Static-on-face vinyl UN Spacy decals

Axelay

Thought I'd share this for the newer members of this community. Back in 2005, I had an idea to create a super high-quality UN Spacy decal for my new Mustang. I didn't want some sticker on the outside of the car - I wanted something which would be placed on the glass on an inside window and would last for years. Here we are in 2011, and I've had a couple of people ask me about doing another run of these decals. It's taken 6 years, but my original is starting to fade just a little bit. Here are some images from the first run.

dscn2236rm6.jpg

dscn2234zv2.jpg

dscn2233bn6.jpg

dscn2232yu5.jpg

Each of these decals is 4.5" in diameter and is very glossy. Mine has remained applied to my rear windshield ever since I first put it there and has never bubbled or cracked. I once considered doing a low-visibility version of this decal in gray tones, but I never got a prototype created.

One more project which I never got completely off the ground was a mockup of a UNS base parking pass. I did have a prototype of this made, but it was the only one which I ever did. It was designed so that people could change the numbers and could add in their own text for the main field (e.g. 05, 66, and AXELAY could be customized).

IMAGE_039.jpg

I recently had to have my windshield replaced, and I lost my one-of-a-kind decal along with it. I'm tempted to see if I can get this project back out of storage and make another one of these as well.