Macross Zero Episode 3

MacrossX

I am not going into the details......

Generally, it is the same as part 1 and 2. The story and fighting are still around the island.

For all the valks and CGI fighters fans, the excitment lasts about 4 to 5 mins in the second half of the 30 mins show. For those who can't dive, you will enjoy the nice underwater scene around the tropical island.

There is also some nudity.

Spoiler

The scientists discovered some alien's robot or the alien himself on the island, I can't quite figure out what it is but apparently they are analysing the "blood" from this "body"

Shin and Mao have discovered something alien (still alive) in the ocean. I think Mao is kinda a psychic.

Episode 4 (dense forest) will be released in Spring 2004.

Edited by MacrossX

Hey, for a moment in the Asuka battle scene, i thought i was watching the intro cg for

a new "armored core" game! :D

But very satisfying battles! Again, too little armored valk.. :p Loved the way the seemingly HEAT round

penetrated the armor!!!!! "..Reactive Armor!?!?!" Man, was he shocked!!!

SPOLIERS

What's this about Mao having the same blood as the alien thingy? And PROTOCULTURE was mentioned...

What's this about Mao having the same blood as the alien thingy? And PROTOCULTURE was mentioned...

Maybe that's why Mao has some psychic abilities. I am still trying to figure out what those alien "thingies" are. They didn't appear in the original Macorss series or the movie.

I am disappointed in the carrier ship not being the Promethemus (did I spell it right?). Macross Zero is just slightly before Macross in the timeline, so I don't think it would hurt to include her in Macross Zero. It would be nice if they could introduce other mechas that appeared in the original series or the movie besides the Valks.

Edited by MacrossX

Generally, it is the same as part 1 and 2. The story and fighting are still around the island.

And it ain't movin from the area either. The story doesn't look like it's going to space or South Ataria...

I am still trying to figure out what those alien "thingies" are. They didn't appear in the original Macorss series or the movie.

We still have 2 more episodes...we'll have our answer soon enough. No need to spend time figuring out what those "thingies" are.

I am disappointed in the carrier ship not being the Promethemus (did I spell it right?). Macross Zero is just slightly before Macross in the timeline, so I don't think it would hurt to include her in Macross Zero. It would be nice if they could introduce other mechas that appeared in the original series or the movie besides the Valks

Concerning Prometheus, yeah well, what are you going to do? So they didn't include her in the series at the moment, no need to cry about it. :p

Concerning mechs: Well, read the timeline. Most Destroids and the VF-1 just started mass production. The only mech I expect to see is the VF-1 at the end, but minus that, the VF-0 and the Cheyenne are just fine.

Concerning the blood: Ahh, the plot thickens!

Concerning Protoculture: Edgar got the 2-page Cliff Notes from Ms. Turner as to how all this relates to a theory.

Edited by azrael

I liked it. Man did Sara go off on Shin. For a moment I though Mao died when the boat exploded. And it was cool when DD thought he won, but was quite surprised when the armor came off and he saw Roy. I was like, "Get him Focker!!!!!!" :lol:

I've only seen the raw version of it, but it's still enjoyable. I want Nora to die so badly, although she is appealing to the eye...and don't Sara's breasts look smaller than they did in Episode 2? They looked smaller to me. :lol:

I liked the combat. I've got a question, when the village was being destroyed, were those Anti-UN mecha?

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

Maybe there was an actual protoculture living on the island at some point after crashing/landing, and Mao and Sara are decended from him/her, explaining their psychic abilities and "alien" blood. Maybe an aspect of having Anima Spritia was having that piece of Protoculture DNA in your makeup. If they made us, why not?

I still have some hopes of the Prometheus showing up, if anything to deliver a shipment of brand new VF-1's.

Still waiting for the fansub, hopefully in a day or two.

I am disappointed in the carrier ship not being the Promethemus (did I spell it right?). Macross Zero is just slightly before Macross in the timeline, so I don't think it would hurt to include her in Macross Zero. It would be nice if they could introduce other mechas that appeared in the original series or the movie besides the Valks.

Kawamori said that for Zero he decided not to be concerned about continuity. That's why we haven't seen planes like the Dragon II or Karyovin. But really, what's the big deal and what difference would it make? Would it make the story any better in any way if it said PROMETHEUS instead of Asuka? These minor details are really rather inconsequential.

azrael wrote:

>>And it ain't movin from the area either. The story doesn't look like it's going to space or South Ataria...

The whole thing feels like a stimulated vacation in the Carribean.

>>We still have 2 more episodes...we'll have our answer soon enough. No need to spend time figuring out what those "thingies" are.

I was just referring to the drawings. Difficult to tell whether it is a robot, or something organic.

>>Concerning Prometheus, yeah well, what are you going to do? So they didn't include her in the series at the moment, no need to cry about it. :p

By using the word "thingies", I might have given you the wrong impression about my age. After all these years, nothing depresses me any more. Crying and whining are just not my thing. Wait ....I did cry.....I was chopping that small onion the other night. What a tears bomb for something that small. :)

Actually, the series has been lame so far. The story is not as creative. If one is the fan of the CG, then the series is worth watching. I also found it a bit short (30 mins).

Was there ever an official published timeline (besides the obvious ones indicated by various Macross shows)? I don't mean those on the Macross Compendium (I am not even sure where they came from).

Edited by MacrossX

For real, some of you bitch too much about the minor details. Does it matter if it's the Prometheus? What if the ASKA/Asuka is destroyed by the end of the series, hmm??

Actually as I mentioned. I am too old to whine or bitch about anything. The series just doesn't have any story to talk about... A great show for CGI graphics for sure.

Actually as I mentioned. I am too old to whine or bitch about anything. The series just doesn't have any story to talk about... A great show for CGI graphics for sure.

