Disintegrating 1/60 YF-19 Joints

Graham

My YF-19 will likely never be transformed and I'm not gonna look for problems. The only angle I like it from is top fighter anyway.

Me too. I love the 19 and the rest of the valks for their fighter modes and I too have never transformed any of em. I leave em all in the box most of the time cause I'm too lazy to dust em every week. ^_^

post-1819-0-13600500-1366063664_thumb.jpg

Alright it turns out I just needed to sand down the rail the bicep cover slides up and down on so now it works perfectly. I will try to tweak the rail a little bit but it will probably still need some light sanding to fit right. It's better to start out with more material to work with in order to compensate for Shapeways printing tolerances anyways.

I should be able to get this part up for sale either today or tomorrow.

you're a dear, veef. :) if this was the only issue with my own YF-19, then i'd be all over this like white on rice.

all being equal, the Yammie 19S has spoiled me so bad that i guess i'm really not missing the older 19 variant near as much as i figured i might.

at any rate, it's all good... :lol:

Edited by Shaorin

I have just received this message from Shapeways:

"Hi Priss,

We're really sorry to let you know that there was a problem with your recent order. These design(s) could not be 3D printed in the material selected:

19 Bicep in White Strong & Flexible

Given the nature of 3D printing (converting digital files into physical products), every now and then we catch designs that will be too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to defy the laws of physics and try to find these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process.

You can reach out to the designer who created the model by clicking on the model name above to expedite the process. On the top right corner of the page linked above, you can click the "Contact Designer" button to start a conversation.

We have credited your account, which you can use to purchase anything on Shapeways. If you do not wish to order anything else at this time, please let us know and we will arrange a refund.

Amount Credited: $29.99

View My Credits

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your continued satisfaction is our top priority, so if there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know!

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team

Ralph, Maartje, Kevin, Christel, Joost, Michon, Mitchell and Gary

service@shapeways.com"

Damn it xDD

Yeah I'll just try to fix it back to how it was. Stupid shapeways and their arbitrary printing tolerances.

You may have to use a longer screw than what's in the arm already though.

OK, boss.

You know Veef, You have given a second life to at least 5 of my Valks (3 VF-0, 2 VF-1) hahahaha

Now, let us know when to put the order again please!!!

Thanks again!

I received the same "unable to print" message, I will wait for your update on this thread and then try again.

I pretty much echo Priss's comments as well, I think this is about the twelfth set of replacement shoulder/arm parts you have helped me with!

Cheers

I just purchased and received a used YF-19 from AE. Upon first transformation i discovered a crack at the joint located in the bottom rear in batteroid mode and in the back of the cockpit in fighter mode. Has this been reported previously??

I'm hoping I can either return the item or receive a full refund. The crack is bad and the cracked piece appears to be falling off soon. I'm not sure how to repair it, if AE won't do anything.

IMG_1604_zps5515eeb7.jpg

I've seen at least one other YF-19 with that kind of crack in it, but it's not a common thing.

If you can't get your money back or return it, I'm seriously considering making an upgrade kit for the YF-19 to make it closer to the VF-19. It would probably replace a decent number of parts, and might fix that piece, so there might be hope for it yet.

Any suggestions of how one might go about fixing it? If need be? I'm leaving the YF-19 in battroid mode for the time being to avoid applying more stress to the piece. It's ready to fall off any moment....

When I placed the order I was all ready for the common problems (even ordered from Shapeways the bicep parts by VF255), but wasn't expecting this.......

Any other input is welcomed. Does anybody have experience with AE ordering used items?

I just purchased and received a used YF-19 from AE. Upon first transformation i discovered a crack at the joint located in the bottom rear in batteroid mode and in the back of the cockpit in fighter mode. Has this been reported previously??

I'm hoping I can either return the item or receive a full refund. The crack is bad and the cracked piece appears to be falling off soon. I'm not sure how to repair it, if AE won't do anything.

IMG_1604_zps5515eeb7.jpg

wow... must have took a good fall in mid transformation to sustain damage like that.

indeed, the plastic on these are pure crap... still and all, that isn't a place that should be damaged so under normal wear and tear...

Edited by Shaorin

Well, that'll be a ways off, and might only be the front cockpit section. However, I'm considering a mod for the hips that would essentially make them just like the VF-19's, removing the intake details, and allowing you to pivot the hips. That's going to take a lot of work to figure out though.

post-1819-0-05838600-1367428872_thumb.jpg

I dunno if anyone got their replacement parts yet but I got my copy of the revised piece and it works pretty well. I think I should probably fill in that gap that somehow Shapeways added to the part on the front. However, the screw now threads through the hole beautifully after a little bit of sanding for parts fit.

Damn, one of my display 1/60 YF-19 toys suffered a spontaneous disintegration of the right shoulder joint and left knee joint at the weekend 

This was a first release YF-19 that had been standing in battroid mode in my display cabinet, untouched for several years.

At the weekend, I decided to have a reorganization of my display cabinet. I carefully lifted out the YF-19 and the arm and lower leg just suddenly fell off. The grey plastic in the affected areas had literally just crumbled away.

I’ve seen this happen to VF-0 shoulders and elbow joints before, but never on a 1/60 YF-19.

Will post some photos of the effected joints later.

Anybody else had this happen on their YF-19 before?

Graham

That sucks! Well good thing we wont be yamato'd again