Aliens: Colonial Marines morphs into Isolation

Dobber

I started playing it, but is the motion blur required? I find it distracting. Or is the blur a problem with my system? Should I adjust hte settings?

Hmm....no motion blur on my laptop...

I believe I'm very close to finishing the main story, quite a few nice twists thrown in there. What really impresses me is how this game forces me to change everything I'm used to with FPS's and draws me in much deeper than any recent game has. Even after hours of playing, getting caught by the Xeno (henceforth nicknamed "Big Ugly") still gives me a jump, and there is no feeling like running out of flamethrower fuel.

I look at ceiling air vents with suspicion now, and will likely flip my lid if cardboard boxes on the floor start jostling around. AvP is calling to me for some sweet comeuppance.

Since this is the official ALIEN thread I thought it'd be cool to share this photo of my ALIEN 12inch McFarlane Toy. I also have a Predator 12inch toy too. Both have never been taken out of the box. I thought about selling them but they don't seem as valuable as I expected. Maybe down the road when ALIEN becomes really popular again I will :)

ALIEN_zpsf48540e9.jpg

Edited by TangledThorns

Since this is the official ALIEN thread I thought it'd be cool to share this photo of my ALIEN 12inch McFarlane Toy. I also have a Predator 12inch toy too. Both have never been taken out of the box. I thought about selling them but they don't seem as valuable as I expected. Maybe down the road when ALIEN becomes really popular again I will :)

SO AWESOME. I have that exact same figure and an 18 inch alien; I picked up both from BBTS some years ago. The Xenomorph is my absolute favorite fantasy creature.

IMG_20141113_053833_706_zpsh1xm0zz5.jpg

Edited by myk

• 1 month later...

PC Gamer gave ALIEN: Isolation their GOTY award and its well deserved too! I played some great games this year like South Park and Shadow of Mordor but A:I edged them out as one of my all time favorites. Still, the fact that A:I received GOTY makes IGN look dumber by the day.

http://www.pcgamer.com/game-of-the-year-2014-alien-isolation/