles no matter how you slice things going into a situation without the means to properly incapacitate an opponent can be deadly for both you and the people you save.

It's actually more akin to Neo (The Matrix) going into a crowd with automatic rifles, no danger whatsoever.

You at the very least need to stop the enemy if not kill them. And realisticly without the spiritia plot Basara couldn't hold up against Gavil without back up. Dangerous enemies require help and different types of help in the end even Basara acknowledge the need to have Gamlin at least cover him while he did his thing. i don't even know how we got on this subject anyway wasn't this about whether people liked Basara or not?

Has nothing even to do with Spiritia. Fact is, the U.N. Spacy was "WAAY" outgunned. The only outcome was death or surrender when you fight an enemy that overpowers you to that degree. How much sense does it make to keep throwing rocks at an enemy with tanks? No matter what you do, those rocks will never penetrate the tank armor, stop the treads, or make them stop shooting at you. At that point, singing to them and hoping they like your song enough to stop shooting at you is a much more productive excersize. How did we get on this subject? Your ignorance of what actually happens in the series.

Basara still pilots, yes?

And um...did Max say that Isamu was a better pilot than he was, or did he say that Basara was a better pilot than he was?

he's referring to Isamu's and Basara's primary roles/characteristics and asking which one is more likeable.

I don't think he was asking Max's opinion, either.

Again, I dunno...but when I watched Macross 7, I remember Basara being the pilot of a VF-19. Again, am I misremembering?

EDIT: It's been a while since I've watched it, so if I've got that wrong, please let me know.

In the last OVA, Basara use a VF-19P Excalibur to sing.

Actually, Basara flys and sings, he doesn't play at the same time (until Dynamite anyway). The guitar control scheme is just an alternate "looking" setup, and works in much the same way as the stick & throttle control setup. By the time of Dynamite, he'd been flying so long that he could hit the throttle & stick with his guitar, that alone puts him above most pilots.

Isamu == military pilot.

Basara == singer.

Basara = Singer/musician/pilot

Isamu = reckless pilot with a death wish.

he's referring to Isamu's and Basara's primary roles/characteristics and asking which one is more likeable.

I don't think he was asking Max's opinion, either.

Where do you get "likable" out of his post?

Me, I don't like either one. I prefer Sheryl...both as a singer and as a pilot.

sure he is.

not his primary talent/skill, tho.

Actually, considering Akusho was tacked onto City 7 as his own private testground, for his own private fighter, as part of a military sanctioned project (Project M), and private flight instruction (Ray), Basara very much "was" a pilot.