High-quality static on-face vinyl UN Spacy decals for sale

Axelay

Had some people inquire about whether or not I could do a new batch of these decals, so here we go.

DSCN1407.jpg

If you've been here on Macrossworld long enough, you may remember a batch of these which I created back in 2005. I have just created a new batch of 60 and have this afternoon replaced my prototype which was on my car's rear windshield. After 6 years in the sun (no garage, by the way), my decal had finally started to discolor a bit. I've been quite impressed with how well these held up, and this new batch is the exact same quality.

Here's the original which was applied in 2005.

DSCN1410.jpg

And here's the new one applied today.

DSCN1412.jpg

These apply to the inside of your car's (or even display case's) glass surface and so they are protected from the elements. (Just be sure to not put it on the rear defroster!) The bubbles which you may see in the new decal do take a few days to "cure" once applied, but then they completely disappear. It's a lot like putting a screen protector on your phone.

Here's a close-up of the first one peeled from the sheet before being applied to my car. These are super glossy.

DSCN1409.jpg

I am asking $10 per decal plus $1 for shipping and handling. I am not asking a single penny more than I did back in 2005, as these really have been a labor of love for me. Hopefully people who purchased them back in the day will agree that these are worth it. Payment methods include PayPal, personal check via snail mail, or money order via snail mail.

If you are interested in owning one or more of these decals, please reply here to this thread. Once I see a reply from you, I will contact you via PM so that you can send your mailing address via email. Please don't put your mailing address in this thread. I have a special Gmail account set up for that so that I can make sure that I won't overlook anyone. I am going to keep a running tally of the numbers reserved since I only have 60 to offer. I already have some people in my area who have asked for one, and I am intending to once again send one for free to Graham and Shawn for their leadership of this great site.

Decals will be sent in a medium-sized manila mailing envelope. I would prefer to send out all of the decals simultaneously, so I hope to do this after all 60 are spoken for. I will let you know as soon as your payment has arrived and your decal is on its way.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM. Thanks!

1. Graham

2. Shawn

3. Local reservation Sewell - Paid and shipped

4. Local reservation Young - Paid and shipped

5. Local reservation Anderson - Paid and shipped

6. 505thAirborne - Paid and shipped

7. Valkyrie23 - Paid and shipped

8. Valkyrie23 - Paid and shipped

9. OldMan - Paid and shipped

10. frothymug - Paid and shipped

11. frothymug - Paid and shipped

12. Marzan - Paid and shipped

13. Marzan - Paid and shipped

14. pensives_wetness

15. pensives_wetness

16. pensives_wetness

17. pensives_wetness

18. pensives_wetness

19. eriku - Paid and shipped

20. pud333 - Paid and shipped

21. UN Spacy - Paid and shipped

22. ahrhino - Paid and shipped

23. azrhino - Paid and shipped

24. mrhillz - Paid and shipped

25. dobber - Paid and shipped

26. 21stcenturyguy

27. chowser - Paid and shipped

28. chowser - Paid and shipped

29. ObiJuan71

30. MacrossMan

31. MacrossMan

32. Macette - Paid and shipped

33. Macette - Paid and shipped

34. Hyperion728 - Paid and shipped

35. Hyperion728 - Paid and shipped

36. Mog - Paid and shipped

37. HG Blows

37. HG Blows

38. Metal_Massacre_79

39. Metal_Massacre_79

40. 94medition

41. 94medition

Edited by Axelay

Sign me up! Question: if I want more than 1, do I just pay 1$ for shipping anyway, plus #of decals * $10?

Good question - I'm glad you asked this. There is no additional shipping charge for ordering more than one decal. If you want 5 of them, then you pay only $1 for shipping ($51 total).

Hi there

I'd really like one myself, but would you consider shipping outside the US?

I'll ship anywhere you like so long as you're willing to cover whatever shipping costs above $1. (Probably not much in this case since it's just a medium-sized mailer.) If it's $0.50 or less, then I'll eat that cost.

I'll ship anywhere you like so long as you're willing to cover whatever shipping costs above $1. (Probably not much in this case since it's just a medium-sized mailer.) If it's $0.50 or less, then I'll eat that cost.

Cool. Put me up for one then.

I would be very pleased to get at least 3 of the DoD-style tags for me & my GF (plus a spare), sir. And 2 UNS kites as well.

Well, I haven't quite gotten the parking pass project back off the ground yet. I haven't had much interest in it, so I've not started investigating having those printed again. Maybe if a few more people would like one, I will start investigating the cost for those.

List updated as of 9/23. I have not yet sent out instructions for payment or contact information for shipping, so please continue to stand by for a little longer.

Mine still looks great from back then. I had to move it once (sold old car) and it looks okay, but I'd like another one (I bought two before, but Kevin @ VE wanted the other one :) )

Please put me down for two again!

---

payment sent.

hey frothymug, this was mine in 2009 after being in another car already for a few years. this pic is over two years old, but mine hasn't faded yet. it still looks and clings good.

p1030288ga9.jpg

I've sinced tinted the windows and put in projector headlights.

Edited by Chowser

OK, the first batch has been cut, put into mailing envelopes, addressed, and is ready to go. I have sent emails to each interested person with payment info. Y'all please do me a favor and help get the word out about these. I still have many to offer...

I think it'd be appropriate to post pics once everyone's adhered their stickers in their car windows, or whatever. Unfortunately, I don't have a camera and my phone sucks ass. Maybe I can borrow a camera from a classmate or something...

Are these still available? i'd like 2 if they are Please PM me info

Yes, I still have many remaining. Interest in these was not quite as strong as I had hoped...

I have added you to the list.

You mentioned that it's not a good idea to put the stickers on the rear defroster. Unfortunately, my rear window does not have enough space to fit the sticker. It would overlap one line on the defroster. I wanted to put it in the corner, but does anyone think that this may turn into a problem down the road? Also, my window is tinted. It's not as visible as I'd like, but does anyone have the same issue with a tinted window and its visibility? I may just put it on my side rear window, since it doesn't roll down.

You mentioned that it's not a good idea to put the stickers on the rear defroster. Unfortunately, my rear window does not have enough space to fit the sticker. It would overlap one line on the defroster. I wanted to put it in the corner, but does anyone think that this may turn into a problem down the road? Also, my window is tinted. It's not as visible as I'd like, but does anyone have the same issue with a tinted window and its visibility? I may just put it on my side rear window, since it doesn't roll down.

I had mine on the rear window of my car, in the corner and partially over the defroster, for 7 or so years and it never came loose. It may not be the same for every make/model of car, but I never had any problems on my 2000 Focus.

Speaking of which, mine arrived today, thanks so much Axelay! ^_^