For me is the opposite agreat show for the story and some action for the "olders" like us <_< ;)

I want to know what the hell that blue glowing thing is. I want to know what's going to happen with (what I think is) the head in that water scene. I can't wait to see what happens with the AFOS. I'm thinking Nora dies in the next episode...DD bites it in the 5th ep. by Focker, and maybe shin goes out with a bang as well.... There's nothing in there that would indicate that...but it's a feeling I have..... And Sara needs to stop PMSing.... :p

I guess I'll find out a little more about what's going with the blue glowing thing, and what's going on with the AFOS after the ep. 3 fansubs come out. ...For now I feel kinda disappointed...and at the same time I don't feel disappointed. I dunno. The animation was awesome though. Can't wait for the fansubs and episodes 4 and 5!!!

azrael wrote:

*snip*

You know...there is the "quote" button. I suggest using it as it does help with readability.....

Actually, the series has been lame so far. The story is not as creative. If one is the fan of the CG, then the series  is worth watching. I also found it a bit short (30 mins).

To each his own..Well, if it was 45 min a episode, we'd probably have only 4 episodes..... :)

Was there ever an official published timeline (besides the obvious ones indicated by various Macross shows)? I don't mean those on the Macross Compendium (I am not even sure where they came from).

I don't know how much more official you can get with the timeline at the Compendium.... :unsure:

I don't know how much more official you can get with the timeline at the Compendium.... :unsure:

Regardless of how comprehensive it appears to be, the Compendium isn't an official site and thus it can't be treated as one.

It's as close as you'll get to one. The official Macross site doesn't have anything at all.

Only had time to watch ep # 3 once last night. Will watch it again tonight. Anyway, here's some thoughts, observations and questions: -

1) The blue glowing thing looked quite phallic! The APHOS is going to be really pissed if they have stolen his dick :p

2) Was the Anti-UN submarine that Shin attacked underwater the same type of mecha as used by the Anti-UN forces on the beach to destroy the Mayan village or was that a different type of mecha?

3) When Mao was unconsious near the end of the episode and being examind by Aries, didn't it seem that Mao's breasts had gotten much bigger? There's a scene which shows Mao laying on a examination table from the side view and there are some very large bumps there :lol:

4) I'm probably the only person who doesn't like it when the use traditional cell animation to animate the VFs. I think it looks really jarring and out of place. Either keep them all CG or all cell animated, don't mix the two styles! In ep # 2 when they cell animated Roy's VF-0S battroid, I thought the animation was terrible, like something drawn by Anime Friend. In Episode # 3, the cell animated Armored VF-0S and SV-51's (inside the hanger), really didn't work for me. I think the CG animation in Zero is excellent, so I'd rather they kept the VFs CG all the time.

5) Lots of wing flapping by the SV-51s in battroid mode in this episode. What's the purpose? I don't think it can be to create additional lift. I know we discussed this before, but I forget what the consensus was.

6) I'm guessing the reason the Anti-UN forces attacked the Asuka was to steal the APHOS, as despite the spirited defence by the Destroids and Roy, it looked like the SV-51s could have easily sunk the Asuka if they really wanted.

7) Seemed like both Shin and Mao were diving too deep and for too long especially as they weren't using any SCUBA gear!

8) A great episode and makes me want to have some Macross Zero toys even more!

9) Am I the only one who is pissed that they never have any next episode previews?

10) Anybody have a link for a site that has the episode # 3 script? I don't want to download the the whole epsode as I already have the original DVD, I just want the script only.

Graham

azrael wrote:

*snip*

You know...there is the "quote" button. I suggest using it as it does help with readability.....

Actually, I was trying to make it more readable by quoting your point individually instead of quoting the whole paragraph. You would see my replies to each of your points I wanted to respond to. It saves you from reading back and forth between our correspondence. It is a better organised format. Of course, I could also do some editing in the quote entry field to achieve the same format.

Edited by MacrossX

1) The blue glowing thing looked quite phallic! The APHOS is going to be really pissed if they have stolen his dick :p

2) Was the Anti-UN submarine that Shin attacked underwater the same type of mecha as used by the Anti-UN forces on the beach to destroy the Mayan village or was that a different type of mecha?

4) I'm probably the only person who doesn't like it when the use traditional cell animation to animate the VFs. I think it looks really jarring and out of place. Either keep them all CG or all cell animated, don't mix the two styles! In ep # 2 when they cell animated Roy's VF-0S battroid, I thought the animation was terrible, like something drawn by Anime Friend. In Episode # 3, the cell animated Armored VF-0S and SV-51's (inside the hanger), really didn't work for me. I think the CG animation in Zero is excellent, so I'd rather they kept the VFs CG all the time.

6) I'm guessing the reason the Anti-UN forces attacked the Asuka was to steal the APHOS, as despite the spirited defence by the Destroids and Roy, it looked like the SV-51s could have easily sunk the Asuka if they really wanted.

7) Seemed like both Shin and Mao were diving too deep and for too long especially as they weren't using any SCUBA gear!

10) Anybody have a link for a site that has the episode # 3 script? I don't want to download the the whole epsode as I already have the original DVD, I just want the script only.

Graham

Graham....AFOS....not APHOS.... :lol:bash.gifslap.gifwhack.gif

2) Perhaps. They seem to have the same sensor eye.

4) Nah, you're not the only one. The cels are definitely CG colored (what isn't these days...) but yeah, I wasn't too fond of the switching either.

6)DD probably would have gotten AFOS as well if Roy didn't interfere.

7) You expect them to have SCUBA gear? On the island which barely has a working generator...One wonders how they even get a TV reception.....

10) Fat chance of that...The golden days of fansubs are gone. No group releases their scripts.