Thoughts on Macross Plus

VF-15 Banshee

Isamu getting Lucy wasn't a challenge, and Myung was a forgone. As for Sharon, she didn't want to get wit him, she wanted to ram him into the ground.

Basara on the other hand had Sivil cummin' just from the thought of him, and had she stayed in this dimension t hey'd totally be having flying singing guitar playing super babies. I'd also wager that he did get Rex, he's just to smooth to bother flaunting it.

Max is OG sukube and got Milia, but Basara had the entire Chlore fleet soaking themselves. but was quickly p-whipped. Basara's pimp enough that he don't need those ho's, though if stupid freakin' Pedro hadn't inturrupted, he'd literally have been in Emilia's pants.

Once again, the win goes to Basara.

lol!

The only time Basara had some "cummin'" for him was when the space whale went bukake on his VF-19...

lol!

The only time Basara had some "cummin'" for him was when the space whale went bukake on his VF-19...

Much like Bender, in order to get busy with maximum efficiency, Basara needs a girl with a 400-ton booty. But watch Fleet of the Strongest women.

Edited by Keith

Basara's pimp enough that he don't need those ho's, though if stupid freakin' Pedro hadn't inturrupted, he'd literally have been in Emilia's pants.

Yeah, and the was the one time that it seemed that Basara was up for it too!

Your all missing the point. Plus was real and happened. 7 is complete fictional nonsense.

I know not of waht you speak.

In any case, exactly when did this become a Basara discussion? I'm doing a review for Mac7, wait till then dammit! :) Though I will say this: I would have liked to have seen the aftermath of Fleet of the Strongest Women. I could see Chlore and Tranquil and the other Meltrandi on the command ship at least, wanting to do that Protoculture kissing thing that Millia's so good at! :D

Of course that post want suppose to make sense.

Either way I gave macross 7 another try. Watched the first 2 episodes. Im not sure what I watched a couple years ago that completely turned me off to 7 but I could get into this. I downloaded what thought was the first episode of 7. It was something about some woman in the mountains. I can't really remember. But it wasn't like what I just downloaded now. HHmmmm...... ^_^

Of course that post want suppose to make sense.

Either way I gave macross 7 another try. Watched the first 2 episodes. Im not sure what I watched a couple years ago that completely turned me off to 7 but I could get into this. I downloaded what thought was the first episode of 7. It was something about some woman in the mountains. I can't really remember. But it wasn't like what I just downloaded now. HHmmmm...... ^_^

You got the "movie", which is somewhere in the middle of the TV series and largely unrelated to anything.

I find it interesting how the YF-21 managed to ram itself at the X-9, even though during that split second, Guld has gone, and the aircraft also has passed its maximum structural limit. But when the YF-21 starts going down a little bit, suddenly it goes up and rammed the X-9.

It seems as if it look like the YF-21 is able to perform beyond its maximum capabilities, and execute the command without the pilot, even if only for a second, in order to fulfill its master wish.

But it could probably just a matter of movie sequence. Guld might still be alive when he rammed the enemy.

It's been a while since I've seen 'Plus, but the last we see of Guld is his death scream as his eyes implode. It's reasonable to believe that he was still conscious enough to drive the plane into his final wish. Besides, I also seem to remember a fast scene where the gun-sight of the plane was closing at point blank on the X9, a sign that a collision was imminent.

Or, as you say, it was all just a matter of movie sequence.

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy...It's been too long...

• 2 weeks later...

Macross Plus will always remind me of how I developed my love for anime. If it was not for M+ I would not be here as well. :D

BTW, when I first saw Macross Plus (Movie) it was in the WOWOW channel and I could understand a single word the characters were saying, but, that was all it took for me get hooked on anime and eventually wind up here a few years later.

Macross Plus is amazing on so many levels. And it has the best english language DVD (the whole package) of any Macross in my view.

Regarding the music, personally I think Macross Plus has a fantastic soundtrack (done by none other that Yoko Kanno herself) and I have a hard time imagining any other music playing to Isamu's/Guld's duel.

DOGFIGHT FTW!!! By the way who composed this instrumental? Kanno?

• 8 months later...