Ok Guys... Do YOU want the 1/60 YF-19?

ErikElvis

I would love to see a v3 of the YF-19, and it may sound weird, but I would like to see them release the Bird of Prey and the Double Nuts again too! I do not have the original paint scheme YF-19, but the bird of prey and I have to say that it is one of the most striking and handsome colors schemes that I have come across. I would really only like to see the v3 YF-19 if they release a v3 YF-21/VF-22S Sturmvogel II as well. I have a VF-22S Milia version and I love the thing to death but just wish that the legs fit better, didn't fall off as easily and if the blasted thing would stand well on it's own in Battroid and also not have the main gear collapse on it every time a fly farts on it!

Twich

I would love to see a v3 of the YF-19, and it may sound weird, but I would like to see them release the Bird of Prey and the Double Nuts again too! I do not have the original paint scheme YF-19, but the bird of prey and I have to say that it is one of the most striking and handsome colors schemes that I have come across. I would really only like to see the v3 YF-19 if they release a v3 YF-21/VF-22S Sturmvogel II as well. I have a VF-22S Milia version and I love the thing to death but just wish that the legs fit better, didn't fall off as easily and if the blasted thing would stand well on it's own in Battroid and also not have the main gear collapse on it every time a fly farts on it!

Twich

I think the Milia release was the worst one by far of the VF-22s. The YF-21 was tight all around and the landing gears stayed in place very well. Then when I got my Gamlin version, the bay doors were floppy and would not lock in place when extended. Then I got my Max and it was just about as good as the YF-21, with the problems I had with Gamlin's fixed/non-existant, but the landing gears were a little loose, but still tolerable. Then it all went to hell with Milia's where every flap and wing were floppy and the landing gears would collapse if you looked at it funny. So I second the notion on locking landing gears and non-removable legs. Also I think an additional flap that folds out of the bay doors to cover the gap under the curved part of the arm to hide the exposed calves in fighter mode would be nice. Those three things are the main improvements that I would look for on a new V3 if one were to ever come out. Unlike the YF-19 though, the existing releases, save for the terrible QC on Milia's VF, are already pretty awesome, imo.

Let them improve their QC first.

Second that....

List of 1/60s with common "exploding" QC problems.

VF-1s

VT-1s

VE-1s

VF-0s

recently...tada YF-19s

Seriously - 1 mistake is understandable, 2 of the same mistake is not so acceptable, 3 or the same mistake is unacceptable. Yamato's made 5 and still counting with the VF-19 on a pending status. Take as long as it takes Yamato but please no more exploding toys! Getting a little tired of a new toy with the same old problems.

I have the 19 posed acceptably in the case right now. Although I couldn't get the pose I wanted on the flexi due to the thing flopping apart when I though I had it set up. The original 1/60 will do for now but its a space filler. I just want a pretty fighter mode. Hell Id buy a standalone fighter of high quality. (and no I don't have patience for models)

i've been noticing a fairly large modicum of MW members lately, that tend to like to leave their VFs in FIGHTER mode, never transforming them even once.

i can understand that for VFs that one might own that have known structural faults on their particular copy,

but otherwise, that mindset kind of rather defeats the purpose of a perfect-variable VF toy, don't 'cha think?

Edited by Shaorin

Second that....

List of 1/60s with common "exploding" QC problems.

VF-1s

VT-1s

VE-1s

VF-0s

recently...tada YF-19s

Seriously - 1 mistake is understandable, 2 of the same mistake is not so acceptable, 3 or the same mistake is unacceptable. Yamato's made 5 and still counting with the VF-19 on a pending status. Take as long as it takes Yamato but please no more exploding toys! Getting a little tired of a new toy with the same old problems.

:edit:

SCBBWXLZ5E42XESYG2QF7ELFOOB2IFQT.jpeg

Forget it, I'm done. I'm not even going to dignify this with a legitimate response anymore.

Edited by anime52k8

In case anyone cares as Im posting for my own amusement overdrive finally responded to my emails from my order on the 13th. shipped yesterday. Said my order was lost somehow. But were very nice about it. And really couldn't beat the price for the 11c. Id wait the extra couple weeks. Now soon to come are the big decisions..... VF-17, VF-25 ver2, VF-19S, man they're killin me. I wouldn't mind the YF-29 either.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got my very first YF-19 - which was also Yamato's first Macross toy in 2000, I've been waiting for perfect 1/60 version.

I'm not into buying multiple version of same model, so I've been skipping v.1.0 and v.2.0. If they do V3.0 based on the feedback they get from VF-19s, I'm pretty sure I'll buy it. That will complete my Macross Plus collection.

I've been waiting for more than 10 years, so I'm not in a hurry. I'll be a happy man as long as they release a rock solid version.

• 1 month later...

I too would buy a v.3 YF-19 in a heartbeat. If it has the improvements of the VF-19, I don't care how much they charge, as I'll be all over that!

All the awesomeness of the new VF-19 mode without the lousy out-of-this-world paint schemes and designs!

