FPV RC fighter plane

Solscud007

This is too cool. If you read the description, the guy wears video goggles so that the live streamed video is sent to his goggles. So he can view the plane in first person mode.

So many cool applications for this. DIY predator drones? Or better yet, DIY RC macross valkyries!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OZCWaJBdc&feature=player_embedded#!

Actually the stuff needed for FPV RC aircraft has been around for a couple of years. It's still not that affordable because it's a niche area within a niche area, and that safety really, really prompts you to tandam fly -- it's easy to become disoriented while viewing the image and trying to fly, there's a disconnect. I've personally tied a wireless security cam to a small non-RC wheeled chassis and it's honestly a bit weird.

The technical constraints also come into play; there are technical regulations on the power of transceivers that can be used within the RC vehicle. For me, I'm not interested in RC flying, so I was able to take advantage of cheap, off-the-shelf sec cams and DVRs. Now, to find a cheap pair of video googles...

EDIT: Finished watching the video. Yeoch. That's an expensive setup. Cool, but expensive. You do see some of the technical contraints, as there are periods where the video feed cuts out. That happens quite often actually, especially if you are in a built-up area, or RC'ing something that can get out of effective wireless range quickly... like a jet fighter. :lol:

Edited by Lynx7725

The day when war will become a giant videogame is soon approaching. To make it a profitable, fun, and competitive event I suggest nestling one of these "proxy" wars every four years, perhaps tuck it in between the Olympics and the World Cup, where countries go head to head in a myriad of events - like drone air to air, drone ground attack accuracy events, r/c tank battles, MW3, Halo, and Starcraft (which undoubtedly will make South Korea the next world power).

The day when war will become a giant videogame is soon approaching. To make it a profitable, fun, and competitive event I suggest nestling one of these "proxy" wars every four years, perhaps tuck it in between the Olympics and the World Cup, where countries go head to head in a myriad of events - like drone air to air, drone ground attack accuracy events, r/c tank battles, MW3, Halo, and Starcraft (which undoubtedly will make South Korea the next world power).

Isn't that what they did in G Gundam? :p