But… you’ve just said you’ll be edging out the VF-19 due to the problem arising in it! :wacko:

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing a v.3 YF-19. Graham told us to be patient... ^_^

Edited by Reïvaj

Anybody notice an influx of yf-19 weathering version on the market recently? You can find 2 on ebay. Hobby link japan and angolz have them in stock. What gives? Shouldn't just 300 of those be pretty rare?

I just splurged on one from angolz before so many started popping up. I hope I didn't buy a bootleg... :/

I picked my YF-19 at 45% off during last year's christmas sale at HLJ so I can definitely wait for a V3. I must say I like it despite the gullet in fighter and non locking gerwalk and battroid modes. Id' want new valkyrie types to be done before Yamato upgrades the YF-19

But… you’ve just said you’ll be edging out the VF-19 due to the problem arising in it! :wacko:

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing a v.3 YF-19. Graham told us to be patient... ^_^

Oh, lulz, I meant all [V]F-19 models that Yamato puts out. I will DEFINETELY be buying a v.3 [Y]F-19 toy if it's made, as

a) That fighter is very close to my heart, in that it was the first EVER macross jet that I ever saw, watching Macross Plus for the first time

b) It's a figther that is much more modern and realistic (as realistic as a transforming fighter will get :D ) than the crazy schemes of Macross 7

c) The way the feet are shaped on the YF-19, as well as the rediculous amount of mold changes that will have to be made for a YF-19 will allow

for implementation of ratchet joints in the ankles rather than ball joins (which would be hard to do on the YF-19 due to the way it's feet are shaped imo)

d) even if they screw everything up, I'll still buy it because it is the YF-19, no complaints from me. The design had to justify purchases of the Vf-19 variants, but with a YF-19, none of that matters :p

Edited by Archer

The yf-19 is back in stock at HLJ, oh and look they want an arm AND a leg for it, seriously who the hell would buy it at that price? It's an old mold and design, that's flawed and prone to c4 shoulders, you can almost get one of the new vf-19's for that price. I have never been a fan of the yf-19 and I honestly hated Mac+, so a new version yf-19 would still be an easy pass even if it had all the new updates.

NOOOO!!! Come on man, don't post teh negative views on the YF-19 v.3!!! If we can convolute this thread with hundreds of only positive responses, then we're bound to make the idea look better. That's it, I'm calling it. You don't want the YF-19, don't post!!!

jk man, your opinion is your opinion, and I respect that. Post away!! And yeah, that HLJ price is rediculous. No one would pay that much for one with a v.3 hinted at, and ease of buying a VF-19 with a few more bucks thrown into the pot.

I know they're trying to drop the old stock which is probably another good indication a V3 is indeed on the way, but damn, that price is outrageous. I think I may be one of the few who dislikes the yf-19 and Mac+, which is weird because I absolutely love the new vf-19, that said it seems pretty evident you will all get you V3. Since I have my dream valk from emerald force on the way I'll give you all the benefit of my doubt, I am STOKED for a new yf-19, I'll buy 3 so I can have a crazy all prototype squad, bring it on Yamato!

I know they're trying to drop the old stock which is probably another good indication a V3 is indeed on the way, but damn, that price is outrageous. I think I may be one of the few who dislikes the yf-19 and Mac+, which is weird because I absolutely love the new vf-19, that said it seems pretty evident you will all get you V3. Since I have my dream valk from emerald force on the way I'll give you all the benefit of my doubt, I am STOKED for a new yf-19, I'll buy 3 so I can have a crazy all prototype squad, bring it on Yamato!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! Me too!! ;):D:lol:B))

I wasn't really into the whole idea of redoing a figure as relatively new as the YF-19, but now That I've gotten the VF-19S, I'm really wanting to get a YF-19 and complete the Macross Plus trifecta now. but at the same time, having handled the VF-19S, it's so much better than any Macross toy I own that I just couldn't go back and buy the current YF-19 without being hugely disappointed.

So yeah, the VF-19 is so good I don't think I could buy another Macross toy that came out before it and properly enjoy it. but I still want a YF-19 in my life so an updated 1/60 would be good for me.

BTW, I'd like them to go back and do v.2 versions of the Macross Zero valks. I know that will never happen because there's so little demand for them but macross Zero had such awesome designs that ended up as such mediocre toys.

Edited by anime52k8

The VF-19 engineering is top-notch. However, engineering excellence and lineart accuracy aside, I like the look of the Yammie YF-19 better. The wrong scale looks better to me. :rolleyes:

Too I would be interested in a VF-0 v2. Two words: Reactive Armor. :wub:

After getting the VF-19, I think they ought to eventually redo the YF-19 as well. The YF-19 just seems so off in comparison. One of the things that bothered me about it from the start as far as the battroid mode is concerned is that the profile of the battroid seemed like it was leaning forward in a neutral stance and the knees seemed bent backwards. I won't even get started on the fighter mode from anything other than top angle viewing.